Dunn getting a raise from Randy’s pocket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dunn getting a raise from Randy’s pocket

Reaction Score
The idea that dropping football is not going to be on the table for the new president is absurd.

Keep in mind they took immediate cash out of the IMG deal - what did they wallpaper with that if Edsall is out of pocket to his assistants.

Not too tough to recruit against the school that is so screwed up the head coach is paying the assistants.

Everyone gets on me for killing them. I think it might be even bleaker than I suspect.

The stuff that looked so genius looks so stupid now. Joining Hockey East? NO BRAINER - until you have nowhere to play, a terrible team and the AD is so broke they can’t afford to have a spring game.

I don’t get this. It’s not like dropping the schools speech therapy program. This is absolutely $100s of million of Capital investment and a core program that feeds so much more in University. Comparable? Buffalo & Temple & Rutgers - within the last 20 years have confronted worse situations. And they’ve climbed out. So ... my take ... pissy curmudgeon fanboy out to anger a slice of this board with this BS. We get it. 1-11 ain’t pretty.

Reaction Score
Randy is coming to the end, I give him 2 more years

Welp...
>>There’s no coach-in-waiting language in Dunn’s contract but several sources say Edsall’s vision includes the following: coach a few more years, maybe three, get the program headed in the right direction and hand it over to Dunn.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
>>There’s no coach-in-waiting language in Dunn’s contract but several sources say Edsall’s vision includes the following: coach a few more years, maybe three, get the program headed in the right direction and hand it over to Dunn.<<

To that end, its time to see more Dunn out there on stage. Not a ton, just some.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This isn't the 1st time a coach has done this BUT this is a fantastic thing for the program that RE2 is doing it - it shows heart, commitment and dedication. The players need to see this and should be a great recruitment story - the state is in the toilet so our coach is stepping up to get/keep the guys he best feels will make a difference
My hat goes off to RE2
Classy move Coach
I also agree that it is a real sorry situation that the state and its mindless leadership has created this mess

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would be absolutely shocked if the Big East is any part of a "power" conference structure when (not if) there is a basketball split. Power conferences are power conferences because they generate absurd amounts of money (that they don't want to share). It has absolutely nothing to do with winning, national championships, rivalries, etc. They generate those absurd amounts of money by being, for the most part, large schools with large alumni/fanbases and being, also for the most part, the dominant brand inside their home markets. Not a single Big East school - not even Villanova or Georgetown - can definitively say that they are their home market's dominant brand.

Factor in the conference demographics that the Big East consists of: small, private schools with small alumni/fanbases and you realize that there is very little room for growth. And when there is very little room for growth, there is very little reason why the giant power conference schools would want to align (read: share money) with them. I know UConn fans will hate this, but the AAC is actually better positioned than the Big East for future earnings growth. When there is a hoops split, the AAC is a *MUCH* safer home for UConn.

The only way the Big East gains access to a power conference basketball system is if the power conference heavyweights value tradition and rivalries...which we have seen time and time again that they don't. Maybe a conference like the Big 10/SEC/ACC will add hoops-only members down the long-term road once the hoops split starts to take shape and, if they do, they'll look to UConn loooooooong before they look at any of the small Big East schools. Zero question about that.

But back to UConn continuing to be cheap at funding football: if at least half of Geno's salary, once he retires, isn't re-distributed to paying for top football coaches, I'll lose my head.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
His argument is perfectly solid.

The news today is beyond dire.

Saying it sucks is correct. Claiming that joining the NBE is a clear good decision is not correct. No one gives a rats ass about Georgetown or Villanova and we’re just gonna end up in a conference of fading relevancy and without a football program. It’s a resignation into nothingness.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
His argument is perfectly solid.

The news today is beyond dire.

And he fails to acknowledge the complexity of the issue, instead just suggesting that anyone who disagrees with him in any form is a moron. He seems to forget how he felt about Ollie until the 11th hour....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Saying it sucks is correct. Claiming that joining the NBE is a clear good decision is not correct. No one gives a rats ass about Georgetown or Villanova and we’re just gonna end up in a conference of fading relevancy and without a football program. It’s a resignation into nothingness.
Being the only non catholic school in the NBE would never work.

Reaction Score
And he fails to acknowledge the complexity of the issue, instead just suggesting that anyone who disagrees with him in any form is a moron. He seems to forget how he felt about Ollie until the 11th hour....
Is it one person or is it a manager account?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Being the only non catholic school in the NBE would never work.

And the only school that isn’t a small college. We don’t fit in that conference in any sense. There’s just no way those small schools are going to be able to compete with the $ flowing in to P5 programs over the long haul. They’re running on borrowed time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It could work. But football would have to be dead, dead
I respectfully disagree. Unless we really are ready to play small ball in every sport.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Unless we really are ready to play small ball in every sport.
Is there a viable alternative? Because the AAC isn't it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

His argument is 100% valid.

I’d wait and see if Hurley can save the basketball program - but where they are in untenable and at some point someone needs to make hard decisions.

The football program is as dead as dead can be. There is no way to compete in any FBS league with the classes they are bringing in.

Reaction Score
I love the AAC. Stockholm syndrome!
I really think the travel kills us. Hopefully Hurley can figure a way around that, but it's definitely taxing. For the wallet and for the team. It's not as big of a deal for football obviously

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom