Durham transferring | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Football will be .500 next year. It's in better shape than basketball right now, and that is terrifying.

I think we vastly overestimate the memory of HS basketball players. It will not take much for UConn to become "yeah, they used to be good". We are almost there now. If we were in the old Big East, I wouldn't worry. We'd have enough cache, and big time opponents to bounce back easily. Now? Winning and a winning culture is all we have to differentiate ourselves and we are pissing it away. Demise of the program? If we are under .500 again and out of the tournament I think Ollie will struggle to recruit anyone at our usual level to come here. Fortunately, I think they may squeak by.

If people want to worry about anything, worry about what the SEC did in the men's and women's tournaments this year. It was damned impressive. Then look at Alabama...yes Bama, bringing in a top ten class next year.
A few years back the PAC wasn't even worthy of one team getting into the NCAA tournament. By your logic recruits seeing that performance and what those coaches achieved would have gone elsewhere. This season the PAC was very strong. Recruits look at a slew of things in making their decisions.

Miller was a good recruiter. He was involved in several players that were good.
Let's hope the combo of Killer and Chillious can get even better recruits. And let's hope for some little luck such as no injuries next season and finding a player who exceeds even the coaches expectations.

If not KO, rightfully or wrongly will be gone. Hopefully he has two years more to prove himself because even without kids transferring, the injuries to Alterique and Terry were going to delay next seasons development. Things got even harder this post season.

Reaction Score
So is there any kind of understanding on why this is happening? It's a mass exodus

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A few years back the PAC wasn't even worthy of one team getting into the NCAA tournament. By your logic recruits seeing that performance and what those coaches achieved would have gone elsewhere. This season the PAC was very strong. Recruits look at a slew of things in making their decisions.

But the PAC is also P5, with a lot more appealing locations than Storrs (LA/Zona/et al).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But the PAC is also P5, with a lot more appealing locations than Storrs (LA/Zona/et al).
Then how do you explain so that dismal season or so many teams in the P5 that are unsuccessful?

Conference is important. But not the only important factor by a long shot.

Reaction Score
I wonder what everyone was saying going into the 2001-02 season coming off a down year and the recruiting class of only Ben Gordon and Emeka Oakfor coming in.

Let's all wait till the end of the spring signing period before we jump off bridge about next season. Not sound like a Sixers fan but trust the process.

Reaction Score
People can bash KO all they want, hell they have some ammo. It's the one's who prance around holding it up in the air a little higher and with fireworks every time something else happened that make me laugh. Jump off the train, have no faith I have no issue. Just can't wait until they climb back, then we'll have some fun. I'm on this train until it stops and it may hit a wall but that's just me, I'm pretty sure UConn and KO will be back!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
He is under the impression UConn lives and dies with Ollie. It's his go-to when defending him, we can't do any better is what the main point is which is preposterous. Like the flow of good young coaches is suddenly non existent. Strange coming from someone who defends the program to belittle it by making one man bigger than the entire operation.
He's under that impression because if Ollie goes, so does he.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What?
He claims he has access to the program through Ollie. If Ollie goes, his access vanishes and he becomes another bum on the street.

Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie did ask him to leave.....Oz is the messenger....stop killing the messenger. If it was good news you'd be kissing Oz's freaking feet, but because its not great news everyone wants him to shut up now. The real question is if KO asked him to leave then why? Is someone coming in? Or is he really just cleaning house?

I HIGHLY doubt KO asked him to literally leave. You take a big gamble on a guy with 2 torn ACLs...at one point mention he has the potential to be an All-American...and then when the chips are down and at their lowest ask this same guy to leave???....Not to mention this would be the last thing incoming recruits would want to hear...."well we THOUGHT we would like your game BUT you really just don't fit our system, I think your best move would be to transfer..."

Reaction Score
This unravelling story of players decommitting/transferring leaves a lot of unanswered questions floating around.

At the end of the day I think it all comes back to Ollie waking up and realizing his job truly is on the line; this story reeks of desperation.

If he doesn't get his team to the tournament this upcoming season, it sure seems his career will go in a direction he hoped it wouldn't...

Reaction Score
Total bummer. The hits just keep on coming.

There were so many question marks in the front court for next year, even before the transfers. So that hasn't changed. I'm confident the staff will find some guys. With Adams, Vital, Larrier, and *knock wood* Gilbert, we have a really solid backcourt core. Now we just need some big dudes to step up. The opportunity is there for this to be a good team. Just need to find some tough, loyal, hard-working big guys to help us get the rest of the way there. Maybe we have a few of those in Carlton, Diarra, and Cobb? One can only hope at this point.

At least Enoch and Durham can both make good use of a year off.

Reaction Score
Also, with five open scholarships, I really would not mind seeing Terrance Samuel back in national flag blue for another year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Get ready for scrubs.

We've lost three top-40 type players in a week. We will replace them with exactly zero top-40 players.

That bill will come due in a big way over the next two seasons.

Reaction Score
This one is a shocker. Clearly people are in these kids ears telling them UConn will run all offense through their guards. Really liked this kid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Durham specific- Bit of a d-ck move bailing after program stayed with him through multiple ACL's. On the other hand que sera, sera. He's gone, don't wish him ill will. I don't think he makes a penny playing basketball for a career.

Program in general with regards to transfers- Individually or as a group, good riddance. Several times throughout the season I mentioned the players on court play and body language demonstrated being comfortable with losing. They played more like an AAU team than players with UConn on their chest. I'm fine starting from scratch. (Insert baby with bathwater analogy.)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is the kind of blood letting that will hurt the program for the next couple of years.
My only hope is that UConn can pull in a couple of solid fifth year players now and then get on board with some good 2018 recruits.

Unhappy Husky fan right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#