Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're gonna have to add a lot from the portal regardless
What's ironic perhaps is that neither UConn nor Duke need Flagg. He's just so good you want him to join your team. Duke desperately needs Ngongba. We could really use Edgecombe.

Reaction Score
What's ironic perhaps is that neither UConn nor Duke need Flagg. He's just so good you want him to join your team. Duke desperately needs Ngongba. We could really use Edgecombe.
I mean we could potentially be losing our whole starting lineup if Karaban goes pro. Maybe some of the bench pieces will be ready to step up though

Reaction Score
I mean we could potentially be losing our whole starting lineup if Karaban goes pro. Maybe some of the bench pieces will be ready to step up though

Returning as many starters as we are is pretty rare.

Losing an entire starting 5 is probably more than average, but it's hard to complain when it's the result of performance on the court.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Returning as many starters as we are is pretty rare.

Losing an entire starting 5 is probably more than average, but it's hard to complain when it's the result of performance on the court.
And we've got Ross, Stewart, Abraham and Johnson unless he's a full time 5 at that point. Plus Roumoglou might be a contributor by then. That's if Alex goes pro (I have no idea if it is possible).

Reaction Score
Can we please stop with the wink stuff. I like Matrim's posts but he's done the wink thing with probably half a dozen players who never came here and this staff is as tight lipped as it gets.
Since we are in the middle of college football recruiting "flip season" - there are dozens of players that actually commit to a program that later change their commitment elsewhere (some multiple times). So you cannot even take the person making the decision at their word at any given time - even after they are openly stated it. Expecting more from an "insider" seems foolish.

Reaction Score
Duke has like 7 "Castles" on their roster so if he doesn't come we have to do it like we always do, win the title as underdogs next year. Makes it more satisfying.

Reaction Score
Who
And we've got Ross, Stewart, Abraham and Johnson unless he's a full time 5 at that point. Plus Roumoglou might be a contributor by then. That's if Alex goes pro (I have no idea if it is possible).
Who would Abraham compare to? He’s more of a defender and rebounder right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we please stop with the wink stuff. I like Matrim's posts but he's done the wink thing with probably half a dozen players who never came here and this staff is as tight lipped as it gets.
No
Fiddler On The Roof Broadway GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

Reaction Score
It would appear that we've survived the Duke Official without a definitive out come.
yeah if he gave a verbal on the visit we would have heard a rumor about it today. the fact that we havent has gotta tilt the odds in our favor. UConn up to 50.1%.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It cost a whopping $1.00 to sign up and read it … everyone here can Venmo me a nickel.

Duke feels good about hitting all the points they felt they needed to this weekend after UConn made up a lot of ground in Flagg’s visit. Blue Devils think having 2024 class there together was big. UConn is confident in their pitch, still feels they are in it and will continue to push.

Early signing period decision seems likely.
Thanks. I have like 20 different subscriptions to watch UConn games / read their coverage… figured someone would have access to one of the few I don’t already pay for.

Reaction Score
yeah if he gave a verbal on the visit we would have heard a rumor about it today. the fact that we havent has gotta tilt the odds in our favor. UConn up to 50.1%.
I went back to check but he didn't post the pictures at least on instagram until Tuesday after his visit with us. I'm reserving my thoughts until after tomorrow lmao

Reaction Score

Look at the last sentence. He’s speaking as if Hurley is his coach already. He’s ours.

This is him talking about what their pitch to him is. That line is included in the pitch.

Reaction Score
This is him talking about what their pitch to him is. That line is included in the pitch.
Shhhhh. Im probably reading WAY too much into it but I wanna hope again. I don’t like being a realist. Flagg to UConn!!!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Duke has like 7 "Castles" on their roster so if he doesn't come we have to do it like we always do, win the title as underdogs next year. Makes it more satisfying.

No they don't only one team has the best Frosh in the Country according to the Athletic. Thats us.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We know

Do you include yourself in "we" ? Im really not trying to give you a hard time. I'm really not. I'll piggy back you to high five Dan Hurley if this comes true, and you know I can make good on this promise. We ALL want the same thing here. Pulling rehashed articles from BEFORE the Duke visit helps no one here. But as I have said for 2 years, I love and admire your enthusiasm. You're a bleed blue guy.

Reaction Score
Do you include yourself in "we" ? Im really not trying to give you a hard time. I'm really not. I'll piggy back you to high five Dan Hurley if this comes true, and you know I can make good on this promise. We ALL want the same thing here. Pulling rehashed articles from BEFORE the Duke visit helps no one here. But as I have said for 2 years, I love and admire your enthusiasm. You're a bleed blue guy.
Yes. I just didn’t view the quote that way before.

And I enjoy our interactions. I know there is no ill will behind it. We are 2 different sides of the same coin A Dub. I need your grounding sometimes haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom