Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't see any of the conversation since I don't have a "pass" into the Summitt. However, congrats and can we now move on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's nice.... anyone got some bazooka chewing gum?

One Bored Boo
Loved that stuff.

bazooka-bubble-gum--large-msg-134911864202.jpg

Reaction Score
I have to say...the last few years have been tough on Rocky Top. Pat's illness. Transition period. No final four. New coach and staff. However, today the sun is shining brightly on Rocky Top. I want to see TN and UCONN battle like the old days. Looks like we are headed for a collision course. As a fan of WCBB, I like that.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Now let's see if we can predict the excuses when TN doesn't win a NC with Diamond...

"We're still such a young team!"
"The refs hate us!"
"Doris Burke is a UConn fan!"
"But they feed their recruits Wendy's!"
"At least our SOS is the best in the country!"

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
And when the losses and early exits continue the panic will return.
Ah, the synchronicity... I was thinking the same thing a few moments ago.

The amazing Bookreskin

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I have to say...the last few years have been tough on Rocky Top. Pat's illness. Transition period. No final four. New coach and staff. However, today.

we have a new problem; a young woman previously ensconced in North Carolina has decided she prefers our player/coaching gig. :)

Reaction Score
Her going to Tenessee may put the Lady Vols back into the top 3, 4, or 5 teams in the country again, like the Summit days 10 plus years ago....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO this has been in the works for about a year. Te'a and Diamond made this arrangement sometime during Diamond's time at UNC. Te'a apparently is better friends with Diamond then the players she convinced to go to UNC with her. Also Diamond realized she made a mistake by not going with the Lady Vols since she and her family had extremely close ties prior to her commitment to UNC. Great Get for the Lady Vols. Now we'll see how great of a coach Holly is.

If I was Sylvia, I would have never allowed Diamond to transfer to Tenn.

Added: BTW, I'm not saying the Lady Vols were part of any collusion and that there was tampering by the Lady Vols while Diamond was on UNC's roster.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Her going to Tenessee may put the Lady Vols back into the top 3, 4, or 5 teams in the country again, like the Summit days 10 plus years ago....

It will certainly help...but not until 2015-16.

Reaction Score
IMHO this has been in the works for about a year. Te'a and Diamond made this arrangement sometime during Diamond's time at UNC. Te'a apparently is better friends with Diamond then the players she convinced to go to UNC with her. Also Diamond realized she made a mistake by not going with the Lady Vols since she and her family had extremely close ties prior to her commitment to UNC. Great Get for the Lady Vols. Now we'll see how great of a coach Holly is.
Although your theory could never be proven, that's pretty shady if true.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Pretty cool for Diamond that she gets to play with her best friend for 3 years. Which I guess was the plan all along. It was just a bit messy getting there.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

If I was Sylvia, I would have never allowed Diamond to transfer to Tenn.

Added: BTW, I'm not saying the Lady Vols were part of any collusion and that there was tampering by the Lady Vols while Diamond was on UNC's roster.

All speculation with not once ounce of evidence. How can you say that they made this arrangement while Diamond was at UNC when you have not factual evidence? That is not giving Cooper much credit as a free thinker who is capable of making her own decisions.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This will make things very interesting in a couple of years with UCONN, USC and Tennessee loaded with top talent. Diamond will come in as a better prepared player for NCAA play than Samuelson, but she won't have Stewart next to her. The real impact will be in 20116-17.

This will really make things fun on this board...another reason to hate UT and Diamond. Life is fun.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
All speculation with not once ounce of evidence. How can you say that they made this arrangement while Diamond was at UNC when you have not factual evidence? That is not giving Cooper much credit as a free thinker who is capable of making her own decisions.
I would be interested in knowing why Diamond decided to switch from UNC to Tenn. Perhaps someday she'll write a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom