OT: - Does anyone live in Downtown Hartford? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Does anyone live in Downtown Hartford?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
An additional request, for those of who live in central CT, do you have any recommendations on movers?

Reaction Score
25 mins? How slow do you drive we got to blueback yesterday in 13 mins, specifically the whole foods.
I drive local there to visit Ginza all the time, I don't live in Bloomfield but traffic during morning working hr is bad. Yesterday was a sunday. They do have a crappy Whole Foods on the way to the Blueback one

polycom

Reaction Score
I drive local there to visit Ginza all the time, I don't live in Bloomfield but traffic during morning working hr is bad. Yesterday was a sunday. They do have a crappy Whole Foods on the way to the Blueback one

That's the one that 7 minutes away...

Reaction Score
Checking in here... I've lived in a rented house in West Hartford for the last 3 years. I'm 25. I plan on moving downtown to an apartment come August so I appreciate the feedback on the places you've posted.

I have friends littered all downtown and they all love it. Living downtown Hartford and being able to walk to work is just more appealing than the stale night life of West Hartford at this point in my life. Believe it or not... some of us younger one's are trying to move to the cities in this state.

polycom

Reaction Score
Checking in here... I've lived in a rented house in West Hartford for the last 3 years. I'm 25. I plan on moving downtown to an apartment come August so I appreciate the feedback on the places you've posted.

I have friends littered all downtown and they all love it. Living downtown Hartford and being able to walk to work is just more appealing than the stale night life of West Hartford at this point in my life. Believe it or not... some of us younger one's are trying to move to the cities in this state.

I'm going to see a bunch of places in Downtown on Friday so I'll let you know. We are the same age but I won't be working downtown being closer the airport is more important to me since I travel about 80%...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The crappy Whole Foods is where I go to avoid the bougie hipsters.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
No moving local, I already moved most of my stuff from Boston to my parents in central CT.

At Spectra you get your own movie screening room & indoor basketball court if that's your thing.

Reaction Score
Booking a few tours for this weekend. Two places that I have friends at: Capewell Lofts and Colt Gateway. These are both super nice and a little out of what I want to pay.

I also found Parkville Lofts which seems like it might be more in my price range but they don't have a website or much to go off besides posts on apartments.com

Reaction Score
Gives solid insight on trends. Baby Boomers or people who don't want to take care of yards anymore are also moving to cities.
That’s not a new trend. It’s been happening in many urban centers. Boston downtown condos and apartments for example have been booming for many years. What’s new is that it’s happening in what have been heretofore less inviting cities such as St Louis and Hartford. If the Cardinals aren’t playing, downtown St Louis on weeknights is a ghost town due to the dearth of permanent downtown residents. Hartford even worse. The addition of UConn Hartford, a more vibrant restaurant and arts presence and the Yard Goats etc can help bring a vibrancy to the city —but nothing helps like an influx of new residents with an adventurous spirit and disposable income.

polycom

Reaction Score
Booking a few tours for this weekend. Two places that I have friends at: Capewell Lofts and Colt Gateway. These are both super nice and a little out of what I want to pay.

I also found Parkville Lofts which seems like it might be more in my price range but they don't have a website or much to go off besides posts on apartments.com

My girlfriend's med school friends are looking at Capital Lofts, they are bit cheaper than the other places in Hartford.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would love to live near Front Street. Infinity, Arch Street Tavern, the movie theater and Bear's ticks off a lot of boxes.

polycom

Reaction Score
I would love to live near Front Street. Infinity, Arch Street Tavern, the movie theater and Bear's ticks off a lot of boxes.

They have lofts there, they seem pretty nice.

Reaction Score
I'll soon be selling my condo near there and downsizing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I've lived in Hartford, but in the South end, not downtown. I've had many friends who have lived downtown. Places on Bushnell Park and Hartford 21 are very nice. The coolest studio I've seen was 2nd or 3rd floor across from Union Station-all brick, high ceilings, and separate kitchen. The new spot to be is anywhere between the XL Center and Front Street though. I miss the nights at Hot Tomato's, then to Up or On the Rocks or Bears. I also miss the low rent, but the options for food/drinks are better now I'd say. I'm from Wethersfield, and moved to Hartford when I was younger and single. Now I'm back in the suburbs of Wethersfield...typical married schmuck.

Reaction Score
I lived at Union Place Apartments right after graduating from UConn in 1994. They were nice - exposed brick, in the same building as the Federal...

Funny story - we couldn't get fiber optic cable and without it we couldn't get some of the games on tv at home so sometimes, when I didn't feel like going out, I would watch the games through my tiny bedroom window with binoculars on the tv in Coach's across the parking lot while listening on the radio...then at half time I would feed my dinosaur.

View attachment 30750
I swear that was my same apartment if you were on the second floor on the left side. I loved living there I used to forget my keys while running out to get pizza and injure myself jumping that damned fence. Place was roach infested however and the view of the rats attacking the dumpster outside en masse was something to behold.. I was probably there somewhere between 92-94. Spent a lot of time at the two bars downstairs. The Federal and something New Orleans themed that I forget the name of. Ended up moving up to this old brick mansion by Mark Twain house that was divided up into apartments. Strange times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom