Ed Cooley to Georgetown | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why? I want that bad.
Because it would be really poor form. Providence has done everything right by Cooley. They kept extending him with major pay increases, he's one of the best paid coaches out there, they gave him the pay increases for his assistants, he's from Providence, all he does is preach loyalty and family...

I think he quit on his team and it showed the past few weeks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t know how much stock to put into that, but Cooley did nothing postgame to indicate that he was staying at PC - he sounded like he was gone.

Absolutely devastating for Providence fans. They’ve been talking about this being his dream job forever and not only is he dumping them, but he’s dumping them for an in-conference rival.

We’ve told Providence fans for years that they have a hard ceiling…well, Ed Cooley is about to show it to them.

Reaction Score
Wild day for the Big East.

Providence should give the Kennesaw State coach consideration. He was impressive today even with the loss. Seemed highly intelligent when he was interviewed.

Now if they could get Billy Donovan to come home that would be something.

Reaction Score

Providence should give the Kennesaw State coach consideration. He was impressive today even with the loss. Seemed highly intelligent when he was interviewed.
I was highly impressed with him and that's a true basketball family he comes from. He looks like a really good coach, he also said and did all the right things.

Reaction Score
Slimeball.

Providence should invest in some young mid-major guy with a high ceiling. Not a washed up, recycled coach like Brey.
They're somehow well funded, so they can offer a great young mid-major coach plenty of money but I fear they're caught off guard by all of this and may settle for a retread.

Ed Cooley is a good coach but in all honesty he was already overpaid, now he's going to be a top 5 paid coach in the country which is pretty insane considering his resume.

Reaction Score
Uconn Twitter said according to their sources, it’s done and the NIL money is why
I thought Dauster said Georgetown wasn't good with NIL either, because their AD or President is high up in the NCAA and sticks to by the book rules.

Reaction Score
I had a lot of respect for Cooley and the way he carried himself, dating back to his Fairfield days. I don’t care about his respect for John Thompson blah blah blah. This guy is so full of crap. And the PeeCee fan base deserves every bit of the misery they feel from his middle finger to them and his home town.

Reaction Score
If he can get Primo to stay and bring Hopkins + Carter with him, Georgetown will be a tournament team. Murray & Heath are really solid players too. They just need a big man which they can find in the portal

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Now if they could get Billy Donovan to come home that would be something.

Lol on Donovan.

Colgate guy would be a good guy to call.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What was the beef between Cooley and the AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom