Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel most coaching staffs have confidence enough in their coaching to be able to develop a 7’1 guy no matter how raw. Like we did with Javonte and Amida over the years except they were a little more athletic and neither were top 75 players. I’m not saying he won’t have an impact, but it certainly won’t be instantly.

This is such a weird take. Do you think that all these high-major coaching staffs are wrong in thinking they can develop him? Donovan is a literal giant--the chances of him developing into a star are WAY higher because of that.

You think Juwan Howard just figured he'd test his skill development program effectiveness with a tall kid who sucks as an example for future recruits?

No coaching staff told Donovan "you will start day 1"--that's ludicrous. You're trying to hedge your bets here because people jumped you for being obnoxious. Go back to your hole

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jordan Williams and Clingan didn't play in the same league. What point are you even trying to make bringing Jordan Williams up? You talk about how the jump from CT. high school basketball to college basketball is going to be too much for Clingan and you bring up a kid who averaged 10 pts. 9 rebs. as a freshman and first team All-ACC as a sophomore as your example.

You're doing really poorly in this thread, maybe take a break.
Jordan Williams was much more developed (albeit no where near as tall) to make that impact. I was making the comparison because he doesn’t look as impressive as Jordan in high school. His tape just looks like a 7’1 kid playing against a bunch of guys who are like 6’3. When BC plays the East Catholic and Windsor’s of the division they lose. Hell they actually got blown out by New Britain. I don’t think there’s any way in hell DC is coming in averaging 10 and 9 because he has a lot of work to do.

Like I said before though at one point Andre Drummond was a HORRIBLE 6’10 center in CT in his early stages before he had a crazy body transformation to become one of the most athletically gifted high school players ever. Here’s to hoping DC can go through a similar body transformation because he doesn’t even physically dominate his HS comp. He’s just simply way taller than everyone else. He’s one of the most dominating guys in the CIAC cause he’s the tallest guy ever in the CIAC. Hell Andre got out early and went to a prep school which is really what DC should be doing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s cool I’ll be the bad guy for this thread.
1625338280233.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chief would pay a lot to see someone in a UConn uniform throw a classic, Wes Unseld or Bill Walton, two handed above the head outlet pass to start a fast break.

If only you had something original.

Screenshot_20210703-135647.png

Reaction Score
Jordan Williams was much more developed (albeit no where near as tall) to make that impact. I was making the comparison because he doesn’t look as impressive as Jordan in high school. His tape just looks like a 7’1 kid playing against a bunch of guys who are like 6’3. When BC plays the East Catholic and Windsor’s of the division they lose. Hell they actually got blown out by New Britain. I don’t think there’s any way in hell DC is coming in averaging 10 and 9 because he has a lot of work to do.

Like I said before though at one point Andre Drummond was a HORRIBLE 6’10 center in CT in his early stages before he had a crazy body transformation to become one of the most athletically gifted high school players ever. Here’s to hoping DC can go through a similar body transformation because he doesn’t even physically dominate his HS comp. He’s just simply way taller than everyone else. He’s one of the most dominating guys in the CIAC cause he’s the tallest guy ever in the CIAC. Hell Andre got out early and went to a prep school which is really what DC should be doing.
Didn’t BCHS go undefeated and win a state championship? And beat both Windsor and East, and also Northwest? Yup, they did.

Reaction Score

What the heck are you talking about? BC beat New Britain twice by 30 this year, beat Windsor by 14 and East in OT in the conference championship. And I believe Andre Drummond played ONE year of high school bba

Reaction Score

As I was saying Drummond played one year of high school basketball in CT, freshman year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What a hero. It’s not about being the “bad guy.” It just seems like you’re being intentionally obnoxious for attention. Maybe that’s just your nature.
It's a message board. I shared my opinion. There's usually not much problems with my other posts but I can understand why people would be very defensive over DC.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What the heck are you talking about? BC beat New Britain twice by 30 this year, beat Windsor by 14 and East in OT in the conference championship. And I believe Andre Drummond played ONE year of high school bba
Andre did play one year of high school basketball and was a really bad 6'10 freshman that was the top ranked player in his class. Went to prep school, transformed his body, and boom. Physically dominated and had CBC as one fo the best AAU teams in the country along with Kris. I don't think DC is doing himself any favors playing in this league.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Semi-official Boneyard interpretation of that tweet... "Sounds like Coach has already given up hope that this year's team has a chance at #5
Original.

Screenshot_20210703-142743.png

Reaction Score
Andre did play one year of high school basketball and was a really bad 6'10 freshman that was the top ranked player in his class. Went to prep school, transformed his body, and boom. Physically dominated and had CBC as one fo the best AAU teams in the country along with Kris. I don't think DC is doing himself any favors playing in this league.
It's been explained dozens of times on this board why Donovan wants to stay at BCHS, whether you agree with it or not this isn't the time to repeatedly rail on the kid for his choice

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm just being honest here. I hope Danny can coach him up and put him through serious strength & conditioning, but he's 7'1 playing in LL. Yeah he's going to be POY. There's no other center above 6'8 at the most. Jordan Williams who went to University of Maryland back in 2010 or so has a much better post game and better film playing in the same league bringing Torrington to the state finals. I repeat TORRINGTON.
Tony Turina low-key one of the best high school coaches this state's ever seen, though. Worth remembering that!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's been explained dozens of times on this board why Donovan wants to stay at BCHS, whether you agree with it or not this isn't the time to repeatedly rail on the kid for his choice
Sorry this is my first DC thread I've looked at so I never saw why. I'm just behind here in general. Never liked his tape to be honest so I never invested in this recruitment much. But we got him so lets get him right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom