Depth Chart (Released) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Depth Chart (Released)

Reaction Score
Column on the right is the 40yd dash, on the left is the agility.

Here's the whole leader board...

View attachment 34011

Was this for a single week? If so, when? Was the entire team tested? Did they run first or lift first? Did they test at the beginning or end of practice? Can't imagine too many Coaches would want to put EVERYTHING out there for public consumption before even coming out of the gate.

Reaction Score
They are, I see Banks and Lazarus.

I see a Banks with a 4.99 forty. Look - whatever, I'm just telling you what I see. There was commentary about DB's being fast. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. If this is what we're going on the field with, there are ways around it - but if these guys are our DB's and they're forced into single deep coverage early and often, we're not in an ideal position to win games. Better be solid against the run on first and second downs, and hopefully our offensive line doesn't have lead feet and can block and control the line and the clock on offense.

Reaction Score
Was this for a single week? If so, when? Was the entire team tested? Did they run first or lift first? Did they test at the beginning or end of practice? Can't imagine too many Coaches would want to put EVERYTHING out there for public consumption before even coming out of the gate.

aha - deception. false information. espionage. stealing secrets. I like the way you think. But I'm among the few thousand that have actually watched consistently when this program has taken the field and played what they call football for the past however many years.

Putting slow numbers up on a board for public consumption ahead of game week, is a level of information games that I don't think uconn football is ready to playing yet.

Reaction Score

Wow, very excellent questions. I do know that Dixon and Coyle wore 2lb ankle weights in the 40.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see a Banks with a 4.99 forty. Look - whatever, I'm just telling you what I see. There was commentary about DB's being fast. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. If this is what we're going on the field with, there are ways around it - but if these guys are our DB's and they're forced into single deep coverage early and often, we're not in an ideal position to win games. Better be solid against the run on first and second downs, and hopefully our offensive line doesn't have lead feet and can block and control the line and the clock on offense.

It's so great when former players come back and share their expertise.

Reaction Score
You need to think positive Carl. Edsall's doing the best he can with what he has. That being said, Thursday's game I think, will be a lot closer than you think.

Reaction Score
You need to think positive Carl. Edsall's doing the best he can with what he has. That being said, Thursday's game I think, will be a lot closer than you think.

There is positive and negative, and there is reality and fantasy. The worst thing you can do for a football player and a team is tell them they're something they aren't.

These numbers you posted are not fast. Not for DB's at the level of competition we are playing at. That's reality. There are ways around it, because football IMO is the greatest team sport there is, and the greatest strategic and tactical game of planning and execution and all that big word stuff. And I talked about it already. On defense, If we can't stop the run effectively on first and second downs with solid gap control from a 7 man front, we're in trouble - not just Thursday - but until we get players who can. If we can, then things aren't so bad when you're consistently putting the opposing offense into 3rd and longs. On offense, we need to be able to score points, get ahead on the board, and control the LOS and clock. Edsall had a habit of squeaking out games in the past with solid special teams play and hidden yardage, and points from ST's too, to help that out. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Wow, very excellent questions. I do know that Dixon and Coyle wore 2lb ankle weights in the 40.

so - those numbers aren't real. That's a better option. I like it. Except the film don't lie. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Apples and oranges? Electronic vs. hand? Just wondering.

We've figured this out already. Those numbers aren't real speed. Its meant to make it seem like their slow to UCF scouts. they were running with ankle weights.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is the first time I’ve seen Spackler post about football in ages. I’m used to the conspiracy theories—nice change of pace

Reaction Score

I don’t see his name on 2 deep.

Reaction Score
This is the first time I’ve seen Spackler post about football in ages. I’m used to the conspiracy theories—nice change of pace

Hi Phil! Speaking of foot speed.

Don't look behind you, why ruin the surprise of what's there to catch you? Boo!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here is my updated roster and scholarship chart. Let me know if you spot issues. I heard a rumor Morrison and Banks might be swapping positions, but left them at LB and Safety for now.

This Google sheets sharing is extremely fickle. Anyone have any tips? Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I can't figure out what the issue is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's because he runs a 4.99 forty with ankle weights.

It seemed you pointed at Banks as an example of a lack of speed among DBs, no? We may not yet have the speed back there, but it would seem you'd pick on a guy expected to play as an example of a lack of speed, and not a guy who could not crack 2 deep (perhaps due to speed). Having said all that, my gut tells me he ran a faster 40 time when we made him the offer. Maybe he was eating all summer at DQ with Fines?

Reaction Score
It seemed you pointed at Banks as an example of a lack of speed among DBs, no? We may not yet have the speed back there, but it would seem you'd pick on a guy expected to play as an example of a lack of speed, and not a guy who could not crack 2 deep (perhaps due to speed). Having said all that, my gut tells me he ran a faster 40 time when we made him the offer. Maybe he was eating all summer at DQ with Fines?

I'm not picking on anybody. You'll know if I'm picking on somebody. The board says 4.99, and it's not at the top.

Reaction Score
I'm not picking on anybody. You'll know if I'm picking on somebody. The board says 4.99, and it's not at the top.

Those times and other measurements were taken in the first weeks of spring camp. I certainly hope there has been some improvement since.

Reaction Score
Those times and other measurements were taken in the first weeks of spring camp. I certainly hope there has been some improvement since.

No worries. They're weighted times. We've determined this already. I do like the way that other guy thinks though. I think somebody should post a picture of player stats on a board every week - that's not accurate or real.

Reaction Score
Those times and other measurements were taken in the first weeks of spring camp.

Not sure about that... picture notes “Summer 2018” in bottom right of each player name.

Reaction Score

there's also a board for 2 deep, and he's not on that either.

Reaction Score
there's also a board for 2 deep, and he's not on that either.

Dude - I never heard of this Banks guy before last night. All I know is he runs a 4.99 forty with weights on, and that's not at the top of the list. If he's going to help the team win, it's better to be at the top of the player competition leader boards than the bottom. Unless it's all fake news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom