Dimon Carrigan officially visiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan officially visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Well you can scratch TX off his list - Jerry Jones did not allow this with the Cowboys, so I don't see it playing out at a TX college even in relatively liberal Austin.

Given the NFLs ratings decline last season; this isn't exactly what UConn needs at the moment from a business perspective. He will have to do this for a long time because social justice for "everyone" will inherently prove to be a laudable but elusive goal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dimon Carrigan
I'm curious how some boneyarders would react to having a player kneel during the national anthem. Doesn't bother me for a second, but I think the fans are probably more conservative than the state average.

Can he play? Then not at all. Anyone who's not putting results on the court ahead of everything at this point is a fool.

Reaction Score
I'm curious how some boneyarders would react to having a player kneel during the national anthem. Doesn't bother me for a second, but I think the fans are probably more conservative than the state average.

This thread may go off the rails, very quick. Whether you agree with it or not, I think you have to admit that it is - objectively - a media draw. A media draw, in turn, can become a distraction. As long as the program is prepared to handle the distraction, I'm on board.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This thread may go off the rails, very quick. Whether you agree with it or not, I think you have to admit that it is - objectively - a media draw. A media draw, in turn, can become a distraction. As long as the program is prepared to handle the distraction, I'm on board.

I'll take a media draw. Keep UCONN in the national conversation by any means necessary (outside of APR ban nonsense).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Given the NFLs ratings decline last season; this isn't exactly what UConn needs at the moment from a business perspective. He will have to do this for a long time because social justice for "everyone" will inherently prove to be a laudable but elusive goal.

That likely had nothing to do with ratings decline. It's because the NFL is insistent as they can be on watering down its product (no celebrations, penalties for everything, etc etc).

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ruh-Roh ...

I'm ok with it, I can already hear multiple responses that aren't though ...

Reaction Score
Dimon Carrigan’s shot-blocking continues to turn heads - The Boston Globe

I think that link instead of the original will get you past the pay wall. Really good article from the Boston globe.

Of note:
- he's thinking of Woodstock academy next year. Right down the road from UConn.
- 6'9 but with a 7'3 wingspan.
- as we know hes been dominating EYBL

From the article:

In an act of demonstration, the senior took a knee during the national anthem before every varsity game this winter. Carrigan continues that practice today, even taking a knee during his high school graduation, and plans to stand by his beliefs at the collegiate level as well.

“I’m not going to stop until I feel like there’s a change for everyone in terms of social justice,” Carrigan said. “If [college] coaches don’t want that, then they can’t understand the person that I am.”

Seems like a really good kid. He's interested in activism and mentorship in the African American community. Definitely seems like a kid right up Ollies alley

I'd be proud as hell to have him on the team. I'll be in Woodstock a ton this fall, so I'll get to some games and share what I see.

Reaction Score
Teenagers love to think they're activists raging against the machine. Hopefully he grows out of it. But he can take that gargabe anywhere but UConn; I care less about the basketball team winning than I do my alma mater endorsing this crap

Reaction Score

Recruiting-wise that could actually be really beneficial for the demographic we recruit. I didn't think of it that way until now

Reaction Score
Teenagers love to think they're activists raging against the machine. Hopefully he grows out of it. But he can take that gargabe anywhere but UConn; I care less about the basketball team winning than I do my alma mater endorsing this crap
What would they be endorsing? Just curious

Edit: Actually don't answer this. I don't want to know. No politics

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
From the article:

In an act of demonstration, the senior took a knee during the national anthem before every varsity game this winter. Carrigan continues that practice today, even taking a knee during his high school graduation, and plans to stand by his beliefs at the collegiate level as well.

“I’m not going to stop until I feel like there’s a change for everyone in terms of social justice,” Carrigan said. “If [college] coaches don’t want that, then they can’t understand the person that I am.”

Seems like a really good kid. He's interested in activism and mentorship in the African American community. Definitely seems like a kid right up Ollies alley

I want this kid 10x more now.

Reaction Score
I opened a can of worms here.

Mods please lock if you think its appropriate.

I think this is actually relevant as far as his recruiting, but I don't think we can handle this appropriately, unfortunately

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I opened a can of worms here.

Mods please lock if you think its appropriate.

I think this is actually relevant as far as his recruiting, but I don't think we can handle this appropriately, unfortunately

It's very relevant to his recruitment, it appears ... Unfortunately.

People can voice their opinions without threads turning into total garbage, if done right.

Ironically, you could say the same about the kneeling. It's his form of expression that is within his boundaries of choice.

If people could disagree and discuss normally, both issues (kneeling and threads about kneeling getting locked) would be resolved.

Reaction Score
I want this kid 10x more now.

People can voice their opinions without threads turning into total garbage, if done right.

Ironically, you could say the same about the kneeling. It's his form of expression that is within his boundaries of choice.

If people could disagree and discuss normally, both issues (kneeling and threads about kneeling getting locked) would be resolved.

100% agree. And to be fair I'm guilty of being pretty asinine on here at times. Particularly when drinking ha!

Reaction Score
Dimon Carrigan’s shot-blocking continues to turn heads - The Boston Globe

I think that link instead of the original will get you past the pay wall. Really good article from the Boston globe.

Of note:
- he's thinking of Woodstock academy next year. Right down the road from UConn.
- 6'9 but with a 7'3 wingspan.
- as we know hes been dominating EYBL

From the article:

100% NO for me.

Reaction Score

All it takes is 2 posters to derail a thread. Id know, I've helped derail my fair share of threads lol

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
All it takes is 2 posters to derail a thread. Id know, I've helped derail my fair share of threads lol

Look at this! Admissions of past failures, seeing both sides of the aisle ...

HOPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul