2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m basing it off of his offensive growth last year. I’m not saying he is going to dominate him on offense or shut him down defensively. I am just saying it will be nice to see him preform against a really talented player and think he will do well.
Mainly because they’ll have a hard time defending each other

Carlton could get some points due to Wiseman’s inexperience

Wiseman will get points because of his talent

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who wants to wait for Cliff?

Given that you have
Sometimes I feel like Fishy thinks of the board liking underachieving child.

“He had so much promise...I don’t know what happened.”

You’ve been here for ages, so you know.

It’s never been this dumb.

It was a prodigy and then it had to be revived after too much time under the water in a swimming accident or something.

And now it drools and eats applesauce through a straw 24/7.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think the argument could be made they’re
A bad matchup for eachother as they both play completely different games. Think Blair vs Thabeet
I personally don’t think Wiseman will have trouble matching up with Carlton at all he’s an extremely athletic 7’1 240, with a 7’7 wingspan. He’s been playing on team USA for the past 5 years, and 17u EYBL for the past 3 years he has a crap load of experience against top notch competition. On the other hand I think he’s a terrible matchup for josh with his length and mobility.

Last edited:

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
To be totally honest- I know we're way out in front with him, he loves the program and wants to come. He's a fantastic fit for the culture... my point is why fight it?

Carlton is still back next year. It's kind of a good spot for him coming off the bench. You could probably toss Akok out there to fill minutes in that position if you absolutely had to. He probably helps with Thomas - and you add Jackson, Thomas this kid to what we already have - and then you can REALLY, REALLY focus on a premium big next year and ONLY a premium big.

I just think he makes WAY too much sense to not just snap up and then pivot to Thomas.
Is the staff considering not taking/waiting on others or something?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m excited about Carlton as much as the next guy on here, but based on what evidence do you think Carlton will perform well against the projected #1 pick in the NBA draft?

Goodness.
Sellers vs. Shaq moment.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think the argument could be made they’re
A bad matchup for eachother as they both play completely different games. Think Blair vs Thabeet

Blair absolutely destroyed Thabeet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who knows how they will match up but freshmen, even the best ones with the most nba potential, usually have some bad games or foul trouble games.

Problem though is Wiseman's athleticism. And on O, he's gonna draw Carlton all over the place, when Carlton has to chase, it's a problem for him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anybody else just take a look to remind themselves what thread we are in?
Let’s get it back on track. Wiseman is a bad matchup for Wiseman. :cool:

Could use Cardwell this season. ;)

Reaction Score
Given that you have

It was a prodigy and then it had to be revived after too much time under the water in a swimming accident or something.

Our peak was the 2014 run and @tcf15 Senhor memes. Doubt we will ever approximate that, but it’s been bad because we’ve been bad

Reaction Score
Given that you have

There is a saying, an axiom if you will, in the rooms, NA or AA meetings, pick your poison, and it goes like this, 'take what you need, and leave the rest", because in any gathering of humanity like this, one is going to hear information that makes sense and is helpful, but also a whole lot of jibberjabber too.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There is a saying, an axiom if you will, in the rooms, NA or AA meetings, pick your poison, and it goes like this, 'take what you need, and leave the rest", because in any gathering of humanity like this, one is going to hear information that makes sense and is helpful, but also a whole lot of jibberjabber too.
Someone who is this profound and can’t link an article is what makes this place wonderful.

Reaction Score
Just gonna say love this guys game. Edmund by some great call take him in a second!!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
So glad i keep coming to this thread to look for actual news on the visit
We’ve gone from a :) to a ;). Tomorrow if things stay on track the beautiful day will be posted or dam destroyed or some similar code if it’s a done deal. Zion will be key. No Next is ok. A ;) and we celebrate.

There’s a great video of last seasons team at Oak Hill Academy posted above that shows the type of person Dylan is. Just a great way of knowing what he can bring to the team off the court.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just gonna say love this guys game. Edmund by some great call take him in a second!!!!
Edmund energy. Taller. Khalid like personality. Dylan is more than just insurance.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I can definitely see the passion of Edmund in Dylan but Saunders was a much better on ball defender.

1570309000242.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32