Devin Robinson | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Devin Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Robinson will make the trip here. tiFWIW

Reaction Score
If you polled a lot of people who were at least 40 years old or who grew up with classic rock, the likely winner of a poll would be Stairway to Heaven. I was looking on You Tube for some music video and came across a bunch of the Top Ten _____ (best vocalist, best guitar, best etc.) and when you look at top 100 or 500 rock songs of all time, Stairway to Heaven is about 50/50 to be #1. It's not my favorite and I'm not debating it (it's just a subjective preference), but was surprised to see that much consistency.

I'll take The Stroke as my favorite of all time. I love it and I also think it is a great stadium song.

Reaction Score
I don't think Robinson will make the trip here. tiFWIW

I am going to be vague, but there is some talk that he might not. please do not ask much more

Reaction Score
Rumors floating the UConn is no longer recruiting Robinson. Just passing it along. Not trying to troll or be negative.

Reaction Score
Why not? You can't throw that out and not expect people to ask. And if we have stopped recruiting him is it simply because he has indicated he's going to commit elsewhere?

Reaction Score
Stairway to heaven always closed the show at jr high and high school dances.
Gave you plenty of time to summon the courage to make a move .

Reaction Score
If he commits to Indiana before visiting, can we officially put to bed the myth of the final visit being beneficial?

Reaction Score
If you go to the uconnreport.com mens bball board (thread title: Cassell Jr; its a free board so anyone can read it), it seems like UConn backed off because they need bigs, and Robinson only wants to play the 3. Well boys, looks like we got another good ole fashioned roller coaster on our hands again. Get ready!

Reaction Score
If he wants to play the three cya, or he could sit firmly behind dham or calhoun for two years if he wants.

Reaction Score
If Robinson really only wants to play the 3, Ollie and co. should let him know he has a spot at SF reserved in Storrs.

This sounds like a garbage rumor to me. If UConn really did "back off," it's probably because the staff knows Robinson is heading elsewhere and would rather expend their energy on other recruits (aka Swift and Graham). But backing off because he wants to play the 3? That sounds a little too ridiculous to be true.

Reaction Score
On one of his tweets Robinson considers himself a power forward. This stuff about playing the 3 exclusively is a myth. I'm not saying he and UConn are not on the outs, I have no idea. But the purported idea of him refusing to play anything but SF (whatever the hell that means) is false.

Reaction Score
IMHO Deandre is about 80% gone after this year. Expecting big things from him. Only way he comes back is if he has an inconsistent year and is worried about falling to the second round because of the expected deep draft class next year. If he does leave that means DHam is the only competition at the 3 unless I'm forgetting someone. Plenty of opportunity available. If we stopped recruiting him its because we already lost him to some other program.

Reaction Score
I hate to be pessimistic, but I have reached out to him multiple times on twitter, with real simple things like "can't wait until you visit first night" and "D Rob visiting UConn on the 18th" etc. etc. and he hasn't favorited or RTed anything as he used to earlier on in his recruitment...doesn't mean much but just odd

Reaction Score
IMHO Deandre is about 80% gone after this year. Expecting big things from him. Only way he comes back is if he has an inconsistent year and is worried about falling to the second round because of the expected deep draft class next year. If he does leave that means DHam is the only competition at the 3 unless I'm forgetting someone. Plenty of opportunity available. If we stopped recruiting him its because we already lost him to some other program.
Omar is also competition @ the 3

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not sure of other peoples sources, I don't know anything from UConns side, but I haven't heard they have stopped. I may be in a similar situation that three was with Kasongo, though not direct contact with the recruit in this case, with confusion with the people I have heard from. I'm hearing UConn is still trying to get him to visit.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The kid is a late rising top 20 5 * that we've been on since day 1. The notion that we would just say "welp! He wants to play the 3 so I guess that's that," is silly. Especially when you consider that the 3/4 are probably very similar in Ollie's free flow offense and likely both would prepare NBA 3's. I know 3uconn supported some guy on twitter who was saying the same and 99 echoing that is concerning, but the argument is weak.

Reaction Score
No one knows anything about what he is thinking. These people are just making assumptions and predictions. He will make the decision that is best for him and based on the fact he seems thoughtful and thorough he will most likely take all his visits and then sign in the early signing period.

Reaction Score
Does robinson even fill a need for us? As 99 stated, he's not even a small ball 4. It would really make no sense for him to come here and not get tick, when he could go to indiana and play much more. Swift would be interesting energy guy who probably understands he isn't good enough to start right away.

Reaction Score
Slide him to 2.
only so many minutes to be had there, if Boat returns then Boat and Purvis are guaranteed starters in the backcourt. if he doesn't Cassell could possibly be good enought to start right off the bat due to his skills and advanced age, then who knows if Samuel progresses to the point where he starts or commands alot of minutes. I'm sure we'll see Omar spending some time @ the 2 probably starting as early as this season but going forward we're gonna have alot of talent at the guard and wing spots, if Robinson only wants to play the 3 spot, then there is going to be a minutes crunch. The whole 3/4 dilemma that these recruits have is dumb imo, its not like we're asking DeAndre to play like a bully on the block, he's doing alot of his work from the perimeter and shooting fadeaways and turnarounds in the post, stuff that he would do as a 3 in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom