Dimon Carrigan officially visiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan officially visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

That likely had nothing to do with ratings decline. It's because the NFL is insistent as they can be on watering down its product (no celebrations, penalties for everything, etc etc).

So has a team signed Kaepernick? The answer is no. Look at what people do not what they say. Teams don't want the distractions. Setting aside if you agree or disagree with someone's views - a game isn't the forum to present political views - an athlete can do that outside the game.

pj

Reaction Score
JC often complained about players who were "too nice" and therefore not assertive enough on the floor. That won't be a problem with Dimon. It's easy to overlook mistakes about politics in a young man, courage to take a stand is a respectable trait, and he can contribute in a big way on the floor, so any objections from our side would be about his ability and willingness to cooperate with others. If KO can successfully recruit around his politics, and if he can get along well with teammates of different politics, then it will be OK.

Reaction Score
Here's how it plays out.....

If he chooses to come to UCONN: Love the kid and how he stands up for his beliefs.

If he doesn't choose UCONN: We're better off without him. Kid would have a problem and distracted the team.

C

Chief00

JC often complained about players who were "too nice" and therefore not assertive enough on the floor. That won't be a problem with Dimon. It's easy to overlook mistakes about politics in a young man, courage to take a stand is a respectable trait, and he can contribute in a big way on the floor, so any objections from our side would be about his ability and willingness to cooperate with others. If KO can successfully recruit around his politics, and if he can get along well with teammates of different politics, then it will be OK.
LOL - So true, Jim thought the 2004 team was his most talented but too nice other than Taliek.

C

Chief00

My final thought on this - we all have political views - but if you are smart - you don't share them at work or with customers.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
So has a team signed Kaepernick? The answer is no. Look at what people do not what they say. Teams don't want the distractions. Setting aside if you agree or disagree with someone's views - a game isn't the forum to present political views - an athlete can do that outside the game.
To be fair... Kaep had other issues like the pig/cop socks. Lets also not forget that he's not any good. If Kaep was as good as Brady or Rodgers he'd be on a team 100%.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Of course. Who wants a headache for very little return?

But do you think if Kap was as good as Brady he'd be unsigned? No, he'd be making $25mil per year wherever he wanted.

Fact is, the guy's not a good football player at this stage. And nobody wants a backup who's not capable of being a game manager. His style is a little more unique, so doesn't fit every system

C

Chief00

Of course. Who wants a headache for very little return?

But do you think if Kap was as good as Brady he'd be unsigned? No, he'd be making $25mil per year wherever he wanted.

Fact is, the guy's not a good football player at this stage. And nobody wants a backup who's not capable of being a game manager. His style is a little more unique, so doesn't fit every system

Agree Brady would get signed - but Brady is all about team too.

C

Chief00

Freedom of (non-verbal) speech.

I may disagree with what you are doing but would defend, to the death, your right to do it.
I agree - I am a free speech guy - but employers can set the rules in the workplace - you can quit and say anything you want unless you signed something.

Reaction Score
I agree - I am a free speech guy - but employers can set the rules in the workplace - you can quit and say anything you want unless you signed something.

People need to understand the idea that we are all guests on this board and must play by the rules. Freedom of speech does not apply here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom