Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious!

Reaction Score
As for myself, wife and I have no plans this year. I'm probably facing a knee replacement this fall and get pretty sore if I walk a lot, so not much point in travel.
Had total knee replacement 3 years ago- make sure your surgeon uses a custom knee replacement sized exactly for your knee structure. My doc used Conformis. It makes a difference since it will fit perfectly for your anatomy. My doc also used a CPM constant passive motion knee bending device which I used for 2 solid weeks that helped prevent scar tissue forming- some docs don't use it, mine did, I like my results. Was walking and playing 9 holes within 1 month, and no problems since.

Reaction Score
I leave for Scotland on Sunday for 10 days.
We just got back from a 10-day trip around Great Britian which included Scotland, Wales and England. Fantastic trip for sure, but pack accordingly as it was much cooler than anticipated.

Reaction Score
June, go to high-school hoop scrimmages...

Rest of the summer, go to trad-jazz festivals and events. The biggest are the Bix Festival in Bix's hometown, Davenport, IA and the Hot Jazz Jubilee in Sacramento... Might go to a couple others, and local shows also.

Reaction Score
Leaving Monday for Greece for 8 days.

Then 2 weeks away to Florida in July. Disney, then a cruise for 8 days to visit St. Croix, St. Thomas, and San Juan.

I love Greece. Island hopping was one of my favorite summers ever. Where are you headed?

Reaction Score
Headed to Athens for 3 days. Taking an island tour for a day. Going to Olympia, Delphi, and others. Going with a school group so going through EF Tours. I'm pretty excited.

Delphi was awesome. Gorgeous drive. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Heading to Belize Saturday. Jungle first followed by Caye Caulker. Recommendations and advice are appreciated!

Reaction Score
Heading to Belize Saturday. Jungle first followed by Caye Caulker. Recommendations and advice are appreciated!
Let us know how it was. I've been looking to go there. Supposedly it's a good place to spend the winter in retirement.

Corozal, Belize

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
The absolute one must-do thing in NS is to find a restaurant in Digby where you can get scallops right off the boat.

The northernmost parts of the Cabot highway are beautiful. And oh so close to a 200 ft drop into the ocean.

Also, keep in mind that outside of Halifax, pretty much the whole province shuts down after 8pm.

There's a beautiful golf course next to the Fairmont. The day wife and I played, there was a bear walking across the green we were shooting at. We held up play for a bit.

Sounds corny, but if the Stampede is still going on when you're there, it's a goof and definitely worth going for a day. The chuckwagon races are the Canadian version of Ben-Hur.

As for myself, wife and I have no plans this year. I'm probably facing a knee replacement this fall and get pretty sore if I walk a lot, so not much point in travel.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the Stampede isn't until Sept. and we'll be there in July. Planning on lots of e-bike riding and cruising along the shoreline to take in the sites. Hoping to scoff down a lot of PEI oysters as well! Good luck with the knee!

Reaction Score
Right now, I'm spending the weekend in Bucks County, PA attending a friend's wedding.

I'm generally luke-warm with wedding food, but it'll be my first big Indian wedding so I'm expecting amazing food tonight.
Update: no Indian food at the wedding (boo!) but the wedding was a lot of fun even though the weekend was an exercise of endurance. The highlight was certainly the baraat which is basically a parade where the groom and his crew parade and dance into the wedding venue. Gorgeous weather for a wedding (low 80s, dry and breezy), but by the end of the baraat, I sweated through my suit and pounded fluids before sitting through an hour-long service in the sun. I haven't been to a ton of weddings, but overall, it was up there as one of my favorites.

My school year ends tomorrow, so no crazy major plans, but will spend three days in Outer Cape in late June, heading to the Outlaw Festival in Bethel Woods and renting a house for that weekend, spending a weeklong educational conference in Santa Barbara in mid-July (props to them for the 9 AM-2 PM work days) and then having in-laws visiting later that month.

Aside from that, just enjoying the summer in CT, writing more, some tutoring and family time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Update: no Indian food at the wedding (boo!) but the wedding was a lot of fun even though the weekend was an exercise of endurance. The highlight was certainly the baraat which is basically a parade where the groom and his crew parade and dance into the wedding venue. Gorgeous weather for a wedding (low 80s, dry and breezy), but by the end of the baraat, I sweated through my suit and pounded fluids before sitting through an hour-long service in the sun. I haven't been to a ton of weddings, but overall, it was up there as one of my favorites.
Talk to me when you go to an India wedding in Chennai, India in May. I will die 10 years before my expiration date for that fiasco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom