Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
Anyone else have the feeling that this announcement isn’t going to go the way a typical college announcement would?

I could totally see a random Woj bomb coming out of nowhere that Flagg committed to either us or Duke
Personally I'm hoping for a Breanna Stewart-style commitment. Signing period opens, sign the NLI on the hood of dad's car, and send it in. Media will catch up from there

Reaction Score
We don’t need to keep pretending Isola is a college basketball reporter or “in the know in the prep ranks.” He obviously has his own connections to this recruitment but there are plenty of other sources out there that deal in this space constantly and not just on a one-off case
Nobody has pretended he's a college basketball reporter or in the know in the prep ranks. People think he got his info from Scalabrine who is close with Cooper, which makes a ton of sense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everything coming out of Duke says mortal lock. Everywhere else is “I am not so sure.” Is Duke in the know, or the last to know?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's futile. By the second page there would be a debate about Bryn Mawr women's lacrosse having NIL in the 1920s and its impact on Michigan.
It's funny because it's true.

Reaction Score
Nobody has pretended he's a college basketball reporter or in the know in the prep ranks. People think he got his info from Scalabrine who is close with Cooper, which makes a ton of sense.
That’s not my point. The point is Isola isn’t the only person who has info on where this recruitment stands

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just making a point that if we did go down that route we should be happy about it. Because other fan bases (like that one) is literally begging their administration to get in the game.

I agree, if I wasn’t clear sorry about that.

I just meant they don’t go outside the lines like most big time programs do which hurts them in recruiting. I wouldn’t want us to be above staying competitive with everyone else in that regard.

We just don’t need to turn into Texas A&M football or Kansas basketball.

Your point was clear. Some posters want to navigate things differently.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
From the Duke private board:

View attachment 92386

This is an "all beagles are dogs but not all dogs are beagles" situation. If their 24 class is VJ, then their 24 class was all there.

I'm never been and I'm not still overly optimistic but this doesn't mean anything. When Matrim winks or Zionn says next, we can take it to the bank. But when someone is this vague, it's speculation.

Either Flagg verbaled to Duke prior to or during the visit, or he didn't. We've seen nothing indicating that he has committed to Duke. This is just "I'm feeling good about things." Super, enjoy that feeling.

Reaction Score
This is an "all beagles are dogs but not all dogs are beagles" situation. If their 24 class is VJ, then their 24 class was all there.

I'm never been and I'm not still overly optimistic but this doesn't mean anything. When Matrim winks or Zionn says next, we can take it to the bank. But when someone is this vague, it's speculation.

Either Flagg verbaled to Duke prior to or during the visit, or he didn't. We've seen nothing indicating that he has committed to Duke. This is just "I'm feeling good about things." Super, enjoy that feeling.
Can we please stop with the wink stuff. I like Matrim's posts but he's done the wink thing with probably half a dozen players who never came here and this staff is as tight lipped as it gets.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have access to what this says?
It cost a whopping $1.00 to sign up and read it … everyone here can Venmo me a nickel.

Duke feels good about hitting all the points they felt they needed to this weekend after UConn made up a lot of ground in Flagg’s visit. Blue Devils think having 2024 class there together was big. UConn is confident in their pitch, still feels they are in it and will continue to push.

Early signing period decision seems likely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we didn't land Flagg it would stink because he is so good, but since I never thought we were getting him, I won't really be disappointed. Pat on the other hand would be a bit of a gut punch. A need and it seems like we are/were in a solid position there.

Reaction Score
If we didn't land Flagg it would stink because he is so good, but since I never thought we were getting him, I won't really be disappointed. Pat on the other hand would be a bit of a gut punch. A need and it seems like we are/were in a solid position there.
We’re gonna have to get a lot in the portal if we miss out on both

Reaction Score
Can we please stop with the wink stuff. I like Matrim's posts but he's done the wink thing with probably half a dozen players who never came here and this staff is as tight lipped as it gets.
He doesn’t do the wink anymore, he’s mentioned that due to NIL. I still trust what he says

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom