Devin Robinson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Devin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
But, it was reported that after Okie State showed up at the airport to greet DR, and after the Johnson's showed up at the front porch for when DR arrived, the family asked all involved to leave them alone. So, who knows.

Thus "to some extent"

Reaction Score
@3Uconn What are the realistic chances we land Devin Robinson... This kid is an absolute stud and needs to be in a UConn uniform. I know his recruitment has been quiet, but what are you thinking?
Many ideas have been covered so far in this thread. Here's what I think about his recruitment:
-IU leads due to the fact his friend is committed and is recruiting him hard and he will be there for Hoosier Hysteria which is always a great event
-His AAU coaches are big fans of UConn and Ollie
-Schools are visiting him so much his family told teams not to come for a wee or two

With that being said there are rumors UConn may have backed off, but I haven't been told any of that. It's hard for anybody to get any information out of his camp. This is how I think his schools stack up right now, 1. Indiana 2. UConn T3. His other 3 schools. However, that's just a guess.

Reaction Score
Many ideas have been covered so far in this thread. Here's what I think about his recruitment:
-IU leads due to the fact his friend is committed and is recruiting him hard and he will be there for Hoosier Hysteria which is always a great event
-His AAU coaches are big fans of UConn and Ollie
-Schools are visiting him so much his family told teams not to come for a wee or two

With that being said there are rumors UConn may have backed off, but I haven't been told any of that. It's hard for anybody to get any information out of his camp. This is how I think his schools stack up right now, 1. Indiana 2. UConn T3. His other 3 schools. However, that's just a guess.

Unless UConn has an early commit from Rabb or Boatwright, then backing off Robinson seems preposterous.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Maybe they decided to give him some space after he told teams to stop visiting?

I'm calling BS on UConn backing off a kid as good as Robinson.

Reaction Score
Really, why would any recruit ever consider to Indiana, when they know they have to walk out onto the court, in public, in those silly red & white striped clown pants? Seriously, clown pants and they expect recruits to find that appealing???

Reaction Score
Really, why would any recruit ever consider to Indiana, when they know they have to walk out onto the court, in public, in those silly red & white striped clown pants? Seriously, clown pants and they expect recruits to find that appealing???

helmet.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I hope Indiana patched the moth holes in the national championship banner they won 30 years ago. Indiana: all flash, no substance.

Reaction Score
If Devin plans on deciding based on the magnitude of the fan bases, we're going to get absolutely ripped to shreds. Indiana can put on a far, far better spectacle than we can - I've never been in such a position, but I can imagine the strongest of people would crumble in the face of thousands of fans screaming their name and commit on the spot. I'm sure it will be tough for KO and staff to relax until the kid is back home Sunday.

Reaction Score
If Devin plans on deciding based on the magnitude of the fan bases, we're going to get absolutely ripped to shreds. Indiana can put on a far, far better spectacle than we can - I've never been in such a position, but I can imagine the strongest of people would crumble in the face of thousands of fans screaming their name and commit on the spot. I'm sure it will be tough for KO and staff to relax until the kid is back home Sunday.

Don't worry. The local delicacy is fried cow brain sandwiches. Goodluck was sold, all the fans and hoopla and adulation, then sat down to a traditional dinner with the Hoosiers, got up and went straight to Vegas. He was so out of his mind that he lost the $40 he had on him on the slots. He practically begged UNLV to take him.

Reaction Score
Don't worry. The local delicacy is fried cow brain sandwiches. Goodluck was sold, all the fans and hoopla and adulation, then sat down to a traditional dinner with the Hoosiers, got up and went straight to Vegas. He was so out of his mind that he lost the $40 he had on him on the slots. He practically begged UNLV to take him.

Crean's our secret weapon. D-Rob seems like kind of a chill dude - think Donyell. Crean's certifiable. That's why I hold out hope on this one.

caw

Reaction Score
Crean just sucks as an in game coach. He is dreadful. He is a fantastic salesman, a good motivator and pretty darn solid at developing players. He also has a good eye for talent, it seems. All that and I've never seen a more ill prepared team that couldn't adjust at all. He would be the perfect assistant.

Reaction Score

Wasn't always that way. We're not that far gone from the days when our fans would spontaneously line I-84 to wave at the team bus coming back from Bradley. The 2004 twin titles were nuts too. And then it's declined from there. Now we're pretty ordinary mania-wise.

Reaction Score
Is that how it is nowadays in Storrs, I live out of state now but I used to go every year starting with the Midnight madnesses to the tamer versions, I always had I good time. You're telling me Storrs doesn't put on a good show anymore and we can't "woo" a recruit. I'm not buying it, I've lived in Chicago for a long time, dealt with Indiana fans and they have nothing on us. Have a couple of die hard Husky fans out here with me and I've converted a couple. Never sell our fanbase short.

Reaction Score
Is that how it is nowadays in Storrs, I live out of state now but I used to go every year starting with the Midnight madnesses to the tamer versions, I always had I good time. You're telling me Storrs doesn't put on a good show anymore and we can't "woo" a recruit. I'm not buying it, I've lived in Chicago for a long time, dealt with Indiana fans and they have nothing on us. Have a couple of die hard Husky fans out here with me and I've converted a couple. Never sell our fanbase short.

They play "fun" games with the women's team super john, even Simon Says so you figure it out............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
All one has to know about Crean is that the Cuse beat his top ranked team in the Dance this year.JB's teams not noted for production in the Dance especially when facing a decent team.

Reaction Score
They play "fun" games with the women's team super john, even Simon Says so you figure it out............:rolleyes:

Too bad UCONN marketing thinks the cerimonial opening of the season is a game show.

I wish they would go back to the original Midnight Madness for the men at Midnight. Scrimmage, dunk and 3 pt contest and Cheering for the recruits in the buikding- that is what Midnight Madness is.

Have the women's "show" for their fans at another time(earlier since their fan base is mostly old people & young kids :D). They used to do it on a Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom