Disgusting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Disgusting

Reaction Score
Maybe Dickie V was right that UConn just won't be able to get enough good players in the AAC.

Load of baloney . URI has better recruited talent than we do and play better. And they are playing at a dump in Kingston, RI. The AAC has some very strong basketball teams. In fact, I fear we are going to get taken apart by far too many. We will not take talent from Kentucky, Puke or Kansas, but we never really did. We found the players we needed, they got coached up, played UConn brand basketball and won. Too easy to blame the AAC when we can barely compete with Columbia and Monmouth.

Reaction Score
He did, but Vance and his father decided to leave after one year. He’d be a huge help right now.
One shooter in 5 years is not acceptable. If Jalen had someone who could hit a open 3 we would be a totally different team and would take the pressure off of him.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Again, I was at the game too, this team just isn’t good. The look on AD Dave said it all..

Reaction Score
Load of baloney . URI has better recruited talent than we do and play better. And they are playing at a dump in Kingston, RI. The AAC has some very strong basketball teams. In fact, I fear we are going to get taken apart by far too many. We will not take talent from Kentucky, Puke or Kansas, but we never really did. We found the players we needed, they got coached up, played UConn brand basketball and won. Too easy to blame the AAC when we can barely compete with Columbia and Monmouth.
Exactly and why can't we at least finish in the top 3 of this so called mediocre conference?

Reaction Score
One shooter in 5 years is not acceptable. If Jalen had someone who could hit a open 3 we would be a totally different team and would take the pressure off of him.
As I said before, he continually overlooks Europeans and certain American players in favor of skinny guys who can’t shoot because they didn’t fit the profile. I’m really interested in why he changed his tune and recruited Lukas Kisunas. Was that a Chillious recruit?

Reaction Score
If Ollie is never going to play 2 bigs at once, it makes no sense to fill so may scholarship with those positions while being left shorthanded at guard year after year. This is like the 3rd straight year we are shorthanded on the perimeter while 5 bigs are warming the bench at all times. His default mode is 3 guards, a wing at the 4 and a center. Even if you think its absurd, its even more absurd that his roster is still so out of balance that he doesnt have enough players at the positions to play the only style of ball he knows how to coach. Its like he doesnt even know himself.

Reaction Score
If Ollie is never going to play 2 bigs at once, it makes no sense to fill so may scholarship with those positions while being left shorthanded at guard year after year. This is like the 3rd straight year we are shorthanded on the perimeter while 5 bigs are warming the bench at all times. His default mode is 3 guards, a wing at the 4 and a center. Even if you think its absurd, its even more absurd that his roster is still so out of balance that he doesnt have enough players at the positions to play the only style of ball he knows how to coach. Its like he doesnt even know himself.

Hey, at least he filled all the scholarships this year :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
some of you have this idea that because people are tired of KO's BS and express frustration we are somehow lesser fans than anyone else.
No, that's not it

Reaction Score
It's all on Ollie, my god when do the excuses stop. I've never seen so much delusion.

Exactly why we are mediocre at best. Some fans have been delusional. Ollie should have been gotten his together. Six years and it seems to me like we are getting worse and worse each year.

Reaction Score
The fact that you're actually upset by that speaks volumes about your character.
I didn’t say it upset me. Someone pointed out something cringeworthy and I added a couple. Not surprising you’d have an issue with it as the President of The Kevin Ollie Fan Club. Go put your pom poms away so they’re ready to go for the next game Stairmaster.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I didn’t say it upset me. Someone pointed out something cringeworthy and I added a couple. Not surprising you’d have an issue with it as the President of The Kevin Ollie Fan Club. Go put your pom poms away so they’re ready to go for the next game Stairmaster.

LOL, that is BS. You (and many others) have nothing on me, so you have no choice but to make crap up.

You're complaining about "we was" and "they defense" on page 2, and bemoaning the fact that Ollie doesn't recruit enough European players. 2+2=4.

Reaction Score
I’ll put my character up against your holier than thou character anyday Stairmaster. It doesn’t surprise me that you have an issue with casting a wider net to find talent. Heck, it’s only taken you four years to see our storied program is in decay. Or are you still too dense to see that?

Reaction Score
So what does it take & when does AD make the change? It's been a very bad post 2014 brand of b-ball...except for a few games in 15-16 where we were at least respectable it has been excruciatingly awful. I think we have of body of work now to know it's unlikely to change.

Reaction Score
LOL, that is BS. You (and many others) have nothing on me, so you have no choice but to make crap up.

You're complaining about "we was" and "they defense" on page 2, and bemoaning the fact that Ollie doesn't recruit enough European players. 2+2=4.
Yeah, that must be it. You can't attack the guy's argument so you attack his character. Tell me, was Calhoun a "4" because he recruited Israelis, Europeans, Mormons and country boys from Texas?

I actually don't think the loss to cuse was that bad. But isn't good either. If I don't like how Ollie is performing right now, am I a "4" too? What if I compare him to Tubby or Mike Davis? Would it matter if I added Steve Fischer too or would I just be trying to hide something by doing so? Weak sauce.

Reaction Score
It's sad because in his first two years KO seemed to really build great relationships with players. I don't know what happened. Of course his first two years bought him this much time, but with the exodus from the program and what now does not look like a well coached team, this has to be his last year absent an unanticipated turnaround. But then where do we go? Like it or not, right now we're an also ran mid major in a mediocre conference. I'm one of the biggest AAC critics and Big East supporters, but I'm not delusional enough to think we're ditching football (although I'd like to.)

Reaction Score
Thoughts:
  • Larrier had 2 rebounds. Can't stress that enough. He played 38 minutes and had 2 rebounds. He wanted no part of their bigs down low.
  • Diarra and Cobb were left to themselves to battle their guys. Diarra starting is crazy to me. He is 6'5 maybe 6'6 and going against 7'2. Mid Majors do that which is what we are a decent mid major team.
  • Have to stop this three guard lineup. We didn't use our bench at all yesterday. Carlton, DO and Polley had a combined 13 minutes. Cobb played 17 minutes but Adams played the whole game, Larrier and Anderson 38 minutes and Vital 37. Those 4 combined for only 8 rebounds. We need everyone to crash the boards.
  • Last year Adams had 7 boards and 7 assists. He was not active at all last night He just doesn't make the right decisions on the court when we need him to. Took an ill advised corner three air ball early in shot clock when we were down only 9 with 8 minutes left. Before the half he threw a no look shovel pass to the front row when there were 28 seconds left. He tries fancy passes in traffic and once he tried to get cute on a layup and got it blocked. He needs to learn how to get fouled instead of shying away from contact.
  • Defense will be bad and then gets good for stretches but they can't maintain it. Cuse went 5 minutes without a basket and we couldn't capitalize.
  • Diarra 1-6 from free throw line and missed two huge ones that could have cut lead to 6 and put pressure on them.
  • Anderson- plays great defense but why take so long to be on Battle? Start your defender on their best player i dont care about size as Battle doesn't post up. Also, Anderson was useless on offense last night. Syracuse sagged off him alot which was smart.
After Coppin State we will hopefully be 7-3, but then we play three tough games against Arizona, Auburn and Wichita State. So looks like we will be 7-6 when they get back.

Reaction Score
The only thing I remember from last night is the overwhelming theme the talking ESPN heads kept throwing at us........"This is not the personnel of UConn teams in the past". For once, they are right. This team, this front court, these 5th year seniors, these coaches are simply not UConn past caliber. I saw three guys, maybe 4, that would even be on a Calhoun led roster. Sadly, that is only part of the problem. The solution? Well, that is sort of sad too. The only way I see UConn ever becoming a national player, like a Villanova, is to blow this whole thing up. UConn needs to disconnect from its storied past. It needs to start over. Get a good coach in and allow him to build his own program. No UConn guys, including the Hall of Famer in the background. UConn needs to do exactly what it did back in the mid 80s. Bring a guy in and allow him to build. This won't happen with Ollie. Sadly, I don't think it will happen as long as Calhoun lingers around the program. We need to disconnect from the past. To hold this program to the expectations of yesteryear is like comparing apples to oranges. Last night was yet another pathetic representation of this proud school. Its pretty disheartening to watch a game at MSG and already know 10 mins in that its over. Obviously, things need to change but not just on the surface. We need a brand new foundation.

Reaction Score
We've had the best recruiting class in the conference every year we've been in the AAC. We had a top 10 class just last year, and were top 25 for this coming year before MAL found the exit (good for him).

We have 2 top 40 players and a bunch of other 4-stars on this team. Talent isn't the issue.
We vhave top 40 bigs and 4 stars besides Jalen a guard? Who? Larrier is fragile and does not mix it up under the rim. Cuse has a whole team of 6’6” players and athletes who can jump over the moon.

Reaction Score
How can the AAC continually be the excuse for reduced talent? Do the Mike White's, Chris Holtmann's, Archie Miller, Danny Hurley's of the MBB coaching world only recruit McD's AA's at the low/mid-level D1 schools to have their respectful successful careers (and there are many more)? Like many of you, I like KO but you have to question his view on talent and especially improving the talent level once the players reach school.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that must be it. You can't attack the guy's argument so you attack his character. Tell me, was Calhoun a "4" because he recruited Israelis, Europeans, Mormons and country boys from Texas?

I actually don't think the loss to cuse was that bad. But isn't good either. If I don't like how Ollie is performing right now, am I a "4" too? What if I compare him to Tubby or Mike Davis? Would it matter if I added Steve Fischer too or would I just be trying to hide something by doing so? Weak sauce.
You all love talking around an issue. My take: go find the best possible coach and players that make a team, irrespective of black, white, Asian, Latino and turn them into Huskies. The more Doves, Donnys, Cornies, Jakes, Scotties, Bazzes, Boats, Kahlids, Okafors, etc...the better.

Reaction Score
We have played 5 Div 1 teams this year that are not mid majors. providence, MSU, Oregon, Arkansas and Cuse. 4 of those have been no contest. I think that we’re going to get our brains beat ou in conference. We will look ok against some of the bottom dwellers and that will be false hope. that’s about it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'll comment on Dickie V's reference to recruiting and UConn and the AAC - he's full of it.

My evidence is - #4 Villanova, #6 Wichita State, #12 Gonzaga, #13 Xavier, #17 Cincinnati, #19 Seton Hall. None of these teams are P5. They are getting quality recruits. There is no excuse for our dismal showings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom