Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's 17 years old. Of course he wants to be on ESPN.
It's just not at all congruent with how he's handled his recruitment thus far. I'd expect it from Newman or someone like him who clearly enjoys the spotlight

Reaction Score
It's just not at all congruent with how he's handled his recruitment thus far. I'd expect it from Newman or someone like him who clearly enjoys the spotlight

I understand your point, but I think that's more his father than him keeping things low key. He's still a kid and I'm sure he would be excited if ESPN gives him the chance to announce his decision.

I guess once everything is finalized he parents are loosening the reigns and allowing him to enjoy the spotlight a little bit.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure it was announced in like June that he wanted to announce on ESPN.

Reaction Score

I don't get why this perception is so widely believed. How exactly has he handled his recruitment differently than Newman? Stone's father talks to the media a lot (recently disputing Diamond's commitment date). As far as their twitter's go, Stone is basking in the spotlight of all the attention from students of the schools recruiting him. Lot's and lot's of retweets. He might not have his own logo but the fact he may want to announce on ESPN is the least surprising news of all time.

Newman is the complete opposite on twitter. Extremely low key about his recruitment. Hasn't even released a list yet. No retweets whatsoever from all the people begging him to go to their school. I've seen a few quotes from his dad but not much.

So I ask everyone that feels this way, why is Stone so widely believed to be (I've seen this phrase often used on here) keeping his recruitment so "close to the vest?"

PS: There is nothing wrong with wanting the spotlight!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't get why this perception is so widely believed. How exactly has he handled his recruitment differently than Newman? Stone's father talks to the media a lot (recently disputing Diamond's commitment date). As far as their twitter's go, Stone is basking in the spotlight of all the attention from students of the schools recruiting him. Lot's and lot's of retweets. He might not have his own logo but the fact he may want to announce on ESPN is the least surprising news of all time.

Newman is the complete opposite on twitter. Extremely low key about his recruitment. Hasn't even released a list yet. No retweets whatsoever from all the people begging him to go to their school. I've seen a few quotes from his dad but not much.

So I ask everyone that feels this way, why is Stone so widely believed to be (I've seen this phrase often used on here) keeping his recruitment so "close to the vest?"
Were you paying attention to recruiting the last 12 months? Because if you were, you'd know it was Newman who was the most vocal about recruiting and certainly about the package deal with Stone. Newman is the one with his own website. When Stone was still a MASSIVE question mark re: UConn, many of us were more confident about Newman committing here and thought he was our best shot at landing Stone through the package. Stone has a rep for being so quiet because for the vast majority of the time we've been watching him, he really was quite quiet about his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Were you paying attention to recruiting the last 12 months? Because if you were, you'd know it was Newman who was the most vocal about recruiting and certainly about the package deal with Stone. Newman is the one with his own website. When Stone was still a MASSIVE question mark re: UConn, many of us were more confident about Newman committing here and thought he was our best shot at landing Stone through the package. Stone has a rep for being so quiet because for the vast majority of the time we've been watching him, he really was quite quiet about his recruitment.

Yes I have been paying attention. I understand Newman has a WEBSITE! OMG! Even a LOGO! Stone was "quite" only b/c his twitter was private. Only 5000 people got to see his thoughts. Once he opened it up about 5 or 6 months ago I can argue he's been the least "quite" recruit in the class of 2015.

Again, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting attention. I think it helps a player's game. You better like the spotlight when performing in front of millions of people. The only super star basketball player (I can think of) that shies away from attention is D Rose.

Man but you're probably right. NEWMAN HAS A WEBSITE!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Am I missing something??
His hs coach made a statement then was asked if his announcement will be on ESPN. The Coach said "depends on if they want to cover it"
How does this tell us about Diamond's psyche and character?
If I missed something, my apologies. Otherwise people are over-reacting. If ESPN wants to cover it, you want him to refuse?

Reaction Score
I'd love to see some links detailing this, because I recall the exact opposite. We've been in good with Stone forever, and he was basically the only reason we even got on Newman's list.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why do people try to pretend they have any sort of insight into these kids' personalities based off of a bunch of nothing.

None of us have any idea what these kids are actually like, so just freaking stop.

Reaction Score
Absolutely ridiculous posts are getting deleted. I didn't say anything offensive and don't mind be called an idiot. Is this just a Stone propaganda tread? How come all the negative stuff about Newman and Briscoe doesn't get deleted?

Reaction Score
I try to bring sourced information and opinions to this website. If you want to delete posts, delete the kids pretending to be insiders. That junk should be filtered out! The guy that runs the uconn recruiting Twitter (I believe @3uconn) is the only legit boneyard "reporter" on here. The dude hustles his butt off on Twitter to gain recruiting connections and interviews. He doesn't make crap up. The Fake Glazers of boneyard are way more offensive than my critisism of Stone.

Reaction Score
The kid has coach ollie coming out to Wisconsin after visiting storrs and hes going to watch a Uconn game at Yankee stadium. How much more obvious can it be? DIAMOND STONE IS GOING TO BE A HUSKY!!! Coach Ollies season is underway and hes got to prepare this team to defend its title with a largely new cast of players. Who would pull a coach half way across the country just to turn him down when he couldve done it during or after his visit with a phone call? I have no sources except common sense and it tells me hes coming here. I was on the wiscy board and it seems like a fore gone conclusion to many there that he is infact coming to Uconn. Id be stunned if he goes to Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
He posted something really ridiculous and offensive towards a recruit and I called him an idiot.

Offensive? The word obnoxious is offensive? I just feel a certain recruit is setting himself up to be hated by the fanbase he rejects. I think a twitter is a representation of one's personality. I don't think it's smart to basicly C----k tease all the fanbases on twitter.

Like I said before, Cue the nonsensical homers.

Reaction Score
The kid has coach ollie coming out to Wisconsin after visiting storrs and hes going to watch a Uconn game at Yankee stadium. How much more obvious can it be? DIAMOND STONE IS GOING TO BE A HUSKY!!! Coach Ollies season is underway and hes got to prepare this team to defend its title with a largely new cast of players. Who would pull a coach half way across the country just to turn him down when he couldve done it during or after his visit with a phone call? I have no sources except common sense and it tells me hes coming here. I was on the wiscy board and it seems like a fore gone conclusion to many there that he is infact coming to Uconn. Id be stunned if he goes to Wisconsin.

WHAT?!?!?! can i have a source regarding him coming to the stadium for the football game?

Reaction Score
He's not coming to the army game. That was a joke to entice the diamond-obsessive to come. Somehow it was skimmed over and interpreted as real. This thread is dangerous.

Reaction Score
CGarr said:
Yes I have been paying attention. I understand Newman has a WEBSITE! OMG! Even a LOGO! Stone was "quite" only b/c his twitter was private. Only 5000 people got to see his thoughts. Once he opened it up about 5 or 6 months ago I can argue he's been the least "quite" recruit in the class of 2015. Again, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting attention. I think it helps a player's game. You better like the spotlight when performing in front of millions of people. The only super star basketball player (I can think of) that shies away from attention is D Rose. Man but you're probably right. NEWMAN HAS A WEBSITE!

You do realize that in the post that you quoted, there was never the misspelling that you seem to enjoy mocking. Rocktheworld writes "quite quiet" at the end. I thought maybe he edited it after the fact, but you did the favor of quoting him, so the post you quoted was the way it was written as you responded to it. The quite function is good that way.

Reaction Score
You do realize that in the post that you quoted, there was never the misspelling that you seem to enjoy mocking. Rocktheworld writes "quite quiet" at the end. I thought maybe he edited it after the fact, but you did the favor of quoting him, so the post you quoted was the way it was written as you responded to it. The quite function is good that way.

huh? not sure how you made that connection. I am an awful speller. Hate grammar nazis. Spellcheck is my life line. If anything, I mocked the disdain of a future lotto pick having a website. It's 2014, these kid's domain names are snapped up when they're in 9th grade.

It was not my intention to get this thread off topic. I apologize. Back to the normal scheduled programing. Chief what are your sources saying?

Reaction Score
You have come to the right place.
DIAMOND STONE is absolutely perfect! (That make's me smart now, right?)

Despite thinking he's obnoxious, I really like Diamond. I don't like the fake sanctimonious posters that act like he's perfect while Newman and Briscoe are the devil.

Reaction Score
SORRY MY LAST ONE I PROMISE
I just figured out what you were talking about. Not mocking him at all. I'm just an idiot that spelled quiet wrong. In my defense the squiggly line comes under "quiet" for some reason. No excuses. 24 suspension starting now.
o-ASHAMEDANIMALS-facebook_zpsdd7aa060.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin