Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

Reaction Score
"Randy Edsall and director of athletics David Benedict have come to the mutual decision that it is in the best interest of the UConn football program for Edsall to step aside immediately as head football coach."

Okay, change of plans then. Lou Spanos is coach rest of the season. Must have gotten ugly in DB's office the last 24 hours.

Anyone still think Edsall retired voluntarily?

Regardless of what some on here say, Benedict got played too into thinking there would be "noticeable improvement" due to the year off. It was his cred also on the line now. A positive sign he was angry enough that Edsall is gone 48 hours after a humiliating loss and making a fool out of everyone.

Reaction Score
"Randy Edsall and director of athletics David Benedict have come to the mutual decision that it is in the best interest of the UConn football program for Edsall to step aside immediately as head football coach."

Okay, change of plans then. Lou Spanos is coach rest of the season. Must have gotten ugly in DB's office the last 24 hours.

Anyone still think Edsall retired voluntarily?
Going out with a loss to Holy Cross? No.

Reaction Score
I like the Spanos choice a ton. That video of him while appalling was way more on edsall than him. He was passionate. He was in that game down 10. Edsall just wasn’t. I love this choice. Would honestly not be shocked if he gets some wins out of this team and gets an interim off and honestly I think that’s what AD David Benedict wants to try.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Didn’t see this coming. Hoping Borges or somebody gets some details. That said, I like it. Let’s see if a different coach can get something out of these guys. Cannot expect any significant scheme changes though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom