Disgusting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Disgusting

Reaction Score
We have played 5 Div 1 teams this year that are not mid majors. providence, MSU, Oregon, Arkansas and Cuse. 4 of those have been no contest. I think that we’re going to get our brains beat ou in conference. We will look ok against some of the bottom dwellers and that will be false hope. that’s about it.
I agree. Some poster projected us to win 23 games! As of this moment I expect to lose to Cinci, Wichita St, SMU and any other good teams, regardless of venue. We can’t even look at the schedule and conclude a bunch of automatic wins anymore. Please prove us wrong KO, I’d be the first one to enjoy some crow.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is a talent gap. This was evident when we lost by 35 to Arkansas and needed OT to beat Columbia and Monmouth at home.

And we have that talent gap because our coach could not make it work with 3 of his freshman and 1 recruit. He allowed the most important part of coaching, relationships, to deteriorate and crumble with players he absolutely needed. Our fate this year, and perhaps his, was sealed by that failure.

You are a complete arse in nearly every post you make be it basketball, soccer or field hockey
Couldn't make it work with 3 freshmen? We've gone over it 1000 times but you must be so thick it doesn't sink in
I think you talk to hear yourself talk or looking for likes/reactions
Insipid

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't try to bring common sense to this argument. The apologists would rather whistle past the graveyard. We have a clueless coach. That is inarguable at this point. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.
You are so right
It is way beyond you

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Agreed, that’s 2 scholarships to guys who provide nothing, and right now Polley provides nothing either. KO for years has favored skinny, “athletic” guys with no regard for stronger, fundamentally sound players. There are plenty of European bigs or stronger American players that could have helped us these past 4 years but they didn’t fit the profile.
Ollie gave a scholarship to an Instagram dunker when we were absolutely strapped for any and all talent in the front court. An Instagram dunker.

Reaction Score
After reading many of the posts on the boneyard I’ve come to the conclusion that if in fact recruits do read these posts we aren’t going to get anyone in the next few years. Yes, we have a second rate conference, KO doesn’t seem to be putting together a National Championship Team, our players aren’t playing both halves and there is no Jim Calhoun in charge. There is only one thing we as fans are in complete control over and that is being a positive fan supporting the program. I’m not sure what embarrassed me more last night the comments on the boneyard or the lack of rebounds. I’m not crazy about the direction the program is going but no coach or player will want to come here after reading the boneyard. Constructive criticism is not the same as negativity.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ollie gave a scholarship to an Instagram dunker when we were absolutely strapped for any and all talent in the front court. An Instagram dunker.

Yeah, what other options were out there on the frontcourt market in June?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
A good coach wouldn't have been in that desperate of a situation at the final hour.

Doesn't matter. Fault him for failing to get Plan A/B/C/D in the spring, sure, but it's stupid to suggest that an "Instagram dunker" was who he set out to target as a solution to frontcourt woes.

Reaction Score
Yeah, what other options were out there on the frontcourt market in June?

Considering Ollie doesn’t play him anyway I don’t know, maybe save it for a high rated 2018 kid?? KO has done a horrendous job of roster management. Putting yourself in the desperate situation where you’re consistently forced to add jucos, low 3 stars and low/mid major patchwork grad transfers last minute isn’t a recipe for success. It’s poor planning. At least not to UConn fans that are sick of what’s taking place and think we can still be elite. Syracuse isn’t good and there was still a glaring talent discrepancy.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Considering Ollie doesn’t play him anyway I don’t know, maybe save it for a high rated 2018 kid?? KO has done a horrendous job of roster management. Putting yourself in the desperate situation where you’re consistently forced to add jucos, low 3 stars and low/mid major patchwork grad transfers last minute isn’t a recipe for success. It’s poor planning. At least not to UConn fans that are sick of what’s taking place and think we can still be elite. Syracuse isn’t good and there was still a glaring talent discrepancy.

Ollie has been lambasted for banking scholarships for next year's recruits for years. Nice try.

Reaction Score
Watching this I'm not sure it's the coaching. Besides Adams UConn just doesn't look like they have high major talent. Or maybe it's that they're too young and inexperienced. I don't know but there's a serious talent gap. And Syracuse isn't even that good.

Maybe Dickie V was right that UConn just won't be able to get enough good players in the AAC.
He's absolutely right, Kevin Ollie has some coaching inconsistencies but where he's really behind the eight ball is asking talented NYC kids, and others from New England and PA and Jersey to come play virtually all their basketball away games up to 2000 miles away down in Florida, Texas, Tennessee, and against teams like Tulane and East Carolina. Only one that can do that and still recruit the best players in the country, is Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom