Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess Andre Jackson doesnt love his family, b/c according to the dumbest collection of people online, the hometown school “usually wins”, and Clingan “chose his family, he didn't choose us”.

also, apparently “half of our titles were gift wrapped to us”.(seriously someone said this).

And to close, my favorite. In response to someone pointing out we have 4 titles:

“We are ahead on a number of other measures of success. One clings to the things that most puts us in a good light.”

HAHAHAHAHAH
My favorite one was the person who said Hurley has no idea how to assemble a coherent basketball team. I think we’ve had better recruits/recruiting classes than them for the past few years now. Delusional.

Reaction Score
I'm just being honest here. I hope Danny can coach him up and put him through serious strength & conditioning, but he's 7'1 playing in LL. Yeah he's going to be POY. There's no other center above 6'8 at the most. Jordan Williams who went to University of Maryland back in 2010 or so has a much better post game and better film playing in the same league bringing Torrington to the state finals. I repeat TORRINGTON. If you are a D1 prospect that's a certain height playing in LL there's almost no excuse to not go to state's tbh.

But I don't know. Andre was also terrible when he was at Capital Prep his early years when he was highly ranked. But he went through a MAJOR body transformation before actually arriving to campus. I would love to see Donovan go prep to actually play against the proper competition and receive proper training because making the jump to D1 is going to be a huge shock otherwise.
Jordan Williams and Clingan didn't play in the same league. What point are you even trying to make bringing Jordan Williams up? You talk about how the jump from CT. high school basketball to college basketball is going to be too much for Clingan and you bring up a kid who averaged 10 pts. 9 rebs. as a freshman and first team All-ACC as a sophomore as your example.

You're doing really poorly in this thread, maybe take a break.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not just that we are consistently bringing in top guys now, we're bringing in guys as part of a plan. We're not overloaded with any one position, we have depth and balance. I don't care what team you root for, college or pro, it's so much more fun when the people in charge know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
C’mon. BC alum Bruce Kuczenski was the man.
I remember a game at the "Civic Center" back in the dark days of the early 80's when we were a 20 point or so dog to Syracuse and started to come back late and the crowd really got into it. Bruce K was key, had a great game and we won.
The best part, almost, were two guys in front of us who had bet Syracuse to win and when we got within striking distance they basically said, let's go UConn.

Reaction Score
247 has to be working overtime fact checking and doing their due diligence before adding this announcement to its headlines. Here's their front page this morning at 9:40:
Rivals has us at 7th overall after adding Clingan

1625323925194.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess Andre Jackson doesnt love his family, b/c according to the dumbest collection of people online, Clingan “chose his family, he didn't choose us”.

also, apparently “half of our titles were gift wrapped to us”.(seriously someone said this).

And to close, my favorite. In response to someone pointing out we have 4 titles:

“We are ahead on a number of other measures of success. One clings to the things that most puts us in a good light.”

HAHAHAHAHAH
My favorite is UConn hasn’t done anything in 20 years.

shocked wait what GIF by Shalita Grant

Reaction Score
People like @3rdbass and @HuskyWarrior611 i think are missing out on a few basic facts. You can’t teach size and the kid will be one of the bigger players in college basketball the day he steps on campus, and he might not even be done growing yet. Second his skill development is still practically in its infancy for a kid so big. He apparently is a very coachable kid and a hard worker so he should show lots of improvement before and after he steps on campus. Sure a similarly rated wing or guard might look much better at this stage of the game and you would be more impressed with their highlights but that’s a bit of a shortsighted view of the situation. We beat out Michigan, Ohio state, and Syracuse for a kid, that should tell you what type of player this kid can be. Your eye test is less important than these programs.

Reaction Score
Lol because your entire posting history is shatting on all things UConn. Be more miserable, you can’t.
Miserable Retired Fireman. Push me overboard if I ever get this bad.. Lol
The fact is we've had great basketball talent come out of CT. Many who were D1 level but went to lower level schools before recruiting was this sophisticated. Big men take time. Donovan will develop not just because he has height or talent, but because he's a good hard working young man with a great attitude.

Reaction Score
People like @3rdbass and @HuskyWarrior611 i think are missing out on a few basic facts. You can’t teach size and the kid will be one of the bigger players in college basketball the day he steps on campus, and he might not even be done growing yet. Second his skill development is still practically in its infancy for a kid so big. He apparently is a very coachable kid and a hard worker so he should show lots of improvement before and after he steps on campus. Sure a similarly rated wing or guard might look much better at this stage of the game and you would be more impressed with their highlights but that’s a bit of a shortsighted view of the situation. We beat out Michigan, Ohio state, and Syracuse for a kid, that should tell you what type of player this kid can be. Your eye test is less important than these programs.
I do think the Boneyard has to be careful though - I'm getting Ferrari in the garage vibes. Clingan obviously doesn't suck. But seeing Jokic comparisons... I'd be happy with a Matt Haarms impact (although I'm pretty sure Clingan is a much prospect).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I do think the Boneyard has to be careful though - I'm getting Ferrari in the garage vibes. Clingan obviously doesn't suck. But seeing Jokic comparisons... I'd be happy with a Matt Haarms level of play.
I can buy that. Who's Matt Haarms?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do think the Boneyard has to be careful though - I'm getting Ferrari in the garage vibes.
It’s like you don’t know us at all. The best players are always the ones who haven’t played a game for us.

Independent of his size and skills, as I said during his recruitment, Donovan it’s just a good kid. We are going to love having him around for four years.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Victor Rosa (BCHS Football) follows suit and joins Edsall 2.0, that’d be a much needed lift. Kid is a really talented in-state receiver - Julian Edelman type
Seems like the hoops roster is filling up. Maybe Hurley could let Corey borrow a few for recruiting purposes. I have a wish list.

Reaction Score
I do think the Boneyard has to be careful though - I'm getting Ferrari in the garage vibes. Clingan obviously doesn't suck. But seeing Jokic comparisons... I'd be happy with a Matt Haarms level of play.
Who has compared Clingan to Jokic? You're the first person I've seen bring up Jokic.

Reaction Score

That was always my reasoning why there was a pretty good chance he was going to commit to UConn. Because UConn was close to home, Hurley and Moore had many more chances to go see Clingan play, invite him to their games and talk to his father and him. As any salesperson can tell you, recruiting is all about relationships. Obviously it doesn't always work out, but more times than not having an extensive good relationship with the coaching staff leads to a commitment.

Reaction Score
There is 0% he’ll redshirt. Kids a stud. This is not to say that he’ll be as impactful
As Dickinson was at Michigan, but he seems like a very similar player. Very intelligent, great passing big who can let the game come
To him

I don't want to be that guy, just watched his highlights for the first time playing against New Britain (I think?) and he has so much work to do. I'm honestly not sure why he's ranked as highly as he is besides the fact that he's 7'1. He may be even rawer than Javonte Brown. The fact he's playing in LL and doesn't look dominant on tape when his competition is probably 6'4 maybe 6'6 if the team is lucky at the most is concerning.
He won't be redshirting but does have work to do on conditioning and strength and in how hard he works for position.
Not "raw" like Brown. Knows the game, shows great passing ability but, at least in 429's highlights, seemed to be pacing himself right from the start of the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01