Dumbest Fan 'Traditions' in Sports | The Boneyard

Dumbest Fan 'Traditions' in Sports

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the wave
especially when 75% of the fans decline to participate

Reaction Score
I will always hate na na na na hey hey hey goodbye once a game is "out of reach". Act like you've been there. Especially when they do it when their team is playing a lesser opponent. Drives me nuts

Reaction Score
Personally always thought the continued airball chants (where they keep going every time that player touches the ball again) are dumb, because half the time someone on the home team has thrown one up in the same game.

Reaction Score
It's 3:30. Tough night at the bar. One guy unloaded his full bladder on the floor. Nobody was drunk enough to do that accidentally. Another guy had to be told multiple times not to put his drink on the pool table. A woman didn't like the jukebox, so she started slamming her hand on the touch screen. A guy who was super-douchie with a sleeve tattoo and the shaved-sides pomp look bought a carry out 12 pack and then proceeded to open it up and start drinking them. When I told him that wasn't allowed, he did the predictably douchie thing and gave me a WTF look, like it was me who was being the clown.

So I fired up the BY and looked at the scant thread offerings. Two threads bitching about the NCAA and N.C., the recruit with no shirt and no build of which to speak, some crap that just won't flush, and this thread, which, to my tired eyes, appeared to be the best shot at something interesting.

Meh.

Reaction Score
It's 3:30. Tough night at the bar. One guy unloaded his full bladder on the floor. Nobody was drunk enough to do that accidentally. Another guy had to be told multiple times not to put his drink on the pool table. A woman didn't like the jukebox, so she started slamming her hand on the touch screen. A guy who was super-douchie with a sleeve tattoo and the shaved-sides pomp look bought a carry out 12 pack and then proceeded to open it up and start drinking them. When I told him that wasn't allowed, he did the predictably douchie thing and gave me a WTF look, like it was me who was being the clown.

So I fired up the BY and looked at the scant thread offerings. Two threads bitching about the NCAA and N.C., the recruit with no shirt and no build of which to speak, some crap that just won't flush, and this thread, which, to my tired eyes, appeared to be the best shot at something interesting.

Meh.

Like your style, MadDog.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Meh.

You carve up dead animals for fun, and you’re surprised the boneyard won’t hold your attention?

Reaction Score
Ohio St band dotting the i. Great band, fun atmosphere but why the focus on something my 4 year old can do?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
throwing garbage on the ice after the first goal.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The "I stand the entire game even though I am in the forth row and no one else in the entire section is standing and I'm going to get indignant when then people behind me who just want to watch the game ask me repeatedly to sit down" guy.

There, that oughta light a fire under this thread.

Reaction Score
I am torn on our own UConn tradition of standing until our first basket is made. I used to like it. Im in my 50s now and the last few years it could get tiring and i go to a lot of the men's games. And yes that includes the first 28 games or so of 2014.

Reaction Score
I am torn on our own UConn tradition of standing until our first basket is made. I used to like it. Im in my 50s now and the last few years it could get tiring and i go to a lot of the men's games. And yes that includes the first 28 games or so of 2014.

I hate this stupid tradition. It accomplishes absolutely nothing, isn’t fun and if anything provides a letdown after the first bucket. I refuse to take part in it.

Reaction Score
The 'Dome Ranger' in the Carrier Dome. Is he a relic yet? What a sham that was. Idiotic as it gets

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Worst, by far, the half hearted standing and clapping until a basket is made. Best part is when we aren't good and can't buy a bucket and people sit after a made free throw.

Best, by far, Big Red.

Reaction Score

Meh.

Now I understand why youre such a miserable codger all the time ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom