DiJonai Carrington top-3 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

Reaction Score
I'd like to request that posters refrain from being so negative and critical on DJC. This thread is starting to look more like a TN or ND board thread then what we expect on the Boneyard.

Personally 10 players is not enough in this era of women's basketball no matter how many freshman need development. She comes from a blue chip high intelligence program and has demonstrated skill when healthy so if Geno believes out of all the transfer prospects that she can make a contribution to the program next year I'm on board.

Reaction Score
Carrington is an ABYSMAL shooter, that is evidenced by the fact that she has shot over .300% from 3pt range just one year in her career!

So are we calling Kelly Faris an "abysmal shooter" in her senior year because she was lousy as a freshman. The "one year" you cite was her last year. Are you trying to say players that show an improvement as a shooter from their freshman to their juniors years shooting have no shot to improve in the senior year?

So are you saying to ignore that the stats show the player is improving year over year, ignore the trends, ignore that players probably improve each year, instead use their years when they were underclassmen - as a key barometer?

IMO you just don't want her so you're ignoring the trends that happen to many upperclassmen - they improve just as their trends and her trends are showing. So despite her showing a big improvement for 3pt shooting .238 as a frosh, then .280 as a soph, then .330 as a junior -- are you saying that you can't see the improvement? Or you think the stats showing improvement should be ignored? So ignore all players trends? Or is it just this one player? Her trend is showing a steady climb, why should l I believe that it won't continue especially since she might have more opportunities to be wide open with UCONN? Why shouldn't I follow trends?
So I'm following trends here. So how is following trends "cherry-picking?"

Reaction Score
Think Megan Walker, who really improved her 3-pt shooting each and every year with UConn, or Mo who couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean when she got to UConn, but became a deadly 3-pt shooter by her senior season.

I'm with you on everything. But actually MoJeff was a very good 3pt shooter starting her soph year in which she shot 41.6%. Her jr year she was off-the-charts as she shot 49.6%.

While someone might come back at me and say "not every player improves" -- sure. But someone who shoots 49.6% from 3-- chances are they aren't going to improve that. Shooting that good is amazing. MoJeff was an amazing shooter her jr year.

It isn't "cherry-picking" though for us to expect a player that has showed improvement to continue to show it with more practice and experience unless their role significantly changes.

Reaction Score
Per IG she will announce her choice of the three on TV 6pm west coast time tomorrow. At 7 PM she will discuss live on IG.
She’s good & all but she’s acting like she’s the #1 transfer like Slocum or a former #1 recruit or something... just announce on social media like everybody else

Reaction Score
I have no idea where she ends up. I originally thought Oregon given the family connection and being a west coast girl. She recently started following many Baylor staff members. Kim has been really successful in the grad transfer market the last few years.

I feel like UCONN really likes where they are at with their roster, Baylor and Oregon could use this piece more for their teams next year given the losses of the seniors.

Reaction Score
Too old to be announcing a top 3 and the final decision on tv ..with only one year of eligibility and not really star player, I don’t get it

Reaction Score
due to more lax state health regulations her odds of actually playing basketball this coming season are better at Baylor and perhaps Oregon then UConn....................I'd bet this was brought up during recruiting talks by the other schools...........

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whats the age cut off for that? Is there also an age cut off for calling kids divas as well?
I don't know. My 5 year old niece used to act like one.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I wonder if being excessively judgmental is a side effect of being cooped up at home.
You wonder? Speaking from my own experience, it is uncontrovertibly true!

s-l500.jpg

Reaction Score
If she got an interest/offer from Geno, she is a Uconn type player.
As far as talent is concerned, yes. Geno has talked plenty about how he feels about things like this even with instagram live interviews recently. I stand by what I said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom