Dorka injured | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dorka injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The reason we get detailed injury reports from pro athletes like the NFL and the NBA isn't directly related to their being pro - it's because there's legal gambling on those games and the leagues don't want some people being able to make money off that through having better info about injuries. Their solution is to make sure everyone know so no one has info to base a bet on. There's no similar policy at the college level.
There is legal betting on WCBB and MCBB as well just not nearly the same level of interest/scrutiny. Because there is legal gambling injuries are publicly disclosed and was in the case with Dorka. @Monte to your point of UCONN fans wanting to know when players will return- the staff simply does not know. The staff gives us their best estimate and time frame for return but for some that does not seem to be enough. The public statement was, "Juhász is listed as day-to-day for the upcoming week" . That should be enough for even the most degenerate gambler to cast a bet.

Reaction Score
There is legal betting on WCBB and MCBB as well just not nearly the same level of interest/scrutiny. Because there is legal gambling injuries are publicly disclosed and was in the case with Dorka. @Monte to your point of UCONN fans wanting to know when players will return- the staff simply does not know. The staff gives us their best estimate and time frame for return but for some that does not seem to be enough. The public statement was, "Juhász is listed as day-to-day for the upcoming week" . That should be enough for even the most degenerate gambler to cast a bet.

Just because there is legal gambling, no school is required to disclose injury info. I know of a number of cases where schools did not disclose any injury. I also know of cases where schools have listed players in their prospective starting lineup who they knew were not even going to suit up.

Reaction Score
This is so ridiculous! She has a foot injury that requires a boot and her status will be day-to-day. What else is necessary to know? Why does it matter when, where and how? She's out of action until further notice!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is so ridiculous! She has a foot injury that requires a boot and her status will be day-to-day. What else is necessary to know? Why does it matter when, where and how? She's out of action until further notice!
Because this is the BY and it's what we do. :):eek::rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just because there is legal gambling, no school is required to disclose injury info. I know of a number of cases where schools did not disclose any injury. I also know of cases where schools have listed players in their prospective starting lineup who they knew were not even going to suit up.
I never stated there was a "requirement" for accurate information to be disclosed by the schools. What I stated was injuries are publicly disclosed and was specifically in the case of Dorka. Publicly disclosed information impacts point spreads and betting odds. Since there is no requirement for accurate full disclosure from that coach you know about there is no issue. Now if that same coach (or someone that knew the correct information) were to place a bet based on knowing that non-publically information that would be a violation. Public disclosure of the information is a good practice not a requirement for now but...

Big Ten athletic directors are asking the NCAA to make injury reports a requirement for everybody. The Big Ten’s rationale is that, now that the Supreme Court has allowed states to legalize sports betting, injury reports are important to maintaining the integrity of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom