Dorka injured | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bummed that Dorka didn't play today. Hope that it isn't anything too serious. Get a few days of rest and hopefully we can get her back on the court.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
I’m putting prayers up for this team to get and stay healthy.
tired oh no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
Did i hear it was a stress fracture? That doesn't sound like a 1 week deal.

Reaction Score
Did i hear it was a stress fracture? That doesn't sound like a 1 week deal.
Geno never said what the injury is other than something with her foot. One of the press called it a stress reaction which was the same thing Azzi had, but I don't think Geno ever said that.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Is this Karma? Didn't I see a BY thread something to the effect about UCONN needing another big?
(partly tongue in cheek) - gotta be the shoes. In all seriousness, the race to make athletic footwear lighter may have brought other issues to the surface. I haven't played soccer in 15 years, and my last pair of cleats were a leather upper with a fairly hard sole, and I just saw adidas boots that were slip on. Slip on! For hoop shoes, they are all spun, woven, injected, laminated, (fill in any word here), and you wonder if the materials can support the myriad of motions and pounding that hoop requires.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
(partly tongue in cheek) - gotta be the shoes. In all seriousness, the race to make athletic footwear lighter may have brought other issues to the surface. I haven't played soccer in 15 years, and my last pair of cleats were a leather upper with a fairly hard sole, and I just saw adidas boots that were slip on. Slip on! For hoop shoes, they are all spun, woven, injected, laminated, (fill in any word here), and you wonder if the materials can support the myriad of motions and pounding that hoop requires.
To this day I still believe Nike Shox were partially responsible for my daughter's injury when she was in HS. It was the team sneaker so we went along with it. Before the end of the season we had 2 other teammates go down with knee injuries. We didn't make the connection until Vince Carter who had endorsed the shoe also wend down with and injury and complained.

Reaction Score
IMHO Uconn has exhibited a level of secrecy about the injury status of players that goes far beyond any HIPPA requirements, which by the way was an extreme overregulation to a real but minor problem.
Without violating HIPPA, UConn could simply say, if they know, player X will likely miss 1 week or 2 weeks etc depending on healing time. They even could add descriptive word such as “significant” or “minor” etc. these would give more info and still be okay.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know, Amari "isn't ready" and neither, I suppose is Piath.
If we put them in a close game to give Liv & Dorka a break, or if someone has foul issues, we run the risk of them making mistakes, getting beat by more experienced players, and otherwise screwing up. Could cost us a win in a tight game.
However....
Liv, whatever her shortcomings have been over the years, has shown herself to be durable, and she plays hard.
Aside from Paige, if we have any expectations of making a serious effort come March, we really need Liv to be at her best.
If she wears down now, the situation could get much worse.
Hopefully, Dorka will be healthy and back very soon.
Hopefully, AE has had the long looked for epiphany and remembers what made her such an asset last season.
Caroline Ducharme has the height and gumption to play like a big.
But, it might be prudent to sharpen every arrow and have them handy for use.
Piath has shown that she can be aggressive under the basket, rebound, and actually get a layup to go in.
Amari, her outside shooting aside, seems to have some quickness, good hands, runs the floor well and can turn a rebound into transition offense.
They are both a bit raw and will show their inexperience under pressure.
Neither of them played any minutes in some of the more embarrassing UCONN showings. Mistakes were made, turnovers committed, and some lackluster performances were displayed by the "A" team.
Geno is the boss, has been to the rodeo before, and wants to put the best team on the floor to give the team the best chance of success.
I get that.
Don't want to do a head job on the 2 young ladies by putting them in over their heads.
But, just maybe, giving them some chances to contribute and actually help us WIN a game or two, would not only help their confidence and self-esteem, but would go a long way toward restoring some of the team spirit that seemed to leak out after Paige went down.
Maybe the glass is half full.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Without violating HIPPA, UConn could simply say, if they know, player X will likely miss 1 week or 2 weeks etc depending on healing time. They even could add descriptive word such as “significant” or “minor” etc. these would give more info and still be okay.
Seems to me that they don't know considering healing time is dependent on the individual. I don't understand why people can't accept that this is none of our business. When your co-worker comes in on crutches do you also press him or her for these details?

Reaction Score

I have to believe everyone has their ankles taped for every game. I would surprised if they did not.

Reaction Score
WIthout Dorka IMO the timing is lost: for passes, and
then there is the rebounds, scoring, and excellent screens.
This type of coordination takes time! ONO holds down
the "inside" of our defense, but Dorka is the main 6' 5"
player to be with ONO or when Olivia is out. They have
different talents, but such complementary talents. This
is a temporary setback? Could be a rough game with
Tennessee and , maybe, the repeat with DePaul. Z

Reaction Score
If we had a deep bench wouldn't that likely reduce the number of injuries to the starters, since it would reduce their time on the court?

Reaction Score
I have watched many teams through the years and UConn leads in having foot related injuries. Never could even anecdotally come up with a reason why.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
IMHO Uconn has exhibited a level of secrecy about the injury status of players that goes far beyond any HIPPA requirements, which by the way was an extreme overregulation to a real but minor problem.
The Huskies are a collection of college players, not pros. Accepting a scholarship doesn’t mean giving up their right to privacy. Just because fans want to know about their private lives doesn’t make it our business.

Would you be OK with your employer or insurance company releasing details of your injuries or illnesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom