2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you don't think public schools in Ct don't recruit you're either blind or stupid. When I was in Hs in the mid 2000's we bussed kids in from the a city near our town and we also took kids from nyc.

Reaction Score
It was Stamford Catholic when Rash arrived in 1991, and it was Trinity Catholic by the time he graduated in 1995. In my lifetime, only Stamford High’s Ernie Cobb (of BC point shaving scandal fame) was a better high school player in this city.
Keith Bennett was pretty good, was drafted by the NETS back in the 70’s I believe.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Success Adjustment A non-boundaried school that has won two trophies in the same class over the past four school terms, and at least one trophy in the past two school terms, is subject to the success adjustment
This is what Illinois did to attempt to level the playing field. Illinois has 8 divisions for football and about 10 years ago the Catholic/Christian/Private schools won 7 of the divisions. The success adjustment has helped level the playoffs dramatically. The Catholic school in my town has an excellent football program. By attendance (350 kids) they are a 2A school in football but because of their success they are in 5A for the playoffs. It's not as big a deal in basketball in Illinois because there are plenty of excellent public school programs but it works well in all sports for boys and girls. You still get some moaning from the privates but this system is fairer.

Reaction Score
If you don't think public schools in Ct don't recruit you're either blind or stupid. When I was in Hs in the mid 2000's we bussed kids in from the a city near our town and we also took kids from nyc.
I know I did not recruit and I am not blind, so you are calling me stupid?

Reaction Score
It was Stamford Catholic when Rash arrived in 1991, and it was Trinity Catholic by the time he graduated in 1995. In my lifetime, only Stamford High’s Ernie Cobb (of BC point shaving scandal fame) was a better high school player in this city.
Not true! Several players better than Rash. I'm from Stamford.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
My high school definitely recruited...for the Vocational Agriculture program. And yes our basketball team was and probably still is trash.

Reaction Score
Not true! Several players better than Rash. I'm from Stamford.
You need to work on your refutation skills because your response doesn’t cut it. Here’s why: Rash was a four year starter, 3x first-team all-state selection and led TC to 2 FCIAC titles. He was named both the Gatorade State Player of the Year and top player in New England as a senior in 1995, when he averaged 27/10/5/3. If I’m not mistaken, his 2,301 career points still rank him 1st in Stamford boys basketball history, and fifth-most ever in the state of Connecticut. FACTS. To quote the legend.. “Get some facts and come back and see me.... get some facts and come back and see me!”

Reaction Score
Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
50% of the CIACs top teams are private schools. But don't worry guys, someone on the boneyard it's totally fair, so they must just have some really great homegrown talent.
"Bristol Central junior center Donovan Clingan finished with 101 points and 79 rebounds in the three tournament games"

Wow...

Reaction Score
Success Adjustment A non-boundaried school that has won two trophies in the same class over the past four school terms, and at least one trophy in the past two school terms, is subject to the success adjustment
This is what Illinois did to attempt to level the playing field. Illinois has 8 divisions for football and about 10 years ago the Catholic/Christian/Private schools won 7 of the divisions. The success adjustment has helped level the playoffs dramatically. The Catholic school in my town has an excellent football program. By attendance (350 kids) they are a 2A school in football but because of their success they are in 5A for the playoffs. It's not as big a deal in basketball in Illinois because there are plenty of excellent public school programs but it works well in all sports for boys and girls. You still get some moaning from the privates but this system is fairer.
Something like this exists in CT. It’s why east catholic plays in LL despite being a small school and why even Weaver was playing in LL a few years back despite having like 40 kids in the school lol

Reaction Score
You need to work on your refutation skills because your response doesn’t cut it. Here’s why: Rash was a four year starter, 3x first-team all-state selection and led TC to 2 FCIAC titles. He was named both the Gatorade State Player of the Year and top player in New England as a senior in 1995, when he averaged 27/10/5/3. If I’m not mistaken, his 2,301 career points still rank him 1st in Stamford boys basketball history, and fifth-most ever in the state of Connecticut. FACTS. To quote the legend.. “Get some facts and come back and see me.... get some facts and come back and see me!”
I'm not trying to make this a disrespectful conversation. If you want to say the most accomplished High school player, I will give you that. I am not going to throw-out several names but John Smyth (Princeton), Paxton Cobb (Weber St.), Al Skinner (UConn), Cliff Stevens (Wichita ST.) Ernie Cobb (Boston College) might have a good case for being the better a overall player.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to make this a disrespectful conversation. If you want to say the most accomplished High school player, I will give you that. I am not going to throw-out several names but John Smyth (Princeton), Paxton Cobb (Weber St.), Al Skinner (UConn), Cliff Stevens (Wichita ST.) Ernie Cobb (Boston College) might have a good case for being the better a overall player.
Agree to disagree on all of the above, except for Ernie Cobb, who I mentioned in my original post.

Reaction Score

Al Skinner who played with UMass and the Nets? Not UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom