Depth Chart (Released) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Depth Chart (Released)

Reaction Score
Marshé Terry will have a big impact on D this year. Depth chart position is meant to motivate. It will.

Reaction Score
I got one gripe about all of this... No big deal to most, but why on Earth do we only have somebody's picture of the two deep and not something more official? Might not be a big deal to anybody else, but, just sayin... Coach doesn't read much into the 2 deep as we do, but we as fans deserve something better than somebody taking a pic of it and then sharing it through social media...

They can usually be found each game week in the 2018 UConn Media Center on the UConn Football page (and archived). Here is this week's: 18UCF - UConn Huskies

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the biggest negative surprise is Holmes. I thought he would make the two deep. The biggest positive surprise is Haynes of course... I didn’t see this coming until he was mentioned a week ago.

I thought Paul and K. Jones showed enough in their HS tape that they had a real chance to be starters. Especially given the known limited abilities of the upper classman at their two positions.

For disappointments, would have liked to have seen Gardner make the two deep as well.

In the end, there might be less than 10 scholarship guys that don’t get significant playing time this year.

Reaction Score
The Journal Inquirer continued headline this evening on Neil Ostrout's piece was "Diaco Recruits Swept Aside as Edsall Opts For Freshmen" Looks like I was not the only one to think that the long game is being played.

Reaction Score
Marshé Terry will have a big impact on D this year. Depth chart position is meant to motivate. It will.

Terry will definitely play. But not sure this is just some motivational ploy. I don't know why this surprised a lot of people. Swenson and Terry happen to play the same position. Only one can start. And we have heard great things coming out of HS and early on with Swenson before an injury last year. As athletic as Terry is he reminds me of a young Obi who got beat deep a lot and didn't take the best angles. He's got to learn the finer details of eye discipline and reading an offense. Can't just be an athlete at this level.

Reaction Score
Hate seeing Buss as a punt returner if he's also a starting WR. Why take the risk?

Reaction Score
Terry’s got to learn the finer details of eye discipline and reading an offense. Can't just be an athlete at this level.
Agree. Looking forward to watching him Thursday night.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest negative surprise is Holmes. I thought he would make the two deep. The biggest positive surprise is Haynes of course... I didn’t see this coming until he was mentioned a week ago.

I thought Paul and K. Jones showed enough in their HS tape that they had a real chance to be starters. Especially given the known limited abilities of the upper classman at their two positions.

For disappointments, would have liked to have seen Gardner make the two deep as well.

In the end, there might be less than 10 scholarship guys that don’t get significant playing time this year.
Good call on Holmes and Gardner. Thought they'd be on the 2 deep for sure;however, coach did say a lot of kids will play so it ain't over for those 2 just yet. Love seeing K K & K P on the 1st tl asm unit. Hope they stick and develop. Reminds of a story of a couple of kids during Edsall 1.0 (Al Fincher & Darius Butler)

Reaction Score
Hate seeing Buss as a punt returner if he's also a starting WR. Why take the risk?

We are ok at those positions. Also have a couple of DB's who are extremely fast and played either wide receiver or was a dual threat QB in high school. Don't look at the depth chart like it's carved in stone, especially with who the punt returner is.

Reaction Score
Also have a couple of DB's who are extremely fast and played either wide receiver or was a dual threat QB in high school. Don't look at the depth chart like it's carved in stone, especially with who the punt returner is.
We do? Extremely fast?? Can't wait to see that I guess.

Reaction Score
Also have a couple of DB's who are extremely fast and played either wide receiver or was a dual threat QB in high school. Don't look at the depth chart like it's carved in stone, especially with who the punt returner is.

We do? Extremely fast?? Can't wait to see that I guess.

Here you go A....

Tyler Coyle's the 2nd fastest on the team right behind Dixon, and was a dual threat QB at Windsor High School. Herring-Wilson is quick as well.

Screenshot_20180828-201942.png

Reaction Score
Well, I'm assuming that 2nd column are 40 times, and probably digital timing system, instead of hand, and are the fastest on the team by the commentary? There are ways to play defense to get around this problem, but we're in trouble if we can't stop the run.

Reaction Score
For more recent comparison sake - that Joe Williams kid that Pasqualoni recruited that ended up at Utah ran a 4.38. It is what it is. There are ways to get around this - but we got to be able to stop the run on defense on first and second downs, and we better be able to control the LOS on offense.

Reaction Score
So Tyvon Branch was faster than Perkins. Good call.

Just making comparisons dude. Nobody likes smoke blown up their ass. And those numbers you posted aren't showing afterburners coming out their asses.

Reaction Score
For more recent comparison sake - that Joe Williams kid that Pasqualoni recruited that ended up at Utah ran a 4.38. It is what it is. There are ways to get around this - but we got to be able to stop the run on defense on first and second downs, and we better be able to control the LOS on offense.
I think we'll do better than we did last year...Lol

Reaction Score
Just making comparisons dude. Nobody likes smoke blown up their ass. And those numbers you posted aren't showing afterburners coming out their asses.
You can thank three years of recruiting by Honest Bob D, for the slow numbers, and in fairness I don't think the incoming freshman are factored into that leader board.

Reaction Score
You can thank three years of recruiting by Honest Bob D, for the slow numbers, and in fairness I don't think the incoming freshman are factored into that leader board.

They are, I see Banks and Lazarus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom