Dumbest Fan 'Traditions' in Sports | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dumbest Fan 'Traditions' in Sports

Reaction Score
View attachment 25477 View attachment 25477 Not a sports tradition, but something that drives me nuts. Women who wear sunglasses in the airport attempting to look like they're hiding from TMZ. Especially prevalent in Southern California. Waiting for my flight from Long Beach to Reno/Tahoe right now and this chick next to me is getting on my nerves.

Christ my mother-in-law wears sunglasses all day, everyday, regardless of if she's inside or outside. I try to ignore it, but it's admittedly difficult to do without say "WTF are you doing, we're in upstate NY it's 40 and sun hasn't peeked through the clouds in 40 days. I get that you may get more sun in Manhattan, but enough already."

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
That oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooo thing Cincy fans do. @kobe da fuq is that?

IT IS CRINGY (but to be fair, every sports chant is)

Down the Drive

(Call) Hey 'Cats! Where are we going?
(Answer) Down the Drive!

(Cadence Begins)

Hey Cats,
Let's go UC! (Oh baby)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
(clap, clap, clap, clap) UC!

Hey!
Yeah?
Hey Cats,
Let's go UC! (Oh baby)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
[Repeat x 3]

Let's go UC,
Go 'Cats!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IT IS CRINGY (but to be fair, every sports chant is)

Down the Drive

(Call) Hey 'Cats! Where are we going?
(Answer) Down the Drive!

(Cadence Begins)

Hey Cats,
Let's go UC! (Oh baby)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hey!
Yeah?
Hey Cats,
Let's go UC! (Oh baby)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
[Repeat x 3]

Let's go UC,
Go 'Cats!
Barf

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
View attachment 25477 View attachment 25477 Not a sports tradition, but something that drives me nuts. Women who wear sunglasses in the airport attempting to look like they're hiding from TMZ. Especially prevalent in Southern California. Waiting for my flight from Long Beach to Reno/Tahoe right now and this chick next to me is getting on my nerves.

I'll wear my shades at the airport to minimize random conversation starters . I often wear my headphones with the Jack not hooked in to any device. I stick it in my pocket. Perfect for ignoring stupid comments.

Reaction Score
I'll wear my shades at the airport to minimize random conversation starters . I often wear my headphones with the Jack not hooked in to any device. I stick it in my pocket. Perfect for ignoring stupid comments.

Travel enough and you start to find ways to give off a "I'm a total d![k so don't bother talking to me" vibe just so people leave you alone.

Reaction Score
The " I believe" chants from the USMNT.

The stunning loss to T and T stings, but at least fans from 31 other countries are spared from boring chants lacking in creativity.

Reaction Score
I hate this stupid tradition. It accomplishes absolutely nothing, isn’t fun and if anything provides a letdown after the first bucket. I refuse to take part in it.

Do you feel safe though when you do it?

Reaction Score
Larry David says “Only two types of people wear sunglasses indoors. The blind and a—holes”.

Reaction Score
Dude, that's Linday Lohan! Living life to it's fullest is going to leave some marks, but she's still relevant in the gossip circles.

Oh, and in response to the thread, I hate the silence for the free throws thing. Silence is actually louder than the regular drone of the crowd. If you want your shooter to be able to concentrate, everyone should just play white noise from their phone.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
LOL. Carve them up for food, farm raised, not from China, no AntiBs, no growth hormone, and so on, but you're right that I do enjoy it. Very satisfying to put 1 year's worth of Beef in the fridge in a day, cut any way I like. Just started experimenting with sous vide, which has been very nice so far.
BTW - two remaining steer are going to freezer camp in January, and a new one will be arriving in the Spring. But that new one will have a Buddy. It'll be the Boneyard Steer/Heifer. I'll post a thread when I get it for a public naming, and then we'll have to figure out a BY event when I can bring the cuts out. Only 2 requests from my end: I want to meet Fishy and Temery, and it's gotta be in CT or really close by. Not even BSing one bit.
Smartest "New" fan tradition in sports- eating some delicious Beef w/Mad Dog and other Yarders before AND after a UConn game. Maybe having a libation or two. Standing or sitting allowed. My worst tradition is at Chicago Bulls games when they play that *&^%ing song that goes "everybody clap your hands" I hate that song.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Shouting “and that’s another UConn 1st down” when UConn is down 3 scores in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Travel enough and you start to find ways to give off a "I'm a total d![k so don't bother talking to me" vibe. . .
Of course, one must use caution so one does not miss the convergence of "giving off a vibe of being" and "being."

Reaction Score
Whether I do or don't doesn't make it any less stupid.
Thats a great point. I remember back in the 90's everyone used to stand. Now it is like 50/50 and looks dumb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom