Dorka injured | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dorka injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
The Huskies are a collection of college players, not pros. Accepting a scholarship doesn’t mean giving up their right to privacy. Just because fans want to know about their private lives doesn’t make it our business.

Would you be OK with your employer or insurance company releasing details of your injuries or illnesses?
I think that it's strategic, & about not tipping off their opponents about the weaknesses of an individual player.
For instance, if it was confirmed that Dorka tweaked her ankle, then when she returns it might be exploited for a game or two, to see if she's back at 100% or to try to cause her to re-injure it.
But by not specifying much about it, then the opponents aren't sure if she stubbed her toe, has an infected cut on the bottom of her foot or a plantar wart.
Then UConn is not waving a red flag for the next opponent to put additional game stress on her ankle when she returns.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we cursed? Do we need to make a sacrifice to appease the basketball gods?
I posted my theory before…

1643661462494.jpeg

Reaction Score
The Huskies are a collection of college players, not pros. Accepting a scholarship doesn’t mean giving up their right to privacy. Just because fans want to know about their private lives doesn’t make it our business.

Would you be OK with your employer or insurance company releasing details of your injuries or illnesses?
I have never wanted personal information about the players. The games are broadcast and played in public. A lot of people get charged to see the games. Simple " ankle injury anticipated return tba" would suffice. Not really worth arguing over. Sorry.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If we had a deep bench wouldn't that likely reduce the number of injuries to the starters, since it would reduce their time on the court?
With the exception of Paige, what other players have missed time due to a game injury, an injury they left the game for(caveat: it was said that Dorka was injured in the DePaul game, but I have seen no confirmation of that...).

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
With the exception of Paige, what other players have missed time due to a game injury, an injury they left the game for(caveat: it was said that Dorka was injured in the DePaul game, but I have seen no confirmation of that...).
That isn't exactly what Geno said in his postgame remarks. He said that it was clear after the DePaul game that Dorka would need some time away from the court. Apparently they weren't sure whether the three days between the DePaul and Providence games would be sufficient. It turned out that it wasn't, so Dorka was sidelined against Providence. Understandably, he doesn't know how much more time will be needed.

I'd rather be optimistic and guess that she will return for "limited minutes" on Friday, and be ready to roll on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know, Amari "isn't ready" and neither, I suppose is Piath.
If we put them in a close game to give Liv & Dorka a break, or if someone has foul issues, we run the risk of them making mistakes, getting beat by more experienced players, and otherwise screwing up. Could cost us a win in a tight game.
However....
Liv, whatever her shortcomings have been over the years, has shown herself to be durable, and she plays hard.
Aside from Paige, if we have any expectations of making a serious effort come March, we really need Liv to be at her best.
If she wears down now, the situation could get much worse.
Hopefully, Dorka will be healthy and back very soon.
Hopefully, AE has had the long looked for epiphany and remembers what made her such an asset last season.
Caroline Ducharme has the height and gumption to play like a big.
But, it might be prudent to sharpen every arrow and have them handy for use.
Piath has shown that she can be aggressive under the basket, rebound, and actually get a layup to go in.
Amari, her outside shooting aside, seems to have some quickness, good hands, runs the floor well and can turn a rebound into transition offense.
They are both a bit raw and will show their inexperience under pressure.
Neither of them played any minutes in some of the more embarrassing UCONN showings. Mistakes were made, turnovers committed, and some lackluster performances were displayed by the "A" team.
Geno is the boss, has been to the rodeo before, and wants to put the best team on the floor to give the team the best chance of success.
I get that.
Don't want to do a head job on the 2 young ladies by putting them in over their heads.
But, just maybe, giving them some chances to contribute and actually help us WIN a game or two, would not only help their confidence and self-esteem, but would go a long way toward restoring some of the team spirit that seemed to leak out after Paige went down.
Maybe the glass is half full.
Why not give some of the minutes to Evina at the PF? We went to FF last year with her as the PF. She needs to play better and she is actually helping UCONN and has helped UCONN win games. SO now we have 4 players - Liv, Dorka, AE, and Evina and you can possibly throw in Ducharme when Paige comes back. Five player's isn't enough?

Why risk not playing her and losing with a lesser player?

UCONN made the FF last year.

That's not fair to the team.

Reaction Score
I would expect several players to sit for a game or 2 once Bueckers gets back. Westbrook has been playing long minutes and her knee could use a break. I'd guess that Juhasz's injury didn't just appear at DePaul and has been with her for longer. Nagging injuries become a fact of life this time of year.

Reaction Score
Why do they have to say anything?
Most people would want to know if a key player’s injury is short-time or whether perhaps they will be out for the season. When Paige got injured, you mean you’d rather not know if she might still be able to play this season?

Reaction Score
Agreed. These kids spend many more hours and take a lot more pounding in practice. How many times have the kids said practice is tougher than the games?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Agreed. These kids spend many more hours and take a lot more pounding in practice. How many times have the kids said practice is tougher than the games?
I agree with this although the stats-based approach needs to consider the variable minutes played per foot and not the fixed minutes available in a game... Makes sense though that practice is where the wear accumulates.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have never wanted personal information about the players. The games are broadcast and played in public. A lot of people get charged to see the games. Simple " ankle injury anticipated return tba" would suffice. Not really worth arguing over. Sorry.
They why are you not satisfied by the statement?

" A UConn spokesperson confirmed Juhász is listed as day-to-day for the upcoming week." Juhász was shown on the sideline during the game with a boot on her right foot."

Reaction Score
They why are you not satisfied by the statement?

" A UConn spokesperson confirmed Juhász is listed as day-to-day for the upcoming week." Juhász was shown on the sideline during the game with a boot on her right foot."

I'm not. Are you that desperate for an argument?

Reaction Score
Not as upset with Dorka's injury as others. She has made a positive impact this year and will be missed. On the other side, a lot of her playing time has been by her making less mistakes than the other bigs and we have experienced subs. We will need a very physical presence in the playoffs - not necessarily Dorka's forte. Having a rested Dorka and a more diverse team for the NCAA's not all bad.

Reaction Score
To this day I still believe Nike Shox were partially responsible for my daughter's injury when she was in HS. It was the team sneaker so we went along with it. Before the end of the season we had 2 other teammates go down with knee injuries. We didn't make the connection until Vince Carter who had endorsed the shoe also wend down with and injury and complained.
I share that concern about Nike Shox, Coco, IMO it's the elevated heel of the shoe that prevents sufficient weight and impact distribution; a lot of people who know more than me about these things say that the shoe is biomechanically unsound and leads to knee and back complications... My niece had several players on her HS team who used Shox as their team shoe have knee problems...

Reaction Score
Start Ono. We need to get off the right foot in this game. Edwards struggles to score and is prone to turnovers.
[/QUOTE
ONO is already a starter unless there is 2 of her. AE don’t get the ball enough to struggle to score and everyone on the team struggle to score except CD.

Reaction Score

Because they generate a lot of revenue for their school, the UConn women's basketball team is, at the least, semi-pro. That's what NIL is about. Related injuries to athletes, to whom you're [indirectly] paying good money, deserves a modicum of transparency, eh?

Reaction Score
Because they generate a lot of revenue for their school, the UConn women's basketball team is, at the least, semi-pro. That's what NIL is about. Related injuries to athletes, to whom you're [indirectly] paying good money, deserves a modicum of transparency, eh?
What are you going to do with the information…. bet on the other team? I can wait till game time to see who plays and who’s in a boot. Which leads me to wonder why no one on this team has an NIL with a boot and crutch company.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I share that concern about Nike Shox, Coco, IMO it's the elevated heel of the shoe that prevents sufficient weight and impact distribution; a lot of people who know more than me about these things say that the shoe is biomechanically unsound and leads to knee and back complications... My niece had several players on her HS team who used Shox as their team shoe have knee problems...
Curious here. If this is a known or proven issue with these shoes, why haven't any of the shoemakers been sued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom