Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
I would not assume this is Flagg related
I think if anything he would be probably in the could group as he is keeping thinks private and people would be guessing when he commits

Reaction Score
Guys. No one pays for a visit. Maybe they throw cash to entice. But just to visit? lol.

UConn won the national title. Is ranked sixth in the nation. Has another top 20 recruit possibly headed here…

They don’t have to pay to get a kid to campus. I mean, are you serious? If I gotta pay you to come take a look, why even bother? Lol.

Cooper’s family isn’t that shady. No chance.

Message board people. 95% of it is BS.

Maybe not for hoops, but big-time football recruits DO get paid just to visit, fyi.

Reaction Score
Guys. No one pays for a visit. Maybe they throw cash to entice. But just to visit? lol.

UConn won the national title. Is ranked sixth in the nation. Has another top 20 recruit possibly headed here…

They don’t have to pay to get a kid to campus. I mean, are you serious? If I gotta pay you to come take a look, why even bother? Lol.

Cooper’s family isn’t that shady. No chance.

Message board people. 95% of it is BS.
This is really far off base. I worked in the recruiting department for an SEC football program. Teams pay players to take visits all the time. It's probably more common in football than basketball but it happens. Florida State has been paying Jeremiah Smith (the #1 2024 football recruit) upwards of 10k every time he visits. FSU and Smith both know he isn't playing there in college, but FSU gets the buzz and Smith gets the money.

It's less about trying to land him than it is having the social media buzz that you got the #1 ranked player to visit. It pays off in the long run with other players. It's marketing.

I don't know anything about whether we paid Flagg to visit or not, but it wouldn't be the first time a school paid for a player to visit.

Reaction Score
Because of locked threads Flagg won’t reach the Diamond Stone record, but he has to be close to the record for locked threads on one recruit.

At some point somebody’s gotta add up all the recent Cooper threads from a replies, pages, and views standpoint and compare to the Diamond Stone mega-thread. I think we have that beat when you combine numbers.

Also not it!

Reaction Score
Time to lock this thread lol? We’re talking football recruiting
Why not lock this up since we are trying to keep up with all three (primarily CF and PN but VJ too)

Title it something based on "POST-DUKE VISITS" or along those lines.

would be easier to follow timeline

Reaction Score
Why not lock this up since we are trying to keep up with all three (primarily CF and PN but VJ too)

Doesn’t seem like we are really in on VJ. It’s gonna suck not getting Betsey if we don’t get any of these three

Reaction Score

That's futile. By the second page there would be a debate about Bryn Mawr women's lacrosse having NIL in the 1920s and its impact on Michigan.

Reaction Score
Still no announcement of a commitment date...Me thinks that if he had committed to Duke this past weekend, something would have leaked by now, or the announcement would have been made.

Maybe that rumor of Flagg taking one more unofficial to Storrs on November 6th is true. Hmmm
A good chunk of my family lives in NC. There's tons of leaks on the Duke side. If Flagg committed to Duke this past weekend or even winked in the direction of a pretty girl, someone in my family circle would text me before Trilly could even load Twitter on his phone.

I think it's safe to say that Flagg hasn't made a decision yet. Unless the decision is UConn, but we wouldn't know since UConn doesn't leak.

Reaction Score
This is really far off base. I worked in the recruiting department for an SEC football program. Teams pay players to take visits all the time. It's probably more common in football than basketball but it happens. Florida State has been paying Jeremiah Smith (the #1 2024 football recruit) upwards of 10k every time he visits. FSU and Smith both know he isn't playing there in college, but FSU gets the buzz and Smith gets the money.

It's less about trying to land him than it is having the social media buzz that you got the #1 ranked player to visit. It pays off in the long run with other players. It's marketing.

I don't know anything about whether we paid Flagg to visit or not, but it wouldn't be the first time a school paid for a player to visit.

10k just to step on campus for a few pics is absolutely nuts.

Reaction Score
Yes. Possible. The odds are right up there with UConn going winless this season in a parlay with Brown winning the national championship.

Tony Soprano GIFs | Tenor

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
10k just to step on campus for a few pics is absolutely nuts.
Now we know why they whine and complain about not getting enough from the ACC.

Reaction Score
All these tweets are just people playing telephone with Isola's tweet. Unless Cooper's mom has a big mouth, no one knows.
We don’t need to keep pretending Isola is a college basketball reporter or “in the know in the prep ranks.” He obviously has his own connections to this recruitment but there are plenty of other sources out there that deal in this space constantly and not just on a one-off case

Reaction Score
FWIW, my best source on all things Duke said, ”I would not make any bets on him coming back to Storrs”.
Everything coming out of Duke says mortal lock. Everywhere else is “I am not so sure.” Is Duke in the know, or the last to know?

Reaction Score

So you telling me in the sec you paid for a guy to visit - straight up cash with no chance of landing him - for social media buzz?

I can certainly see giving a recruit cash when he lands, with a wink more where that came from.

But giving cash just to visit is such a loser play.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have the feeling that this announcement isn’t going to go the way a typical college announcement would?

I could totally see a random Woj bomb coming out of nowhere that Flagg committed to either us or Duke
I guess it's possible but that wouldn't make a ton of sense for this level of recruit. If he schedules an announcement half the college basketball world is tuning in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom