Diamond | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I was wondering how a foreign player like Zandalisini gets to avoid the draft and yet the American players have to go through the draft, or am I missing something?

Reaction Score
Who gives a darn about DD potential. At some point you have to lace them up, step between the lines and prove you should be there. I haven't seen that yet so I don't understand all this "she could be the best player in the world" baloney. She hasn't put up any stats that should impress. As far as athletic ability... put it to use, like Gabby does. When she plays in the WNBA and does a good job I will praise her, until then, I guess she is just on a long list of players with potential that let it go to waste.

Reaction Score
My 2 cents Diamond has tremendous natural talent..... when saying that .... at the same time she has a lot of work to do on some aspects of her overall game to be the superstar many say she is.....

She will be high on the draft list next year.... the talent pool is not the same as the men.....

Reaction Score
I was wondering how a foreign player like Zandalisini gets to avoid the draft and yet the American players have to go through the draft, or am I missing something?

She didn't get to avoid the draft. Nobody wanted to draft her.

Reaction Score
Look we get it. There's no direct statements saying that Diamond was the cause of poor team chemistry last year. There is this little thing called "circumstantial evidence" and there is a mountain of it suggesting that Diamond and her bff Cooper were the main culprits.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to wait for your evidence that Diamond can hit contested perimeter shots. And no, two games worth of stats from Turkey don't outweigh 3 years of NCAA stats.
So, many of you have been making assumptions about a person and questioning her character based on rumors and heresay when you’ve never had any personal dealings with her? Yep, that sounds very mature and responsible.

And you’ll get my evidence when Diamond is taken High in the draft of the best and hardest league to make in the world. I think those people know a lot more about basketball than you do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, many of you have been making assumptions about a person and questioning her character based on rumors and here say when you’ve never had any personal dealings with her? Yep, that sounds very mature and responsible.

And you’ll get my evidence when Diamond is taken High in the draft of the best and hardest league to make in the world. I think those people know a lot more about basketball than you do.
Do you have any personal dealings with DD?
Or you just hear from the rumors?

Reaction Score
Do you have any personal dealings with DD?
Or you just hear from the rumors?
Nope. I’ve never had any personal dealings with her. Which is why you don’t see me on a message board questioning someone’s character when I’ve never met or had any personal dealings with them.

Reaction Score
People either like or don't like DD. Whatever. IDC. Career numbers ~18pts. 4ast. 1.5 stl. 33% from 3pt.
These are numbers put up against elite competition-not high school.

She is now averaging ~22+pts/gm in a professional setting.

You don't get to start let alone put up double figure points in an elite D1 program with bad work habits, lack of commitment or talent. You don't get an opportunity offered to you to play professionally if you are not polished, talented and focused.

She is outspoken and this rubs some the wrong way :confused:. Diamond will go#2 in the draft. She has all of the tools to play well and for a long time in the W.

Give her the same chance as any other

Reaction Score
She is outspoken and this rubs some the wrong way :confused:. Diamond will go#2 in the draft. She has all of the tools to play well and for a long time in the W.
You think DD is better than Gabby and Kia, and may be Z to be #2 draft in 2018?

Reaction Score
Nope. I’ve never had any personal dealings with her. Which is why you don’t see me on a message board questioning someone’s character when I’ve never met or had any personal dealings with them.
You don't have direct dealings and nor direct statements with or from DD.
But it is OK you said how good DD is.
And it is not OK for people said DD is not so good ???

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What_s_going_on_in_this_thread_nope_nevermind_3.png

Playing oversea, Saynia's number is 39 pts, how is DD's number?

Who is playing in a tougher league?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So, many of you have been making assumptions about a person and questioning her character based on rumors and heresay when you’ve never had any personal dealings with her? Yep, that sounds very mature and responsible.

I've watched her play. I've seen interviews with her. I've read some of her social media. So it's not just rumors that my opinion of her is based on.

What does Diamond going high in the draft have to do with your claim that she can make contested perimeter shots? (Answer: Nothing. You are moving the goalposts because you are demonstrably wrong and refuse to admit it). No one questioned that she's going to go high. Look at the first page. I said that I believe it's a toss up between she and Kelsey Mitchell as to who goes 2nd behind Wilson. That doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a superstar, though.

Reaction Score

All you and the rest of her admirers ever talk about is "potential" or point to a handful of games over 3 years where she excelled. She's never shown any consistent excellence or even consistent effort.

She dominated in high school. In college not so much. Some say she played with chronic injuries. My prediction is that she will be drafted in the top 5 or so but will not handle the physicality of the WNBA very well. Once or twice a game she will wow the crowd with a flashy play but if she doesn't get a dozen shots a game she will pout and demand a trade to a team that, in her own words, "makes her happy".

Reaction Score
You don't have direct dealings and nor direct statements with or from DD.
But it is OK you said how good DD is.
And it is not OK for people said DD is not so good ???
If you’ve noticed I’ve given my opinion on how good Diamond is. I’ve have never said anything about her personality or her character because I’ve never met or had any personal dealings with her. Questioning her character and saying she’s a bad person without any real evidence other than rumors is totally different than saying you don’t think she’s a good basketball player.

Reaction Score
I've watched her play. I've seen interviews with her. I've read some of her social media. So it's not just rumors that my opinion of her is based on.

What does Diamond going high in the draft have to do with your claim that she can make contested perimeter shots? (Answer: Nothing. You are moving the goalposts because you are demonstrably wrong and refuse to admit it). No one questioned that she's going to go high. Look at the first page. I said that I believe it's a toss up between she and Kelsey Mitchell as to who goes 2nd behind Wilson. That doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a superstar, though.
Because if she couldn’t she wouldn’t be going high in the draft. Do you see how that works? And what does seeing her play, do interviews, or stalking her social media page have to do with knowing if she’s a bad person or has good character? I want you to give me something she said on Twitter that would make her a bad person or make someone question her character. I’ll wait.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Because if she couldn’t she wouldn’t be going high in the draft. Do you see how that works?

No, because that's a false dichotomy. She's a below-average shooter from range but she's going to go high in the draft anyway.

Reaction Score
No, because that's a false dichotomy. She's a below-average shooter from range but she's going to go high in the draft anyway.
I said that the reason Diamond would get drafted high was because she has a pro game. Meaning she can make contested jump shots. So what does that have to do with her being a good shooter from three?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I said that the reason Diamond would get drafted high was because she has a pro game. Meaning she can make contested jump shots. So what does that have to do with her being a good shooter from three?

Her 3 point percentage is a measure of how good she is as a perimeter shooter. If I had stats on her jump shooting at other ranges, I would use that.

From the eye test, I have no memory of her being any better than average as a two-point jump shooter. She has many merits as a player. Her jump shot is low on the list.

Reaction Score
Her 3 point percentage is a measure of how good she is as a perimeter shooter. If I had stats on her jump shooting at other ranges, I would use that.

From the eye test, I have no memory of her being any better than average as a two-point jump shooter. She has many merits as a player. Her jump shot is low on the list.
No it’s not. Michael Jordan was a very good midrange jump shooter and an average three point shooter.

Reaction Score
IMO Diamond is a better pro prospect than both Gabby or Kia. Collier and Z are the best pro prospects on UConn.

Reaction Score
I didn't say that I think DD is better than Gabby or Kia. I said that she will be #2 in the draft. There is a big difference.
Take a look at my avatar picture. ====>she is one of my all time favorites. She is/should be a good catch during the draft. She is also a big risk. Azura is not coming out this year. I doubt that Geno would've taken her on as a transfer if she was going to be a one and done transfer.

From a GM's perspective: 3 players all relatively the same height (5'11-6'1). 2-3 different types of output. 2-3 different types of versatility.
  1. 10.6 pts 41% 3pt 2.4 R 3 ast 1 st
  2. 10.4 pts 00%3pt 2.3 R 3 ast 2 st
  3. 17.5 pts 33%3pt 5.5 R 4 ast 2 st
1 player who can play 2 positions. 1 player that is a big question mark . 1 player that can play 3 positions.
2 players that can shoot the 3. 1 player who has only made 1 three in six attempts in 3 years of play.

One player that can give you high double figure numbers, two that will just make double figures. One player will give you twice the rebounds and slightly more assists.

Put it another way. Do you pick a player with outstanding athleticism, with relatively no perimeter game, little mid range game who is drastically undersized at the 4 or the 5? Do you pick a player to play the point, 2-guard or 3, who has little experience at the D1 level?
Do you pick a player with average speed who doesn't really create a shot for themselves? Do you pick a good overall steady hand? Do you pick a better overall output?

If you objectively put down the +'s and -'s of each player. You pick the one with the most +'s and least -'s.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No it’s not. Michael Jordan was a very good midrange jump shooter and an average three point shooter.

I said it was a measure, not the only measure. Like I said we don't have a stat for what kind of a midrange shooter. From what I've seen, she's not a great one.

Michael Jordan's 2-pt% was 52.0 (not counting the Wizards years). Diamond's 2 pt % in her NCAA career was 46.2% Not quite the same.

Not to mention the fact that Jordan played 20 years ago and since then the game has evolved to more heavily emphasize the 3-point shot.

Reaction Score

Jordan had a lot more than DeShields has ever displayed, leadership being just one of them.

There's a lot more to being a successful pro than making jump shots. And she will be covered by pro wings, not the wings she faced in college. She shot 42% last season. You can drop that to 30% in the W. DeShields has flash, I'll give her that. Let's see how she handles getting knocked on her ass the first few times she tries floating through the lane.

Reaction Score
If Jordan played today, he would dominate just as he did during his time. Kobe would perform as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom