Dimon Carrigan officially visiting | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan officially visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are in good shape.

Trying to get him to reclassify? Previous article said he was originally 17. Looks like a keeper but IDK how many raw bigs we want in the same class.

Reaction Score
He's visiting in September....what does this tell you about him reclassifying?

This response should have been way more brutal. I should actually read the tweet instead of just the title.

Reaction Score
Visiting Houston too

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Some talk that he could visit unofficially in Aug and could reclassify if he wanted... could all be talk

It's got to be one heck of a party! There is only one guy who has a "recent track record on that" and he is not in Storrs now. 911 Bunk - please

C

Chief00

We are in good shape.
Husky99 - I like your optimism - true many of us have been burnt by that lately - but it's a lot easier getting up each day optimistic than pessimistic. Hopefully, the guys who are making big bucks - will get much better assessing where we stand with recruits and making mid course corrections on our approach. The approach, effort and results have quite frankly been a disaster this past year - no sugar coating that.

I still don't see that organizational management - with no Elite Camp this summer at UConn. KO either needs to improve very quickly in that area or he needs to bring in an experienced business guy to save his butt.

Reaction Score
I get the distinct impression/feeling other coaches are painting an ugly picture of the situation in Storrs right now. Too many times we go from top ten to right out of the picture, I mean we haven't even been runners up with a kid in a long time. Hopefully someone sees this as an opportunity to come here and be the man and become the next great Husky, and that kind of statement signee opens up the floodgates for more.

Reaction Score
I get the distinct impression/feeling other coaches are painting an ugly picture of the situation in Storrs right now. Too many times we go from top ten to right out of the picture, I mean we haven't even been runners up with a kid in a long time. Hopefully someone sees this as an opportunity to come here and be the man and become the next great Husky, and that kind of statement signee opens up the floodgates for more.
we were just runner ups with Sid Wilson. It's an image problem for sure but it's pretty complicated.

Reaction Score
we were just runner ups with Sid Wilson. It's an image problem for sure but it's pretty complicated.

We also went from having the clear lead to being left by the wayside, and the way it went down we were out long before he finally committed. I get it, it's what coaches do - we just need a good win to flip the script on them.

Reaction Score
Dimon Carrigan’s shot-blocking continues to turn heads - The Boston Globe

I think that link instead of the original will get you past the pay wall. Really good article from the Boston globe.

Of note:
- he's thinking of Woodstock academy next year. Right down the road from uconn.
- 6'9 but with a 7'3 wingspan.
- as we know hes been dominating EYBL

From the article:

In an act of demonstration, the senior took a knee during the national anthem before every varsity game this winter. Carrigan continues that practice today, even taking a knee during his high school graduation, and plans to stand by his beliefs at the collegiate level as well.

“I’m not going to stop until I feel like there’s a change for everyone in terms of social justice,” Carrigan said. “If [college] coaches don’t want that, then they can’t understand the person that I am.”

Seems like a really good kid. He's interested in activism and mentorship in the African American community. Definitely seems like a kid right up Ollies alley

I'm curious how some boneyarders would react to having a player kneel during the national anthem. Doesn't bother me for a second, but I think the fans are probably more conservative than the state average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom