Devin Robinson | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Devin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some notes on him from Indiana's Scout site. Nothing directly from his camp, so take with a grain of salt:

Pre-visit:
I talked to some people close to Robinson this week who identified Indiana and Connecticut as his two leaders at this point. But Robinson scheduled five official visits, and has already taken trips to Notre Dame and Oklahoma State. He's scheduled to visit Florida next weekend and UCONN the weekend after that.
I'm sure he'll be overwhelmed by the Hoosier Hysteria experience, but a source close to him said he's had a hard time making up his mind.

"One day he's pro-pro UCONN, the next he's pro-pro Indiana," the source said. "It's been hard for him to figure out.

Post-visit:
Robinson's high school coach at Christchurch in Virginia, Ben Thompson said the Hoosiers improved their position with Robinson over the weekend.

"If I had to grade the visit, I'd definitely give it an 'A'," Thompson said. "They really made up some ground this weekend. He could hear about how great Hoosier Hysteria is and all of that, but actually doing it is different. And he really enjoyed that experience."

Robinson continues to be Indiana's primary target in the 2014 class. The long, versatile forward is the fifth-ranked power forward and has risen quickly in the last six months. UCONN has been recruiting Robinson the longest, but a source told AllHoosiers.com that the Big East's realignment hurt the Huskies in Robinson's eyes.

Robinson's visit to Florida this weekend will be extremely important. The Gators remain in good position with Robinson, but it'll be interesting to see how the staff handles his visit given that there won't be a home football game next weekend or Midnight Madness. Florida won't have quite the same luxuries Tom Crean and his staff had this past weekend with Hoosier Hysteria going on.

Reaction Score
Some notes on him from Indiana's Scout site. Nothing directly from his camp, so take with a grain of salt:

Pre-visit:

Post-visit:

Sounds to me like nothing happened that UConn can't overcome. I'd be worried about Florida.
The #1 thing for all players is playing time. Doesn't matter how "hysterical" people can get or how fine they look in candy strips, you need to offer playing time.

caw

Reaction Score
Not sure the two reports mesh. The pre says he goes back and forth and the post says UConn lost status because of the AAC. So UConn was far ahead before the AAC thing? But the AAC thing happened before UConn started recruiting him. I'm confused.

Reaction Score
"If I had to grade the visit, I'd definitely give it an 'A'," Thompson said. "They really made up some ground this weekend. He could hear about how great Hoosier Hysteria is and all of that, but actually doing it is different. And he really enjoyed that experience."

Who did they "make up ground" on? Us?

Might have just misspoke, interesting quote though.

caw

Reaction Score

Who did they "make up ground" on? Us?

Might have just misspoke, interesting quote though.

The high school coach seems to prefer IU, wonder how much input he has. I know nothing about him.

Reaction Score
Not sure the two reports mesh. The pre says he goes back and forth and the post says UConn lost status because of the AAC. So UConn was far ahead before the AAC thing? But the AAC thing happened before UConn started recruiting him. I'm confused.

The high school coach said earlier that UConn stopped contacting him. The coach seems to be somewhat of a different source than the Squires AAU coaches. So, everything with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
I think it's going to really pay off that we discovered Robinson's abilities before the other big boys and it will help being his last visit. Let's be loud and make Devin's weekend at UConn memorable.

Reaction Score
Indiana is a great school, great fans, great history, and they are in basketball heaven there.
But I just can't imagine anyone entrusting their future to Creepy Crean.

caw

Reaction Score
The high school coach said earlier that UConn stopped contacting him. The coach seems to be somewhat of a different source than the Squires AAU coaches. So, everything with a grain of salt.

At the least I think we can all agree that UConn is still recruiting him and he is still interested.

Reaction Score
On the personable scale, Ollie's about a 12 and Crean a 2. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but we haven't heard much in regards to Robinson's relationship with Crean. If Robinson prefers one over the other, that could be the difference.

Plus, if it is true that Robinson has been waffling back and forth a lot, it has to help us that we have the last visit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
On the personable scale, Ollie's about a 12 and Crean a 2. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but we haven't heard much in regards to Robinson's relationship with Crean. If Robinson prefers one over the other, that could be the difference.

Plus, if it is true that Robinson has been waffling back and forth a lot, it has to help us that we have the last visit.
I was thinking that too. I wouldn't underestimate the aura that Indiana tried to lay all over him with regards to their history and the size and scope if IU hoops in that state. One thing that might tip the scales is the incredible group of guards and wings UCONN already has who would be playing with him for at least 2 and possibly 3 years at UCONN. Not sure if Indiana has as many talented kids at the guard/wing spot as UCONN.

They did land Vonleh, a 5 star forward, and Williams, Robinson, and Fisher - 4 star wing/guard/center for 2013. in 2014 they only have 4-star Johnson - another guard. Well, maybe it's a draw? I do think that Hamilton and Purvis are better than what IU has, but IU certainly has more "star" power in the past 2 years as commits...

Reaction Score

Exactly - let's remember that they're playing catch-up with us. Good on them if they've pulled even, or even slightly ahead, but we've been playing the long game and we have the last shot with the short game.

We also have a far superior record of putting players into the league for the last 25 years. UConn has produced six all-stars and earnings of close to $1 billion. IU has zero and less than $100 million.

And then there's NCAA titles. We've won as many in the last 15 years as they have in the last 50.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Exactly - let's remember that they're playing catch-up with us. Good on them if they've pulled even, or even slightly ahead, but we've been playing the long game and we have the last shot with the short game.

We also have a far superior record of putting players into the league for the last 25 years. UConn has produced six all-stars and earnings of close to $1 billion. IU has zero and less than $100 million.

And then there's NCAA titles. We've won as many in the last 15 years as they have in the last 50.
And we will have a brand new practice facility to spend all his time in!

D

Deleted member 3149

No way the new conference actually impacted his decision. Someone is throwing rumors around for sure.

Reaction Score
With seemingly nothing being leaked, people just make up crap. Somehow that makes them seem self-important. Here's hoping his visit here goes great!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He changed his Twitter name to Jesus Shuttlesworth...

take that with a grain of salt...

Reaction Score
I hate to bring up his name but if we lose out on Robinson do you think Kasongo is the backup plan? Seems pretty obvious he wants to be a Husky, especially after him retweeting Cassell and tweeting him congrats today.

C

Chief00

I don't know if we have a go to player on the current team to show guys around?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The best classic rock song ever imo. You never hear anybody say that they don't like that song.

Not better than Bohemian Rhapsody. <-- that is the best classic rock song ever hands down.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not better than Bohemian Rhapsody. <-- that is the best classic rock song ever hands down.

If you polled a lot of people who were at least 40 years old or who grew up with classic rock, the likely winner of a poll would be Stairway to Heaven. I was looking on You Tube for some music video and came across a bunch of the Top Ten _____ (best vocalist, best guitar, best etc.) and when you look at top 100 or 500 rock songs of all time, Stairway to Heaven is about 50/50 to be #1. It's not my favorite and I'm not debating it (it's just a subjective preference), but was surprised to see that much consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom