Diamond | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just remember there’s always two sides to every story.

As long as we're talking in cliches: Where there's smoke, there's fire ;)

Also there this from the Tennessean:

But if you watched this team at all last season, and certainly if you talked to this team at all last season, you know DeShields leaving might not be bad for chemistry.

“I think that’s the biggest thing we struggled with, which is one of the reasons we were so inconsistent,” Nared said of chemistry. “We hang out outside of basketball, it’s just a completely different group and it’s so much fun.”

Now why do you think the LVs "struggled" with chemistry last year and now it's "completely different" and "so much fun"?

To me, it's very clear that it's because DeShields and her BFF T'ea Cooper are gone...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can be uber athletic and still suck at basketball like Diamond. Or, you can be really athletic and awesome at basketball like Gabby!

Reaction Score
Act like what? I haven’t heard anyone from Tennessee come out and give any specific examples or directly call Diamond out.
I guess you havent been watching Tenn.much the last 3 years.

Reaction Score
A transfer player visited Tennessee and decided against playing there because of team chemistry problems when DD was there.
Who was she?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Which is the ability to shoot and make contested jump shots. That’s what separates the best perimeter players professionally. And what perimeter player has ever done anything in Holly’s offense? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that when Diamond actually played in a decent offensive system at UNC she was successful.

Diamond took 172 3s at UNC and made 27.9% of them. Since when can Diamond make contested jump shots?

She couldn't at UNC and she couldn't at Tennessee (24.8% and 33.3% from 3 in her two seasons there). As a pro perimeter player, to be great you really need range out to the 3-point line and Diamond has never had that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A transfer player visited Tennessee and decided against playing there because of team chemistry problems when DD was there.
Who was she?

One of these days you'll get your answer :p

Reaction Score
As long as we're talking in cliches: Where there's smoke, there's fire ;)

Also there this from the Tennessean:

But if you watched this team at all last season, and certainly if you talked to this team at all last season, you know DeShields leaving might not be bad for chemistry.

“I think that’s the biggest thing we struggled with, which is one of the reasons we were so inconsistent,” Nared said of chemistry. “We hang out outside of basketball, it’s just a completely different group and it’s so much fun.”

Now why do you think the LVs "struggled" with chemistry last year and now it's "completely different" and "so much fun"?

To me, it's very clear that it's because DeShields and her BFF T'ea Cooper are gone...
Again, give me direct statements not who or what you believe that player is talking about. The players that she played with at UNC also haven’t said anything about a player that according to some is a problem.

Reaction Score
Diamond took 172 3s at UNC and made 27.9% of them. Since when can Diamond make contested jump shots?

She couldn't at UNC and she couldn't at Tennessee (24.8% and 33.3% from 3 in her two seasons there). As a pro perimeter player, to be great you really need range out to the 3-point line and Diamond has never had that.
And since you’re great at looking up numbers why don’t you look up her numbers in Turkey.

Reaction Score
Who was she?
Again, more rumor and not anything direct.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Who was she?

Linnae Harper.

"Harper visited Tennessee two weeks ago, and while she liked the talent, the palpable chemistry issues within the team was something Harper noticed, sources told Swish Appeal."

Reaction Score
I guess you havent been watching Tenn.much the last 3 years.
I most certainly have. But you folks keep bringing up everything except for real actual evidence.

Reaction Score
Sorry. Great players consistently make contested jumpers. In her entire career DD hasn't consistently made any shot from the perimeter, nonetheless contested ones. A bad shooter is a bad shooter, and that usually doesn't change once the competitive level increases. I've said it before and I'll say it again. She's the J.R. Smith of WBB.
Lol, JR wished he had the ability of Diamond.

Reaction Score
An d Your posts are what? Just your opinion that many posters are asking for some sort of validation for. All you give them is her athletic potential. Fans generally do not run down their own players. If they do there has to be some substance behind it.
Again, GIVE ME DIRECT STATEMENTS!

Reaction Score
Linnae Harper.

"Harper visited Tennessee two weeks ago, and while she liked the talent, the palpable chemistry issues within the team was something Harper noticed, sources told Swish Appeal."
Okay... again, a source. More rumor/innuendo.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Again, give me direct statements not who or what you believe that player is talking about. The players that she played with at UNC also haven’t said anything about a player that according to some is a problem.

It's very clear what happened to anyone who isn't a member of her fan club. You have 30-some posts and they're almost all about Diamond. But you're just an unbiased Texas fan, right?

Cooper fought Nared. They forced Cooper out for instigating it. Diamond decided to leave. Chemistry suddenly much better. Hmm...WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAVE HAPPENED?

Reaction Score
I’ll continue to wait for something direct. But I’m afraid I might be waiting for years.

Reaction Score
It's very clear what happened to anyone who isn't a member of her fan club. You have 30-some posts and they're almost all about Diamond. But you're just an unbiased Texas fan, right?

Cooper fought Nared. They forced Cooper out for instigating it. Diamond decided to leave. Chemistry suddenly much better. Hmm...WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAVE HAPPENED?
Still waiting!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I’ll continue to wait for something direct. But I’m afraid I might be waiting for years.

Feel free to wait elsewhere. BTW, Linnae Harper saw it and said it. It was palpable!!!!!

Diamond has a lot of physical talent but she's selfish and lacks the innards (thanks to Doug Bruno) to be a great player. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Still waiting!

26.jpg

Reaction Score
Feel free to wait elsewhere. BTW, Linnae Harper saw it and said it. It was palpable!!!!!

Diamond has a lot of physical talent but she's selfish and lacks the innards (thanks to Doug Bruno) to be a great player. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Excuse me, but Did Harper say anything direct about Diamond? I’all wait.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So, you don’t have anything? Okay, thank you now I can take my nap. But feel free to give anything direct when you can.

Look we get it. There's no direct statements saying that Diamond was the cause of poor team chemistry last year. There is this little thing called "circumstantial evidence" and there is a mountain of it suggesting that Diamond and her bff Cooper were the main culprits.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to wait for your evidence that Diamond can hit contested perimeter shots. And no, two games worth of stats from Turkey don't outweigh 3 years of NCAA stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom