Duke launches investigation into possible player mistreatment | The Boneyard

Duke launches investigation into possible player mistreatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Oh my! This could be significant. If a player leaves because of wrong doing on part of the School NCAA can be petitioned to make harmed player "immediately eligible" vs. sitting out a year.
This is also happening 1.5 years after Mike Flynn predicted that it would happen.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The Duke administration began the investigation when they noticed subtle hints that the players may have been treated unfairly.

bus2.jpg
bus1.jpg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The fat lady is singing
I must admit; I don't care for that woman, never have.
Won't be sorry to see her go.
Duke must have known for years...the combination of zero results and people leaving,
finally makes it possible to out JPM
And probably there is an out clause for cause.
So duke won't have to shell out big bucks
The lawyers are probably at it now
Stay tuned.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Well, this is one way to avoid having to buy out a big contract when you want to get rid of a coach. One way or another, highly unlikely that JPM is back next season. Look for some kind of negotiated settlement.

Let's be honest... a coach that's winning big can get by with some of her crap.... but when you don't make the Tourney, players and coaches are leaving, recruiting is tanking, and the fans are on the warpath... not so much.

Reaction Score
They only have to go back and listen to some of the post game pressers after big losses to see the evidence ;)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Duke must have known for years...the combination of zero results and people leaving, finally makes it possible to out JPM
The lawyers are probably at it now

Well, this is one way to avoid having to buy out a big contract when you want to get rid of a coach.

They only have to go back and listen to some of the post game pressers after big losses to see the evidence ;)

So what all of you seem to be saying is that the Duke administration/athletic department is engaging in the practice of "lessons learned" with respect to McCallie? :D

I know it is a bad attempt at humor, but come on...many of you were thinking it!

Reaction Score
Think this issue was raised several years ago but can't remember the name of the player(s). Surprised it has taken this long to correct. Was Duke waiting to see if she could win something before bringing an investigation ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So what all of you seem to be saying is that the Duke administration/athletic department is engaging in the practice of "lessons learned" with respect to McCallie? :D

I know it is a bad attempt at humor, but come on...many of you were thinking it!
I was definitely thinking it. Also thinking that "negotiations" of a buyout were in progress and that launching an investigation created leverage for Duke.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Think this issue was raised several years ago but can't remember the name of the player(s). Surprised it has taken this long to correct. Was Duke waiting to see if she could win something before bringing an investigation ?
What issue? If you specific the issue we could probably help you with the player part.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you thinking of Sierra Calhoun?

Reaction Score
Paging Ms. Odom......

Odom is an ultra-athletic, versatile perimeter prospect who brings a dominating offensive attack to the rim. With off-the-charts potential, Odom is stellar in transition. Her perimeter game is on the rise, and when that merges with her game off the dribble, the Blue Devils have a star in the making.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paging Ms. Odom.

Odom is an ultra-athletic, versatile perimeter prospect who brings a dominating offensive attack to the rim. With off-the-charts potential, Odom is stellar in transition. Her perimeter game is on the rise, and when that merges with her game off the dribble, the Blue Devils have a star in the making.
I would vote no on Odom for UCONN. She 6'1" and everything you say but in Collier we already have that type of player & I would not want to gum up that position any further with Lexi and Megatron on their way- I hope.
Stevens is a different story, she's 6'5" all that & a bags of chips!

Reaction Score
I would vote no on Odom for UCONN. She 6'1" and everything you say but in Collier we already have that type of player & I would not want to gum up that position any further with Lexi and Megatron on their way- I hope.
Stevens is a different story, she's 6'5" all that & a bags of chips!

I get your point............I'm just being greedy................looking for anybody really good with a 6' + in front of it

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you thinking of Sierra Calhoun?
Coach JPM has much dirt and it could just as easily have been Kiana Holland who also "suddenly" left the program for OSU and then there was the very public tweet dustup with Coach JPM had with Joy cheek @OSU her former assistant on the day after Christmas featuring some classic best ( or is it worst of ) JPM:

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec It's amazing how some act as if they r bulletproof in the circle of life.Lacking integrity & acting solely to promote themselves.#AllBoutME

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec It's not about "getting there" in this profession. It's about how you choose to "get there". Inspire w/decency or act wo regard to ethics.

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec Loyalty is not a selective concept/When folks care, support, guide, provide opportunity, challenge, heal & grow u. Those actions speak.

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec So grateful for a special staff.Safe travels @CoachCandice @hernandojr! Excited to be on the road soon.Fun work to do. Fun folks make it go!

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec Selective hearing. Selective work ethic. Selective truth. Selective reasoning. Components of a die hard millenial. #GodHelpUs

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well, this is one way to avoid having to buy out a big contract when you want to get rid of a coach. One way or another, highly unlikely that JPM is back next season. Look for some kind of negotiated settlement.

Let's be honest... a coach that's winning big can get by with some of her crap.... but when you don't make the Tourney, players and coaches are leaving, recruiting is tanking, and the fans are on the warpath... not so much.
There is a big difference between an internal investigation finding player mistreatment and Duke actually having legal standing to terminate for cause in a way that would stand up in a law court - it might reduce the price of a buy-out, but chances are they would still be paying a sizable chunk of change if they chose to terminate.

Reaction Score
Coach JPM has much dirt and it could just as easily have been Kiana Holland who also "suddenly" left the program for OSU and then there was the very public tweet dustup with Coach JPM had with Joy cheek @OSU her former assistant on the day after Christmas featuring some classic best ( or is it worst of ) JPM:
And here I've been worrying that teenagers overuse that twitter accounts! How can she possibly put this stuff out publicly?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec It's amazing how some act as if they r bulletproof in the circle of life.Lacking integrity & acting solely to promote themselves.#AllBoutME

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec It's not about "getting there" in this profession. It's about how you choose to "get there". Inspire w/decency or act wo regard to ethics.

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec Loyalty is not a selective concept/When folks care, support, guide, provide opportunity, challenge, heal & grow u. Those actions speak.

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec So grateful for a special staff.Safe travels @CoachCandice @hernandojr! Excited to be on the road soon.Fun work to do. Fun folks make it go!

Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 26 Dec Selective hearing. Selective work ethic. Selective truth. Selective reasoning. Components of a die hard millenial. #GodHelpUs

That's interesting. What did Joy Cheek do to elicit these missives from JPM?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's interesting. What did Joy Cheek do to elicit these missives from JPM?
When Kiana Holland left Duke she had the audacity to contact Joy (her former Assistant coach) now at OSU to see if there was a place for her at OSU. Joy and I'm sure Kevin found a spot for Kiana at OSU ( Kiana is still at OSU). In order for Kiana to be eligible for 2nd semester she had to be enrolled by early January. They got all of this done around Christmas time prompting Coach JPM to start flipping out about loyalty, professionalism, circle of life ..... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom