Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the best things that ever happened was the Summitt going dark... Their site deserves to remain hidden from public view.

I think Diamond transferring to Tennessee works in our favor. Had Diamond stayed at UNC, they would have been a threat to make the final four the next three years and a threat to win the NC in 2 or 3 years. I hope the rest of the freshman and young players at UNC continue to develop. They are still very talented and I wouldn't mind seeing them in a Final Four.
Diamond is not eligible to play for Tennessee next year so even if Tenn were to make the Final Four next year and I am not convinced they will, Diamond can't help them since she won't be playing. The following year Stewie will be a Senior and as someone else already mentioned I don't see Stewie losing in her Senior season. I am not sure Diamond will play more than 2 years at Tenn, but since she will be playing alongside her good friend Tea who knows.

Before the Summitt went dark, I remember some of their posters boasting about how very deep and talented the class of 13 was. They had very high expectations. One of the ingredients of our success, is if and when we have a down year in recruiting, UCONN usually bounces back with a stellar class the following year. And it also helps when the majority of the talent in one class is spread out over several other teams.

Reaction Score
Yes, HF515, I too am glad they have Diamond.... first of all for Diamond's sake, because everybody should be in the place where they are happiest. And for the LV's sake, for they had wanted her badly all along and now they have her.....

A lot of questions ... my biggest question remains how successful the coaching scheme will be.... with Diamond (who seems to have a univision mentality) and her influence on the rest of the team .... another question.... how well will she do....?? Obviously hopes are through the roof in KVille.... the same they were when Mercedes came last summer.... and to be a wet blanket for conjecture sake, if Mercedes was #1 overall and she was less than impressive last year, how will Diamond, #3 overall in her year, perform?

On Mercedes, I know, the TN folks have said, she had problems with bunions last year and that greatly affected her mobility..... I am not a medical person, but have known several folks with bunion issues, and to have any physical activity on the feet for them at all was out of the question.... so playing all last year is curious to me.... but I will not make any suppositions....

the other thing I wonder about Diamonds team is will Dangerfield join her hometown team with Te'a in the backcourt?

It will all be very interesting.

Reaction Score
Yes, HF515, I too am glad they have Diamond.... first of all for Diamond's sake, because everybody should be in the place where they are happiest. And for the LV's sake, for they had wanted her badly all along and now they have her.....

A lot of questions ... my biggest question remains how successful the coaching scheme will be.... with Diamond (who seems to have a univision mentality) and her influence on the rest of the team .... another question.... how well will she do....?? Obviously hopes are through the roof in KVille.... the same they were when Mercedes came last summer.... and to be a wet blanket for conjecture sake, if Mercedes was #1 overall and she was less than impressive last year, how will Diamond, #3 overall in her year, perform?

On Mercedes, I know, the TN folks have said, she had problems with bunions last year and that greatly affected her mobility..... I am not a medical person, but have known several folks with bunion issues, and to have any physical activity on the feet for them at all was out of the question.... so playing all last year is curious to me.... but I will not make any suppositions....

the other thing I wonder about Diamonds team is will Dangerfield join her hometown team with Te'a in the backcourt?

It will all be very interesting.
I would think that Dangerfield will be looking elsewhere. She has lots of great college basketball school options.

Reaction Score
O2 and a sedative STAT!!!!

I like Margo, however this is really over the top....I'm worried she may hurt herself

I agree, she usually goes crazy at the drop of a hat but this is insanity! In DD's 2 years at ROCKY TOP NATION, (she's not going to play her extra year as she'll turn pro) she and TN will NOT even make the Final 4 let alone win a NC! Then Margo can drink the "koolaid" and go to checkerboard heaven! I wonder if DD cut the same deal with Holly she cut with Sylvia to let her alone and let her do her thing without TN coaching interfering!

JS

Reaction Score
I agree, she usually goes crazy at the drop of a hat but this is insanity! In DD's 2 years at ROCKY TOP NATION, (she's not going to play her extra year as she'll turn pro) she and TN will NOT even make the Final 4 let alone win a NC! Then Margo can drink the "koolaid" and go to checkerboard heaven! I wonder if DD cut the same deal with Holly she cut with Sylvia to let her alone and let her do her thing without TN coaching interfering!
Geez, VIKES, you burn with a white-hot intensity, and maybe not just because of the habitual exclamation points after every sentence.

Must say your posts, even though generally within the rules (sometimes barely, and sometimes only after a little pruning) always attract a moderator's attention.

Well, we have to do something to keep busy.

Not saying you should change, but will note that you're responding to a post recommending O2 and a sedative for someone else. Maybe Margo would be amenable to sharing.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

my comment was tongue in cheek as I genuinely like Margo. I really don't like what you are saying but mostly, I don't like my post being associated with yours - at all.

Reaction Score
I believe she just got tired of getting A's for classes she didn't have to attend (I'm just saying).
Real achievers get disillusioned real quick with that kind of establishment.
Good for UT for getting her out of there.

Reaction Score
Good article by ESPN, and again, good luck to Diamond when she starts up play in KVille.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I haven't seen this aspect mentioned, but I may just have missed it. If, indeed, DD is transferring to UT because her buddy Cooper is going there, that COUILD create some chemistry problems; not quite a sister deal, but smacking thereof. We all know how leery Geno has been of package deals, and why he has. If DD does not think that Cooper is getting enough playing time or being used properly, or vice versa, if other players come to feel that one of them is getting special treatment because of her relationship to the other, or that they are not relating to the other players as equal teammates, etc. Could create some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom