Disgusting | The Boneyard

Disgusting

Reaction Score
i am at the game and this is the most disgusting display if UConn basketball I think I have ever seen in person. We need a change and we need it now. 14 turnovers in one half, no defense, awful basketball IQ. Do what the Giants did, get this over now. What a disgrace to our history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
i am at the game and this is the most disgusting display if UConn basketball I think I have ever seen in person. We need a change and we need it now. 14 turnovers in one half, no defense, awful basketball IQ. Do what the Giants did, get this sh!!t over now. What a disgrace to our history.
How many deep are you?

Reaction Score
i am at the game and this is the most disgusting display if UConn basketball I think I have ever seen in person. We need a change and we need it now. 14 turnovers in one half, no defense, awful basketball IQ. Do what the Giants did, get this sh!!t over now. What a disgrace to our history.

Remember if you are sick, upset, depressed, embarrassed, or angry about what you're seeing, it means you want Ollie to fail or something.

Reaction Score
Watching this I'm not sure it's the coaching. Besides Adams UConn just doesn't look like they have high major talent. Or maybe it's that they're too young and inexperienced. I don't know but there's a serious talent gap. And Syracuse isn't even that good.

Maybe Dickie V was right that UConn just won't be able to get enough good players in the AAC.

Reaction Score
How? Make our guys grow 5 inches and have jumpers? Take the refs out, we are down 4 with 6 turnovers. Stripes are killing us too. We have always had an issue with this defense save a few seasons of elite talent. This may be boogers longest team ever. Remember we were worried about not having enough guys to play 5 on 5? This team is so new it’s crazy. They can only be graded in January/ February. They need seasoning. Be a fan. This is not the 90’s or 2000’s so let’s stop looking in the rear view mirror. We will be better. By a bit by seasons end. Big teams will give us trouble until we get better bigs, but what top 100 big wants to play d,board,and screen for our historically guard focused system? Voskuhl is too old now.

Reaction Score
Watching this I'm not sure it's the coaching. Besides Adams UConn just doesn't look like they have high major talent. Or maybe it's that they're too young and inexperienced. I don't know but there's a serious talent gap. And Syracuse isn't even that good.

Maybe Dickie V was right that UConn just won't be able to get enough good players in the AAC.

There is a talent gap. This was evident when we lost by 35 to Arkansas and needed OT to beat Columbia and Monmouth at home.

And we have that talent gap because our coach could not make it work with 3 of his freshman and 1 recruit. He allowed the most important part of coaching, relationships, to deteriorate and crumble with players he absolutely needed. Our fate this year, and perhaps his, was sealed by that failure.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We've had the best recruiting class in the conference every year we've been in the AAC. We had a top 10 class just last year, and were top 25 for this coming year before MAL found the exit (good for him).

We have 2 top 40 players and a bunch of other 4-stars on this team. Talent isn't the issue.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We've had the best recruiting class in the conference every year we've been in the AAC. We had a top 10 class just last year, and were top 25 for this coming year before MAL found the exit (good for him).

We have 2 top 40 players and a bunch of other 4-stars on this team. Talent isn't the issue.
Not all talent is created equal. Ours can t shoot, for instance.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

We have 2 top 40 players and a bunch of other 4-stars on this team. Talent is

Reaction Score
Wichita St has more talent from when they were in a worse conference. Ollie always plays small yet we have extra bigs warming the bench and we are caught short on the perimeter yet again. I get the Gilbert injury but still no excuse.

Reaction Score

The talent isn't as good as it could or should be. That doesn't stop mid majors in distant outposts like Spokane or Wichita KS. The players we have aren't being put in a position to succeed

Reaction Score
Completely agree. WAS at the game and now heading home because I don't see a team willing to defend a layup. KO is a dead man walking.

Reaction Score
2 Shiite fouls on us but no push off on the offensive dynamo chukwu prior to his dunk. Yeah. We are getting hosed. And duckie v can eat with the thought that cobbs clean steal was a foul. FWIW. I never complain about the refs. But this is bad.

Reaction Score
Where is the retention tho of this talent? We have people like MAL decomit and a rush of those top 10 guys leave. All excuses aside that needs to improve

Reaction Score
Fans are speaking with their metrocards. Much more cuse and nova fans here. We beat the team From Spokane though!

Reaction Score
How? Make our guys grow 5 inches and have jumpers? Take the refs out, we are down 4 with 6 turnovers. Stripes are killing us too. We have always had an issue with this defense save a few seasons of elite talent. This may be boogers longest team ever. Remember we were worried about not having enough guys to play 5 on 5? This team is so new it’s crazy. They can only be graded in January/ February. They need seasoning. Be a fan. This is not the 90’s or 2000’s so let’s stop looking in the rear view mirror. We will be better. By a bit by seasons end. Big teams will give us trouble until we get better bigs, but what top 100 big wants to play d,board,and screen for our historically guard focused system? Voskuhl is too old now.
Stop with the refs. That is a convenient and not relevant excuse. Syracuse is the FAR better team on the floor, and it's not even close.

Reaction Score
There is a talent gap. This was evident when we lost by 35 to Arkansas and needed OT to beat Columbia and Monmouth at home.

And we have that talent gap because our coach could not make it work with 3 of his freshman and 1 recruit. He allowed the most important part of coaching, relationships, to deteriorate and crumble with players he absolutely needed. Our fate this year, and perhaps his, was sealed by that failure.
I get it. Ollie didn’t go undefeated since he got here and is the worst coach in America. Does that make st James Calhoun a bad assessor of talent? Good thing Ollie had no issues to deal with in the program when he got his job. 3 kids with no love for defense left. Deuces.

Reaction Score
Stop with the refs. That is a convenient and not relevant excuse. Syracuse is the FAR better team on the floor, and it's not even close.
I won’t. But they are definitely a lot longer. And the refs are loose with the whistles. Was it like 18 to 5 in free throws in the 1st. Or close to that?

Reaction Score

Don't try to bring common sense to this argument. The apologists would rather whistle past the graveyard. We have a clueless coach. That is inarguable at this point. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

Reaction Score
I get it. Ollie didn’t go undefeated since he got here and is the worst coach in America. Does that make st James Calhoun a bad assessor of talent? Good thing Ollie had no issues to deal with in the program when he got his job. 3 kids with no love for defense left. Deuces.

Oh thank God the 3 kids who had no love for defense left. We may have given up 150 to Arkansas instead of 102.

Reaction Score
This is probably the worst Syracuse team I've ever seen and we look like a high school team against them. Much longer with Ollie and there won't be any program left to save.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom