Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
She did...and look at the result...two championships in three years of play. Could be that Diamond leads UT to two championships?
True, but extenuating circumstances, UConn had a few down years, while Parker had a strong supporting cast. I always felt Parker could have been a much better player with the right coaching. That is, someone to push her limits, and round out her game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This will make things very interesting in a couple of years with UCONN, USC and Tennessee loaded with top talent.

And Duke. And North Carolina (still). And Notre Dame.

Diamond is a great player but I actually think UNC has some serious Ewing Theory potential

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She did...and look at the result...two championships in three years of play. Could be that Diamond leads UT to two championships?
Diamond is nowhere near the player that Candace is. She's very, very talented, but Candace is one of the top players in the world.

Reaction Score
Anddddd it starts! Lol She hasn't even played a game in Orange yet people...don't tear us down, wait until we have a chance to finally play each other again...we do have a 3 game win streak going! Even though those game don't really count! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Anddddd it starts! Lol She hasn't even played a game in Orange yet people...don't tear us down, wait until we have a chance to finally play each other again...we do have a 3 game win streak going! Even though those game don't really count! :rolleyes:
And when might that be?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That is true, you do! I think we are ahead overall, though, especially where it really counts (8<9)

Plus, we have a nice little 46-win streak going on...not too shabby!

Reaction Score
And when might that be?
Your guess Is as good as mine! My crystal ball says NC game next year and in 2016 with Diamond. I don't see the series starting back anytime soon so the Tournament will be the only place....IF we can make it that far!

Reaction Score
That is true, you do! I think we are ahead overall, though, especially where it really counts (8<9)

Not shabby at all! To me the regular season is all nice and stuff for seeding purposes and rankings but the NC game is what counts and I'm not blind to UCONN owning Tenn in that department but like I said some time ago..Holly will be the first to beat Geno in a championship game. Its destiny! Lmao

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Your guess Is as good as mine! My crystal ball says NC game next year and in 2016 with Diamond. I don't see the series starting back anytime soon so the Tournament will be the only place....IF we can make it that far!

I'm sorry, I see scant evidence for UTenn getting to the National Championship Game next season.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="sarals24, post: 987962, member: 174]That is true, you do! I think we are ahead overall, though, especially where it really counts (8<9)

Not shabby at all! To me the regular season is all nice and stuff for seeding purposes and rankings but the NC game is what counts and I'm not blind to UCONN owning Tenn in that department but like I said some time ago..Holly will be the first to beat Geno in a championship game. Its destiny! Lmao[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right - Margo says we are seeing the Holly era beginning to unfold. I sense doom, as do most other UCONN fans, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:(:(Well,I for one am worried with Tenn. getting DD.This could be a big problem for UCONN next year.But, they will be tough with what they have this year!!Not interested in playing them!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
2015-16 and 2016-17 could shape up to be pretty interesting seasons in women's basketball, as there will be more talented teams out there who can potentially compete with UCONN. Tennessee will have DeShields, Russell, Nared, and Graves--all players who were top 5 recruits. A lot of UT fans are hopeful/expecting Russell to break out next season, Nared should be a strong contributer from day 1, and Graves was a major force as a freshman, hoping she returns to form this season. DeShields is the best wing Tennessee has had come in since Tamika Catchings. Historically, Tennessee has never thrived on having a balanced attack, they've won titles with an obvious go to player, ala Gordon, Holdsclaw, Parker, carrying the load. Even when Tennessee has had trouble scoring in a halfcourt set, they've had these strong wings who can create on their own and carry the team. Not sure DeShields will end up that caliber of player, but she does provide an immediate presence as a NPOY contender and a player capable of carrying the scoring load. It's a different era with different coaches, different players and a different landscape, but if chemistry goes well, I think Tennessee should be a lock for Final Four during DeShields career.

Reaction Score
All speculation with not once ounce of evidence. How can you say that they made this arrangement while Diamond was at UNC when you have not factual evidence? That is not giving Cooper much credit as a free thinker who is capable of making her own decisions.
That's probably why it was prefaced with IMHO.

Reaction Score
:(:(Well,I for one am worried with Tenn. getting DD.This could be a big problem for UCONN next year.But, they will be tough with what they have this year!!Not interested in playing them!!

Thank you for seeing the talent there. Diamond is one of those "Star" players you need to win a NC IMO...however I'm more excited for next year as well
The year after that we gain Diamond but lose Harrison!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Te'a is a free thinker, she has been a silent verbal to the Lady Vols for quite a long time. There was never a doubt on where Te'a was going to matriculate. One of the primary reasons her verbal was silent was because of her participation in the MTV Reality show where plans were made to make her college announcement as part of the show.

Diamond's family and others knew she was unhappy at UNC as evidenced by her mother's statement. Tisha said that Diamond didn’t make a last-minute decision. Instead, her daughter had been praying about it and struggled with the choice the entire year. Read Mechelle's article on Diamond's tranfer and some the the conversations she had with Diamond during the season. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...s-freshman-diamond-deshields-decides-transfer. Diamond and Te'a are best friends and you can bet they had discussions concerning how unhappy Diamond was at UNC and discussed the possibility of playing together if Diamond made the decision to transfer. Diamond realized she made a mistake going to UNC and is transferring to the Lady Vols where she probably should have started her college career at.

All speculation with not once ounce of evidence. How can you say that they made this arrangement while Diamond was at UNC when you have not factual evidence? That is not giving Cooper much credit as a free thinker who is capable of making her own decisions.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
all speculation not one ounce of evidence

There's a lot of that one this thread and on numerous subjects.

It has been said by many people that Tennessee's problem is lack of a cohesive unit, lack of an offense, and a scoring game dependent upon rebounding and a quick shot.

That hasn't changed any that I can see. Tennessee still has to correct these problems in order to consistently win and get to the final four, no matter who is on the team. That is coaching and as far as I can see, the coaching hasn't changed much (sorry Margo).

Holly can sit back and hope that these two with the rest of the Vols can get the Ws, but I believe she would be better off orchestrating a working offense with players who can react within the game and counteract whatever the opponent is throwing at them defensively...for starters.....

I am firmly in the category of "wait and see"

Congrats on getting Deshields, though seriously it was not a surprise to me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Te'a is a free thinker, she has been a silent verbal to the Lady Vols for quite a long time. There was never a doubt on where Te'a was going to matriculate. One of the primary reasons her verbal was silent was because of her participation in the MTV Reality show where plans were made to make her college announcement as part of the show.

Diamond's family and others knew she was unhappy at UNC as evidenced by her mother's statement. Tisha said that Diamond didn’t make a last-minute decision. Instead, her daughter had been praying about it and struggled with the choice the entire year. Read Mechelle's article on Diamond's tranfer and some the the conversations she had with Diamond during the season. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...s-freshman-diamond-deshields-decides-transfer. Diamond and Te'a are best friends and you can bet they had discussions concerning how unhappy Diamond was at UNC and discussed the possibility of playing together if Diamond made the decision to transfer. Diamond realized she made a mistake going to UNC and is transferring to the Lady Vols where she probably should have started her college career at.

I agree that this is where she should have been all along.

Reaction Score
I think Durr can now cross Rocky Top off her list.
Not so fast there! Lol although we so need post players...If Ms Durr wants to be a LadyVol she will be but with the current rotation of guards, I would say we move down her list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom