ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Hurley's liking for tall PG's? Are the days of Boatrights over? Gimme a quick, shifty, shot creating PG that's an absolute dog on defense.

I understand Boatrights dont grow on trees, but you get what I'm saying.
There's a lot more versatility defensively when you are starting a lineup with 6'4" or 6'5" guards. I don't think Hurley is against small guards (Cole was barely 6' and Diggins was like 6'1"), but Boatright had unbelievable athleticism and was also extremely good at basketball. And no disrespect to Cole because he was a great player, but Boat was that next level elite guard (and he should have gotten a fair shot at the NBA but that's an argument for a different day). For every 50 Cole's, there is 1 Boatright.

Reaction Score
There's a lot more versatility defensively when you are starting a lineup with 6'4" or 6'5" guards. I don't think Hurley is against small guards (Cole was barely 6' and Diggins was like 6'1"), but Boatright had unbelievable athleticism and was also extremely good at basketball. And no disrespect to Cole because he was a great player, but Boat was that next level elite guard (and he should have gotten a fair shot at the NBA but that's an argument for a different day). For every 50 Cole's, there is 1 Boatright.
100%. Boatright and Cole are similar in size, but not the same player. As you said, every 50 Cole's, there's 1 Boat. Boat's reverse layup at the rim was lethal.

Already forgot about Diggins lol, so maybe Hurley actually doesn't have a preference.

Reaction Score
Didn’t boat just win league mvp again?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
100%. Boatright and Cole are similar in size, but not the same player. As you said, every 50 Cole's, there's 1 Boat. Boat's reverse layup at the rim was lethal.

Already forgot about Diggins lol, so maybe Hurley actually doesn't have a preference.

UConn would successfully run back door alley oop dunks for Boat. Don't remember seeing them run too many of them for Cole.

Reaction Score
Everyone's talking about snow and cold now instead of our new CG?

Me and @upstater probably have people beat as far as cold and windy walks to class.

Edit: Don't bother arguing I'd rather talk recruiting - I see bitter cold and wind for 5 months a year.
Yep, it is consistently 25 degrees here for December through March, though this year we had quite a few 65 degree days. People always talk about the snow in Buffalo and yet it's never bad in the city or the north suburbs.

As for SUNY-Buffalo, with its hills and lack of trees, the place is awful for wind. Only thing worse is being on a soccer field like I'm about to be on a Saturday morning with 40 degree temps and stiff winds.

All the SUNYs were built in the 60s and 70s and they were very very poorly designed. Each one is worse than the next.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I had to do it again I would have gone south to school.
I thought the same thing, that’s why I lived in South campus.

#bestcampus

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
When I was a senior at UConn, my fiancee and I (no comments, got married after graduation - who does that?) went on the UConn ski club trip to Sugarloaf in January. It was 20 below with wind chill down to 40 below, that was cold.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And quick. Boatright went from 0 to 60 in a blink, yes as noted above, he was shifty too. And a tenacious defender who could take it to the hole or shoot it from deep. Definitely the whole package.

Reaction Score
We live in SW Florida and a cold spell here in January is a day time high of 75 and an overnight low of 55-60
It does get frosty there. Here on the east coast, things are a bit warmer. The alarm went off at 5:30a yesterday. It was 79° going up to a high of 92°.

Spring has sprung in South Florida! :)

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with big guards, but if teams press and get under you it could be trouble. If TN is the guy, and I hope he is, you better get some insurance and bring in a high level ball handler to back him up.

Reaction Score
Ot Snow % temp thread is needed.
Sidenote i lived in Erie Pa for 2 years.not cold but snowed 2 to 4 inches most days starting in August.... lake affects snow could be a thread also
Lived in Erie for a long time and never saw this haha. Was lucky if it snowed starting in November, but most of the time it started December and the Peak wouldn't open until a few days before Christmas.
Coldest is easily Wildcat in January on windholds; -27 at the base with 30mph winds. Worth it for the powder still

Reaction Score
I haven't seen or read a Hurley, Gaffney or Sool quote anywhere that told anyone what the conversation was about. So that would suggest that it is made up most likely to help justify someone's thoughts on the matter. Could it be possible or even likely, yes. Has it been proven as fact, not in this thread.
Speculation and innuendo are grist for the mill.

Keeps the posts coming and going.

Reaction Score
It does get frosty there. Here on the east coast, things are a bit warmer. The alarm went off at 5:30a yesterday. It was 79° going up to a high of 92°.

Spring has sprung in South Florida! :)

95 in Southern California yesterday. Was great to jump in the pool after work. Of all the things I miss about the Northeast the cold is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Good god I had windchills of -35 at the house this winter just like every other winter.

Now I do live in one of the windiest places in NY according to Shell Wind Energy that did all the surveys before the town put the axe on wind turbines.

Reaction Score
95 in Southern California yesterday. Was great to jump in the pool after work. Of all the things I miss about the Northeast the cold is not one of them.
Do you like watching sports so much earlier in the day? Aside from not having family/friends out there, I think that would be my biggest mental barrier to moving out west.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Boat could jump a foot and a half higher
I’m as big a Boat fan as you’ll find and agree about all the praise for him here; I’m somewhat surprised at how dismissive people are about RJ. No, he’s not Boat, but he did earn first team all BE last season and was without question the best scorer on the team. Of all the problems we had, he was not one of them.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Did Hurley really tell them that? Where did that come from?

I haven't seen or read a Hurley, Gaffney or Sool quote anywhere that told anyone what the conversation was about. So that would suggest that it is made up most likely to help justify someone's thoughts on the matter. Could it be possible or even likely, yes. Has it been proven as fact, not in this thread.

This was my question too - I didn't understand where the idea was coming from that Hurley told these guys there were no minutes. MAYBE what he said scared them off, but I haven't seen anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom