Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have 700,000 pts on my Chase Card. I'll do what I do every year - plan a vacation I'll never go on. This summer was going to be Israel, Turkey, and Egypt
If it helps, you can plan a vacation, use your points to pay for it, and I will go on it and post about it here on The Boneyard.

You're welcome!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Genuinely curious, is there enough to do in Aruba for 15 days?
Never been, but we will find out. I am not staying at a resort and will have a car so the plan is to explore the island. Marat nailed it though and the beach and sun is enough to keep the wife and kids happy for two weeks.

Reaction Score
I'm driving back to Fargo from MX on June 29. I'll be in Fargo for 3 weeks. Then when I return to MX in late July I may buy a sailing kayak made by Hobie. Need to drive to Mexico City to pick it up. I should be able to use the Kayak in some of the few lakes we have in the Monterrey area.

I also think I'm going to spend a weekend in Cancun in August. My cousin and his GF are going... not sure why August, but I told them I would meet them. It's about and hour and a half flight from Monterrey. August in Cancun normally sounds lousy, but frankly it will be cooler than Monterrey. Finally in late late summer... maybe early fall I'm going to Bacalar Mexico.

Really loving Mexico.

Reaction Score
Never been, but we will find out. I am not staying at a resort and will have a car so the plan is to explore the island. Marat nailed it though and the beach and sun is enough to keep the wife and kids happy for two weeks.
I've been to Aruba a few times, most recently in February for 6 days. The island is about 7 miles wide by 25 miles long. I checked once on the area of the island and it's about the same size as my town and the 2 towns next to my town. So there's not a lot of exploring you can do. The middle of the island and the east side is mostly desert. There's a mountain in the middle you can hike up. That takes about an hour. An ATV or UTV tour around the island is a half day trip and that was fun. Went horseback riding once. That's half a day. There is a national park that you can take a trip through. It's mostly desert.

There's downtown you can explore for shopping. It's there for the people coming off cruise ships. There are a lot of good restaurants for dinner. If you want some suggestions let me know.

There are a bunch of water activities (Jet skis, parasailing, water skiing, etc,) but they're all relatively expensive. There's not a lot you can do there except pool and beach and enjoy the beautiful weather. So hopefully your family will be happy with that. Not trying to throw shade on your trip just letting you know there's not a lot to do there outside of that.

Reaction Score
Acadia for week in Aug with grands, Kauai in September with my drinking in laws, then everything in between on lake in Northeast Kingdom Vermont, which has the best summers

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I've been to Aruba a few times, most recently in February for 6 days. The island is about 7 miles wide by 25 miles long. I checked once on the area of the island and it's about the same size as my town and the 2 towns next to my town. So there's not a lot of exploring you can do. The middle of the island and the east side is mostly desert. There's a mountain in the middle you can hike up. That takes about an hour. An ATV or UTV tour around the island is a half day trip and that was fun. Went horseback riding once. That's half a day. There is a national park that you can take a trip through. It's mostly desert.

There's downtown you can explore for shopping. It's there for the people coming off cruise ships. There are a lot of good restaurants for dinner. If you want some suggestions let me know.

There are a bunch of water activities (Jet skis, parasailing, water skiing, etc,) but they're all relatively expensive. There's not a lot you can do there except pool and beach and enjoy the beautiful weather. So hopefully your family will be happy with that. Not trying to throw shade on your trip just letting you know there's not a lot to do there outside of that.
We cancelled our usual vacation this year (Portugal) so in the end the wife decided to just pick one place for an extended period of time rather than a few small trips. Any dining recommendations you have send them my way. I appreciate it!

The wife and kids will be happy enough at the beach doing nothing for two weeks, so I really will just be looking to add in a few "day trip"/activities. I will probably sneak off one day to fish or kayak.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have 700,000 pts on my Chase Card. I'll do what I do every year - plan a vacation I'll never go on. This summer was going to be Israel, Turkey, and Egypt.

Other than that - hiking, gardening, making sure my lawn is better than my neighbors', and then finding a landscape architect to design and replace most of my .75 acre lawn with low maintenance 'zones'.

I'm thinking a few fruit trees in one zone. A small gazebo (maybe a screened in three season type thing) center of yard. Grape trellis. Another trellis section of berries. Suggestions are welcome.

Dude, go on freaking vacation already.

Just go. Or give me the card and I will book it for you.

Reaction Score
Our annual 2 month vacation in Daytona Beach shores / Ormond beach. (15years and counting). Leaving in about 20 minutes. ( for real )
Love the Shores. Please message me when you have a moment.

Reaction Score
Scotland for a week, followed by Paris for 3 days and Normandy for 4. Paris and Normandy are post D-Day (obviously) but pre Olympics. Time away from the Boneyard may be nice depending on what goes down the next few days... Worst thing about being gone will be missing live coverage of the NBA draft, which should be a very fun night.

Reaction Score

Just had to complete a permit with South Kingstown to throw this newly purchased 5th wheel by the beach and take my 2017 out. Will be doing that this coming week so our Grandaughter has a great place to hang with us on weekends. Other than that I have a 6day/5nighter with the boys in September at Myrtle for some golf.

But mostly loving New England until next winter then we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Was to play a lot of golf, but threw out my back. Now I lay down all day, watch GOT and scroll through the BY to feel even more $hitty. Envy!

Reaction Score
15 days, eh? I love Aruba but I'm a little bored by day 2. Curious what you do there for 15 days? My wife will sit in a lounge chair at the pool or beach for days on end. I get fidgety by the 3rd hour.
completely agree. i spent 8 days in bora bora last year. read a 1000 page book in between scuba diving and drinking pina coladas. a week of being a beach bum is nice but i started getting bored by the end. that's how you know it was the right amount of time.

Reaction Score

Just had to complete a permit with South Kingstown to throw this newly purchased 5th wheel by the beach and take my 2017 out. Will be doing that this coming week so our Grandaughter has a great place to hang with us on weekends. Other than that I have a 6day/5nighter with the boys in September at Myrtle for some golf.

But mostly loving New England until next winter then we’ll see.

Advertising for cougars?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm going to fly up to Connecticut to visit family and friends. How's that for exotic. :rolleyes:
We'll be going up to CT in early August to visit our sons and their families. This is an annual trip for us. Plus we also have friends to see.

This time we are going to take the Auto Train from Sanford, FL to Lorton, Va. 18 hour trip with dinner, a movie and sleeping over. Takes about 18 hours. Then a 6 hour drive to CT.

Actually will be cheaper than flying up and renting a car. Plus we don't have to worry about luggage weight!!!

Now if we could only get our schedules to align.

Reaction Score
Work from the boat every Friday. Maybe Mondays too. Lake Placid weekend end of June. 10 days in Norway in July. Weather permitting, a couple of trips to Montauk or Block on the boat.

Reaction Score
Are you Bruce Springsteen !?
If I were, I wouldn’t be sleeping in cheap hostels and a tent, (although, I do have his harmonica)!

But, that was a good catch, knowing the bases for my itinerary.

Reaction Score
I am planning to stalk Coach’s new beach house. If he bought in bay head it would be easier. LA pays for bay head ocean front plus, next to Bruce! However, I am a Knicks fan.

Reaction Score
Aruba for 15 days to end the summer.
Where? Have you been before? We were just talking about it this morning. I’d like to rent a nice beachfront house with a grill that is an easy walk to a good bar or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom