Dorka injured | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dorka injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Has anyone from the Huskies confirmed that Dorka's injury is in fact this?

Reaction Score
Curious here. If this is a known or proven issue with these shoes, why haven't any of the shoemakers been sued?
I'm no attorney but I think the burden of proving that the proximate cause of injury is directly related to the shoe, and nothing else., is considerably steep...

Reaction Score
Because they generate a lot of revenue for their school, the UConn women's basketball team is, at the least, semi-pro. That's what NIL is about. Related injuries to athletes, to whom you're [indirectly] paying good money, deserves a modicum of transparency, eh?
A " UCONN Spokesman" made an announcement/statement.

Foot injury...and she is day to day. See post #64

That's what they know. That should be sufficient.

SMH

Reaction Score
I would expect several players to sit for a game or 2 once Bueckers gets back. Westbrook has been playing long minutes and her knee could use a break. I'd guess that Juhasz's injury didn't just appear at DePaul and has been with her for longer. Nagging injuries become a fact of life this time of year.
not sure about that...............bench rest isn't part of Geno's vocabulary.........;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Because they generate a lot of revenue for their school, the UConn women's basketball team is, at the least, semi-pro. That's what NIL is about. Related injuries to athletes, to whom you're [indirectly] paying good money, deserves a modicum of transparency, eh?
Do you get paid by your employer? Does that give them the right to discuss your personal business?

Reaction Score
Do you get paid by your employer? Does that give them the right to discuss your pers
Concur @HuskyNan

Previous post uses a very big stretch of the definition of "Semi-pro".

The only "compensation" players get from the University is their scholarship....just like an academic scholarship for an engineering (or other specialty) student... and no one would call them "Semi-pro Engineers." Nor would we expect to receive information on their personal business/illnesses/injuries.
UCONN has no involvement in NIL deals... especially when it comes to compensation of the FEW athletes that actually benefit.

There should be no expectation for the personal information/business of a particular Student and/or Student Athlete to be shared with the public. BUT, UCONN DID PUT OUT A STATEMENT... a UCONN Spokesperson stated that Dorka has a foot injury and her status is day-to-day. That is pretty specific and concise. It shares what they know now...i.e. foot injury, and that she could be back soon...or not ... i.e. day-to-day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I doubt if Dorks plays for a while. It may even not be this year but hopefully we get her back before March.

Reaction Score
Do you get paid by your employer? Does that give them the right to discuss your personal business?
If your medical situation affects what you do for your employer, I would say, "yes" .. a slippery slope, fore sure, eh?

Reaction Score
not sure about that...............bench rest isn't part of Geno's vocabulary.........;)
UConn has games 2/2, 2/4, 2/6, 2/9, 2/11, 2/13. I'd say that the bench will play. But then with a schedule like that there isn't time for practice so maybe the players are looking forward to it as a break. :)

Reaction Score
UConn has games 2/2, 2/4, 2/6, 2/9, 2/11, 2/13. I'd say that the bench will play. But then with a schedule like that there isn't time for practice so maybe the players are looking forward to it as a break. :)
Geno's past actions lead me to believe that non injured starters play for three and a half quarters even against the Little Sisters of the Poor........:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If your medical situation affects what you do for your employer, I would say, "yes" .. a slippery slope, fore sure, eh?
No, it’s not. If, for example, you suffer emotional issues, say going through a divorce or loss of a loved one, and need to cut back on your hours do I announce to the company “He’s taking Valium and resting because he‘s really stressed right now. He may not be available at times during the day”? As someone who’s managed a Human Resources department, I can tell you that I just opened the company up to a lawsuit. It would be the same if you broke your leg, fell on the ice, or had a heart attack. All I can do is say “He’s on medical leave and is expected back in 2 weeks”.

But legalities aside - it’s none of our business. The players aren’t semi-pros, they’re college students that play basketball. Yes, they have scholarships but they are at UConn to learn, learn academics and learn how to play basketball. My son got an academic scholarship to WPI - did that make him a professional engineer in college?

I knew UConn has core of entitled fans but you guys take the cake.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Do we need to make a sacrifice to appease the basketball gods?
Are we making a list? I have a few people on here I would nominate.

200w.gif

Reaction Score
No, it’s not. If, for example, you suffer emotional issues, say going through a divorce or loss of a loved one, and need to cut back on your hours do I announce to the company “He’s taking Valium and resting because he‘s really stressed right now. He may not be available at times during the day”? As someone who’s managed a Human Resources department, I can tell you that I just opened the company up to a lawsuit. It would be the same if you broke your leg, fell on the ice, or had a heart attack. All I can do is say “He’s on medical leave and is expected back in 2 weeks”.

But legalities aside - it’s none of our business. The players aren’t semi-pros, they’re college students that play basketball. Yes, they have scholarships but they are at UConn to learn, learn academics and learn how to play basketball. My son got an academic scholarship to WPI - did that make him a professional engineer in college?

I knew UConn has core of entitled fans but you guys take the cake.
ABSOLUTELY @HuskyNan. This is private info we are NOT "entitled" to receive. If the Team or individual choose to share, that's their call.

SMH

Reaction Score
The more apt analogy would be that of an employer-employee relationship. A company may not be legally bound to withhold medical info by HIPAA but it isn't obligated to release it all either. The employee's direct supervisor may need to know more about the situation ("Plan on your assistant not coming back for a while, if ever; he/she has a terminal illness.") but the company shareholders aren't entitled to a mass emailing that so-and-so in Accounting is gonna be dead in six weeks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The more apt analogy would be that of an employer-employee relationship. A company may not be legally bound to withhold medical info by HIPAA but it isn't obligated to release it all either. The employee's direct supervisor may need to know more about the situation ("Plan on your assistant not coming back for a while, if ever;he/she has a terminal illness.") but the company shareholders aren't entitled to a mass emailing that so-and-so in Accounting is gonna be dead in six weeks.
No need for a supervisor to know why, only HR needs this information. If the illness is terminal, then HR and the supervisor would have the responsibility of deciding if a temp worker is needed.

I know when I suddenly became very ill and ended up in a hospital for a long time, no one that I worked with knew where I was or what had happened until I gave HR the ok to tell them where I was. I told my coworkers why when some of them visited.

Reaction Score
This schedule is ridiculous. The Big East needs to find a way to either reduce the number of conference games the way the AAC eventually did, or find a way to spread them out more evenly throughout the entire season.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I think most UCONN fans do not want to be "amateur lawyers," and debate about the details of a player's injury.........although, they DO want to know when that particular player will be on the court again.

Reaction Score
The reason we get detailed injury reports from pro athletes like the NFL and the NBA isn't directly related to their being pro - it's because there's legal gambling on those games and the leagues don't want some people being able to make money off that through having better info about injuries. Their solution is to make sure everyone know so no one has info to base a bet on. There's no similar policy at the college level.

Reaction Score
This debate is teasing the boundaries of buffoonery. A player gets hurt. The coach tells us it’s a foot or knee or whatever. He tells us if surgery is needed. He tells us a best guess time of return if he knows. “day to day” —“ 2 months”. Etc. he provides updates…” she in the Gym” “ she’s practicing with the team” what exactly is the additional information some people want.. was it a Caesarean or natural birth? Did she have the Measles?

When people want more information but have no idea what they would do with it when they got it, they should be asking questions about their own health status…..not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom