Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious! | The Boneyard

Distraction Thread: So what are your summer plans, make me envious!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody will be envious of me going to coastal South Carolina to visit my parents...in August. Maybe I'll sweat off 10 pounds. Want to bring my daughter because she hasn't seen her grandparents in some time and they are aging fast. Also to check out the area where we will likely move (Bluffton).

Aside from that, a few concerts, starting with Roger Daltry in Boston on June 20, the Pretenders later. Long weekends on Cape Cod. I generally don't leave New England in the summer. Why would you?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Nobody will be envious of me going to coastal South Carolina to visit my parents...in August. Maybe I'll sweat off 10 pounds. Want to bring my daughter because she hasn't seen her grandparents in some time and they are aging fast. Also to check out the area where we will likely move (Bluffton).

Aside from that, a few concerts, starting with Roger Daltry in Boston on June 20, the Pretenders later. Long weekends on Cape Cod. I generally don't leave New England in the summer. Why would you?
Oh, you'd be surprised; I have to go to Nigeria. I'll tell the princes you say hello and how to get a hold of you through email ..

They have some very interesting investment opportunities- just need your banking info to get it done.

Reaction Score
Heading to Jamaica with the fam in a couple of weeks. Gonna stay at an all-inclusive resort (always wanted to go to one of those) and if news we've all been obsessed over since yesterday goes a certain way, it's gonna be good that the booze at the resort is all included.
Just need to keep the hurricanes away and not get mugged by the locals.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably obsessively checking The Boneyard, first to find out the resolution of the Hurley saga, then, depending on the resolution, to see which players, if any, transfer out and who we bring in to replace them, then, or probably simultaneously, to check to see whether one of our assistance become the head coach, whether any of them leave, to see who we get as a potential new head coach, and probably to read post about how Hurley leaving makes us a less desirable conference realignment candidate. That should easily get me to the football season.

It's should be a pretty full summer.

Reaction Score
Cardiff, Wales through London.
IMG_6073.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have 700,000 pts on my Chase Card. I'll do what I do every year - plan a vacation I'll never go on. This summer was going to be Israel, Turkey, and Egypt.

Other than that - hiking, gardening, making sure my lawn is better than my neighbors', and then finding a landscape architect to design and replace most of my .75 acre lawn with low maintenance 'zones'.

I'm thinking a few fruit trees in one zone. A small gazebo (maybe a screened in three season type thing) center of yard. Grape trellis. Another trellis section of berries. Suggestions are welcome.

Reaction Score
Finishing our house remodel stalled for 5 years because of indecision. Replace old steam boiler with new steam boiler, insulate main part of house which hardly had anything, new kitchen and new bathroom which now are just studs, new electric, new basement concrete floor, re-side the house, replace windows on 1st floor, and finish landscaping.

If that makes you envious, you might need help!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom