DiJonai Carrington top-3 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

Reaction Score
If Westbrook is a bust after this season I don’t think future transfer would consider us since we do have a history of transfer not being successful when they come to UConn. And yes I know Azura was a good player but she was better at Duke.

Reaction Score
If Westbrook is a bust after this season I don’t think future transfer would consider us since we do have a history of transfer not being successful when they come to UConn. And yes I know Azura was a good player but she was better at Duke.

I don’t think Westbrook will be a bust. At Tennessee she had to do to many things especially playing PG. A walking turnover , she never let the game come to her and she has incredible vision. Evina was at her best playing lead scoring guard no doubt.

Reaction Score
Baylor is going to need more scoring punch from the perimeter. Don't think Kim has always been big on freshmen PG's but she will use them if they need to. My question with Oliver is she isn't a natural PG, she is better as an off guard but considering the area of need, Baylor will use her there mainly next year. J. Oliver has to improve her shooting, especially from the FT line, her numbers were horrendous. I think Andrews wins the PG spot eventually but it may be musical chairs early. Oliver likely gets the nod early due to being in the system for a year already.
Mulkey loved Didi at the point this past year when Cooper needed a break. Not sure it's the best use of her talents but she is a born leader.

Reaction Score
We'll see. Andrews is more of a scoring PG which could pair well with Richards since Didi is like a 2nd PG on the court but I think Oliver gets the edge. She did well in limited minutes last year. Could also see Ursin beginning the year in the starting lineup after being a steady contributor the last 2 seasons. Although Ursin may do best in a sparkplug off the bench type of role, she plays with a lot of energy.
Moon will be a starter! Now that carrington is with Baylor, the starting lineup will be Didi handling the point, moon and and carrington filling out the other 2 guard spots and then Egbo and smith in the frontcourt. Andrews and J. Oliver will back didi up! It’s not ideal for didi but she’s so good at setting everyone up. We’ll see what Kim mulkey does

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
she only has one year to play...............she has a better chance to have a basketball season in Texas then she does in CT.....
Charlie, please don't get agitated at me but, why do you use the word "then" instead of the word "than"? I've noticed it in some of your posts and you are not the only one. I know, it has nothing to do with basketball. Just wondering.:)

Reaction Score
Charlie, please don't get agitated at me but, why do you use the word "then" instead of the word "than"? I've noticed it in some of your posts and you are not the only one. I know, it has nothing to do with basketball. Just wondering.:)
We have TV anchors talking about less people instead of fewer, using relative instead of personal pronouns and journalists not knowing the difference between there and their. The English language is being murdered everywhere; this is just a minor infraction.

Reaction Score
Better off there, except for the medical stuff. She played ok, just not against us. Hope she’s enjoying life, but if she stayed another year she could have really been good.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Westbrook not meshing at UCONN wont deter future players from transferring in. Players never developed at Tennessee under Holly but that didn't deter them from continuing to come. All top players seem to transfer out of Maryland, yet they keep hauling in big names year after year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mulkey loved Didi at the point this past year when Cooper needed a break. Not sure it's the best use of her talents but she is a born leader.
With good reason! Didi led Baylor in assist this past season by a fairly wide margin:170 to Cooper's 137. Her A:TO ratio was phenomenal at 3.06. She also happens to be the reining DPOY and the best perimeter defender is WCBB=AA in the making.

Reaction Score
If she wants to start than she made the best decision. She would not have started at UConn and ppssibly not at Oregon. Mulkey is the one of the three coaches with backcourt questions to answer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she wants to start than she made the best decision. She would not have started at UConn and ppssibly not at Oregon. Mulkey is the one of the three coaches with backcourt questions to answer.
I agree. After sitting out most of the past season at Stanford with an injury, it is really important for Carrington to 1) get healthy, 2) play big minutes and 3) play well again in order to elevate her pro prospects. Playing 10-20 mpg as a reserve for UConn or Oregon would not have been the correct move for Carrington.

Reaction Score
We have TV anchors talking about less people instead of fewer, using relative instead of personal pronouns and journalists not knowing the difference between there and their. The English language is being murdered everywhere; this is just a minor infraction.

Come on, there are no jobs for journalists on television: entertainers- absolutely. Personally, I find the weather announcers to be the best. I think it might be where they send the nerds and the less savant.

Reaction Score
Come on, there are no jobs for journalists on television: entertainers- absolutely. Personally, I find the weather announcers to be the best. I think it might be where they send the nerds and the less savant.
Most of the weather announcers aren't real meteorologists though. One minute they could be doing traffic or sports or weather or out in the field reporting on whatever.

Reaction Score
If past history was all players considering schools looked at, you could make a case every transfer would want to go to UConn. Most players in pros, great player development, successful careers, etc.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This is quickly becoming a tiny footnote in UConn's off-season, but I thought it was interesting that Carrington said in her Instagram that she initially had wanted to come back to Stanford, but that there wasn't a spot (because Anna Wilson had already sought a medical redshirt), and by the time one opened up, she'd already decided to transfer. This is more or less what I had speculated:

This was true until Estella Moschkau announced she was graduating early and grad transferring to Wisconsin. When that happened, in theory there was a second scholly open for Carrington, but she chose to leave anyway. She had seemed settled on that even before Moschkau's announcement, however, so it's possible once the horse left the barn it was too late to close the doors.

I will say this: when there was only one scholly left to give, Tara could easily have given the medical red-shirt scholly to Carrington over Wilson, insofar as Carrington has been the more important contributor to our team. That she instead gave it to Wilson, who had applied first and has had a very injury-plagued couple of years at Stanford, says a ton Tara's character, who she is, and how she leads her team. Brava. I would absolutely love a third championship, and this choice marginally decreases our chances at one, and I have not even a sliver of a doubt Tara made the right choice.

As for Carrington, she landed someplace where she'll get plenty of opportunity for playing time and a chance to impress WNBA scouts, so best wishes to her. She has been a great representative of the university while wearing a Stanford uniform.

Reaction Score
Most of the weather announcers aren't real meteorologists though. One minute they could be doing traffic or sports or weather or out in the field reporting on whatever.
Lol..6 inches of snow is 6 inches of snow no matter who says it... :cool:

Reaction Score
Not on the Weather Channel. They are all meteorologists.

Reaction Score
```
yes, uconn has enough guards.

Reaction Score
Not on the Weather Channel. They are all meteorologists.
A higher percentage of them are compared to your average local TV station, but if you google their on-camera roster you will see some of their "meteorologists" have a degree only in broadcast journalism. Most stations have at least one real meteorologist that they pay more and designate as the chief who appears on the prime time shows or during severe weather, but very few will pay for a full fledged meteorologist for their weekend newscasts which get lower viewership.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom