Devin Robinson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Devin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Jerry Meyer crystal ball is at 50/50 after IU visit... not sure that's news, but I expect it to swing in IU's favor so this must be a good sign, right?

It's a very good sign. I think this one will come down to the connection Ollie has with the kid, just like Larrier's did with Smart.

Reaction Score
It's a very good sign. I think this one will come down to the connection Ollie has with the kid, just like Larrier's did with Smart.

Has there been word about how he/his family are tight w/ KO or are you just speculating?

Reaction Score
So Jerry Meyer crystal ball is at 50/50 after IU visit... not sure that's news, but I expect it to swing in IU's favor so this must be a good sign, right?

It has been swinging towards IU. First 5 picks were Uconn, all of which are at least a few weeks old. The 5 most recent picks were IU.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If he doesn't commit to Indiana before UCONN visit then I will feel pretty doggone good about his ending up at UCONN when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
One thing people are missing here is that he's visiting Florida prior to UConn, and Florida has a need for a SF. They have one kid who will be a junior when Robinson is a freshman.

Indiana, meanwhile, is stacked at the SF position. Multiple young players.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Has there been word about how he/his family are tight w/ KO or are you just speculating?

Just the usual fluff, but we were the first big school on the kid, which is almost always an advantage.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big proponent of selling playing time but it looks like IU has 5 SF's already for 2014. Maybe some of those guys will play the 4 but its still a log jam. In addition, IU has only one scholly left and they need another PG much more than a SF. Assuming Daniels opts for the NBA we will only have DHam (who also plays the 2) and Tolk play the 3. That's gotta factor in....

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Enough with whatever the god-damn crystal ball 'experts' say... i'm sick of hearing about these dudes changing their minds every two seconds based on pure speculation. They don't seem to know

Let the kid take his visits. Once he gets on campus here and I have faith in Ollie.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not a big proponent of selling playing time but it looks like IU has 5 SF's already for 2014. Maybe some of those guys will play the 4 but its still a log jam. In addition, IU has only one scholly left and they need another PG much more than a SF. Assuming Daniels opts for the NBA we will only have DHam (who also plays the 2) and Tolk play the 3. That's gotta factor in....

Calhoun will also play some three, maybe more than Daniel.

Reaction Score
The "crystal balls" aren't worth much but I would expect them to swing to whichever school a kid just visited unless the visit went poorly which doesn't seem to happen much. My only concern was having him not commit during the visit, mission accomplished. I'll take my chances on Ollie getting his chance to make a pitch.

Reaction Score

i take it.. there is limited info on the kid, but have not heard much interested in florida

Reaction Score
I think Notre Dame, Indiana, and Florida are all major players in addition to us. Wouldn't be shocked if he committed to any of those schools.

As an aside, I wish every kid handled their recruitment like Devin. No shenanigans or constant "leaks" to the press from his camp as a way to drive up the price, no mystery visits, no de-commitments three minutes after committing, no "I'll decide in the next week" statements when he's not going to be ready in the next week, etc. Just take your visits and decide when you're ready. It shouldn't be that hard.

caw

Reaction Score

I think he makes it to UConn uncommitted if only because his AAU coach has such strong ties to UConn.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think he makes it to UConn uncommitted if only because his AAU coach has such strong ties to UConn.

Cool....so his "handlers" have ties to the "Good Guys"?

Reaction Score
Cool....so his "handlers" have ties to the "Good Guys"?
Haha. I believe this has been mentioned on here before, but he plays AAU ball for the Richmond Squires, and the director of his AAU program is Tony Squire: http://www.squirebball.com/news/ct_visit_102011.htm
Squire’s history with UConn includes Ray Allen, NBA All Star of the Boston Celtics, and Ricky Moore, starting point guard in the 1999 National Championship team,

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If he doesn't commit to Indiana before UCONN visit then I will feel pretty doggone good about his ending up at UCONN when all is said and done.

When/if he signs a LOI, I will feel pretty doggone good about his ending up at UCONN when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
As an aside, I wish every kid handled their recruitment like Devin. No shenanigans or constant "leaks" to the press from his camp as a way to drive up the price, no mystery visits, no de-commitments three minutes after committing, no "I'll decide in the next week" statements when he's not going to be ready in the next week, etc. Just take your visits and decide when you're ready. It shouldn't be that hard.

"Why can't teenagers just act in their own rational self-interest?" - every parent in the world

Reaction Score
I wonder how much re-alignment will affect Robinson, the IU board seems to think Uconn is out of this race.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much re-alignment will affect Robinson, the IU board seems to think Uconn is out of this race.

Unless they're privy to some info that the rest of the recruiting world is oblivious to they have about as much idea of where he is going as we do.

By all accounts it's been quiet from Robinson's family/camp so IU is just speculating like we are

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer@jerrymeyer247 9h
@IUbball Don't have enough yet to change to Indiana w Devin Robinson but I think it is neck and neck w perhaps Indiana in the lead.

I don't see this as a bad sign...he just came back from visiting there so it's easy to say they're leading. He obviously had a great visit. But hopefully we provide him with a great atmosphere next weekend and Ollie and Co. can seal the deal. His recruitment has been a little bit quiet (sort of refreshing actually) but I at least feel like we have a solid shot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom