DiJonai Carrington top-3 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I have noticed that fans of each school has their reservations about Carrington joining their team.
Not me. I'd be more than happy for her to come back to the Farm. Ain't happening, but whichever team she chooses is getting a good one. Great player, great teammate, and gritty . She played peewee football against the boys growing up, and it shows on the court. Assuming she has two working knees, she will make a major contribution wherever she lands.

Reaction Score
Not me. I'd be more than happy for her to come back to the Farm. Ain't happening, but whichever team she chooses is getting a good one. Great player, great teammate, and gritty . She played peewee football against the boys growing up, and it shows on the court. Assuming she has two working knees, she will make a major contribution wherever she lands.
Anyone who says we don’t want her is crazy. I’ll throw her a welcome party. We need experience at the guard positions. She helps she helps, she doesn’t she doesn’t but why not take a chance on a player that has shown in the past that she can play at a high level against high level competition. It’s a no brainer. I don’t understand some people’s thinking, it’s just crazy. I think we need a rebounding big, without one, Carrington may be the player that puts us over the hump with a lot of firepower from the guard spot. Why not, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Reaction Score
We "Don't" need more guards. We have enough depth at the 3 guard positions. What we need is MORE DEPTH at the 4 and 5 positions. We need BIGS !!! (with the amount of Guards and Shooting Forwards, what adding more depth at the guard position will lead to will be transfers out of the program - Not worth it)

Anyone who says we don’t want her is crazy. I’ll throw her a welcome party. We need experience at the guard positions. She helps she helps, she doesn’t she doesn’t but why not take a chance on a player that has shown in the past that she can play at a high level against high level competition. It’s a no brainer. I don’t understand some people’s thinking, it’s just crazy. I think we need a rebounding big, without one, Carrington may be the player that puts us over the hump with a lot of firepower from the guard spot. Why not, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Reaction Score
We "Don't" need more guards. We have enough depth at the 3 guard positions. What we need is MORE DEPTH at the 4 and 5 positions. We need BIGS !!! (with the amount of Guards and Shooting Forwards, what adding more depth at the guard position will lead to will be transfers out of the program - Not worth it)
Geno thinks different and so do I, maybe the freshman or well definitely the freshman won’t be as good as Carrington so I would rather have her play if healthy than a struggling freshman. And if they wanna leave over minimal minutes as a freshman then good riddance. We tryin win now! I think also there’s enough minutes to go around. I do agree with us needing a big bruising rebounder, but I wouldn’t be mad if she came here and stole some of Nika’s minutes.

Reaction Score
Have you been involuntarily committed yet?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

Chemistry is at least as important as experience, particularly at the guard spot (which tends to develop faster), particularly with a teaching coach like Auriemma. I have no idea whether Carrington would help or hurt chemistry in the present, nor does anyone on the BY. There are reasons for either way. In either case there is a cost to future development of players.

And by preserving chemistry and looking to help the team in the present, let us keep in mind what the lofty goals are at UConn. Championships are the goal, Final Four is an acceptable consolation, after that you have folks on the BY standing on ledges. So if Carrington is going to help chemistry it better not be to the tune of a slightly higher MOV, or even an extra game or two won during the regular season. It better be the difference maker between getting a championship or not at the end of the season, when everyone now is more experienced, otherwise you've borrowed from future development for an unsatisfactory return in the present.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Carrington is the only GT UConn is recruiting I see no problem with going after her. However, if there are other GT UConn is seeking, the staff will be taking a big chance taking her and passing on another because of her injury history. They have nothing to lose if she is the only one, imo.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I must have missed all the posts of people "going wild" over Carrington. Maybe that's on the invisible thread titled Boneyarders Gone Wild?

Sounds to me like your bone to pick is really with the coaching staff, whom apparently you don't trust to evaluate talent or coach up a player.

I can most certainly assure you that if the "Euro players" (I take that to mean European?) can't get into the country, then there will be no season to fuss over.

Those of us who are not keen on this grad transfer are tilting at a windmill,cuz the decision is now in her hands. Yes, my bone to pick is with Geno and Co., because UConn has offered a to be sure talented player who is still in rehab (after going down in early November 2019). She did not have a 6th surgery last November. The best we can find out is she aggravated an old injury; that is some aggravation to be still rehabbing. I do get how they could decide "got nothing to lose." Should she chose UConn I'll be routing for her. Once a Husky....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If Carrington is the only GT UConn is recruiting I see no problem with going after her. However, if there are other GT UConn is seeking, the staff will be taking a big chance taking her and passing on another because of her injury history. They have nothing to lose if she is the only one, imo.
If you look at the list of players still available, I would argue that there are not any more left that would fit the UConn profile of skills and positional need. Heck DC is probably overstocking our guard/wing position but she also rebounds very well so we can use her. Taylor Mikesell is the only other player I saw on the list that fits the criteria of skills and experience but we are so deep at her positions, we couldn't use her.

Reaction Score
Carrington would disrupt the development of the guards we already have in place. We are going to face transfers from this position already because of playing time. If there is a need now it is for an experienced 4 or 5 but I am happy to stand pat if one is not available.

Reaction Score
So...did you see the WNBA draft where #1, #2 and #8 came from Oregon, all higher than any UConn players? Seems like development is okay there in Eugene lately. :rolleyes:
That was a once in a lifetime thing for Oregon. In Storrs, it happens every 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Carrington would disrupt the development of the guards we already have in place. We are going to face transfers from this position already because of playing time. If there is a need now it is for an experienced 4 or 5 but I am happy to stand pat if one is not available.

I don't know why some people think they know better what's good for the team than the coaching staff who I assume will always act in the best interest of the team.

Reaction Score
What if Muhl and/or Makurat are not able to get here due to pandemic? Not sure that Carrington would hinder development with the size of roster we have. At this time we have 10 players on the roster, 5 are freshman and Westbrook is coming off an injury.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To be honest, I am generally dubious of Transfers making an immediate impact and Graduate Transfers have an additional hurdle of 'unlearning' their old system and habits and fitting in to one of the most mentally tough systems in the game.

However, after seeing Anna do essentially the same thing gives me hope that the right 'High Basketball IQ' player could handle it. I am assuming coming from Stanford means she just might have what it takes to make the transition. Anyway, just being considered and her showing such respect to our program (and specifically coaching staff) is a good sign.

Reaction Score
Weird that old an older player would announce a top 3 and a highlight video competing against those 3.

Reaction Score
So has DJC given a timeline when she'll make a decision? How long must the chatter go on....

in a recent podcast she said she is still researching each team but the decision could be made as soon as she feels right about her choice...........I take that to mean fairly soon.........

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't know why some people think they know better what's good for the team than the coaching staff who I assume will always act in the best interest of the team.
Ummm, maybe because this is the Boneyard? :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What if Muhl and/or Makurat are not able to get here due to pandemic? Not sure that Carrington would hinder development with the size of roster we have. At this time we have 10 players on the roster, 5 are freshman and Westbrook is coming off an injury.

Sort of ironic there ...DiJonai is coming off a season ending injury in early November and still rehabbing.

Reaction Score
Exactly! Even still I agree with him, and about chemistry..... ummm they are all new, there is no chemistry. She’s here for a year only and it provides stability during those freshman walls that we all know they will run into. It would be a win win.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Didn't the coaching staff think that getting Evelyn Adebayo was in the best interest of the team? This is a WBB message board and they are just giving their opinions, whether they make sense or not.

Reaction Score
Didn't the coaching staff think that getting Evelyn Adebayo was in the best interest of the team? This is a WBB message board and they are just giving their opinions, whether they make sense or not.

I am sure they did. Sometimes things don't work out. They can express their opinions and I can express mine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom