Depth Chart (Released) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Depth Chart (Released)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

That’s a new thing to blame the “people on social media” for....depth chart.

I like Edsall, but this is where he could be better....how about he realizes the fans want to see this information and it gets them buzzing for the season? His inspirational leadership quotes aren’t enough to sustain us without any games to discuss.

Reaction Score

I like Edsall, but this is where he could be better....how about he realizes the fans want to see this information and it gets them buzzing for the season? His inspirational leadership quotes aren’t enough to sustain us without any games to discuss.

He’s not wrong... depth charts are overrated the first week of the season. His question was in direct response to question of Scott over Mensah @ RB.

Reaction Score
Thought Travis Jones was working at DE and not NT? Caleb Thomas at DE and not NT. Gilmartin at OLB not ILB.

Reaction Score
Glad to see that Fines earned "or" starter status, I thought he might be a complete bust.

Maurisseau must have some serious speed not only making the two deep at WR but also starting on the kick return team.

Surprised TJ Gardner didn't make the two deep, coach must be sending a message to work harder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Or said another way, "says the guy who tweets out bat signals". Edsall has always been peculiar in this fashion. He will talk about needing to bring the fans back, but he seems to loathe the things that keep fans engaged and interested when there are no games.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He’s not wrong... depth charts are overrated the first week of the season. His question was in direct response to question of Scott over Mensah @ RB.

I didn't say he is wrong, I just think he shouldn't use the blame social media defense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sort of has been reported for a couple weeks that Terry was behind Swenson

Swenson was one of the few Diaco recruits with an objectively impressive pedigree. I'm not too surprised.

Reaction Score
Guess I missed that. Consensus including the Courant was that Terry would start I thought. Courant has to be a bit embarrassed. The SID has to take care of his customers better than that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought Mensah played very well last season. That Scott beat him out tells me we have some talent back there.
Agree. I will be interested in seeing how the two of them are used, # of carries etc.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Here’s a player quote. “With Edsall the players who play will be the ones who deserve to play. With Diaco it was never that certain.”

A good friend of mine is a player who spanned the Pasqualoni/Diaco regimes. He has said there were always two distinct factions of players...the P recruits and the D recruits. Irrespective of merit, the D recruits likely played and the P recruits likely rode the bench during the Diaco tenure. That situation obviously didn't foster any sense of team chemistry, and the results logically followed.

Reaction Score
For all of Diaco’s idiocy this depth chart is the biggest indictment of him.
No doubt about it. Many fans loved to focus on all the other things about Diaco but his recruiting, especially on the defensive side of the ball, was horrendous!

Reaction Score
No doubt about it. Many fans loved to focus on all the other things about Diaco but his recruiting, especially on the defensive side of the ball, was horrendous!
Or, Edsall is gonna play his guys.

Reaction Score
Or, Edsall is gonna play his guys.

He's playing the best players. Edsall wouldn't punish a player just because someone else recruited them, he's trying to win games. There are 7 Diaco recruits starting on offense. There's even 5 Diaco recruits starting on defense and Murphy and Terry are backups on D who will be getting plenty of burn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's playing the best players. There are plenty of Diaco recruits starting on offense. Edsall wouldn't punish a player just because someone else recruited them. He's trying to win games.
If you say so. I don't have those data. Happy for you if you do. Just saying that is an alternate explanation. And I am not a Diaco apologist. I was immediately skeptical when he was hired and nothing he did except his second season really changed my opinion much.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Recruiting pedigree is somewhat relevant. Sure. The data we are looking for are on the field, however.

Ah. I misread that as referring to data concerning whether or not Edsall was prioritizing his own recruits over Diaco's.

Reaction Score
Was wondering how I might have missed this so I exercised the search function and didn't find much that was relevant. Who reported this, someone in the sports media that the search function would not pick up on?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Was wondering how I might have missed this so I exercised the search function and didn't find much that was relevant. Who reported this, someone in the sports media that the search function would not pick up on?

I honestly can’t remember whether it was something RE said or if it was mentioned on Matt S podcast or something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom