Depth Chart (Released) | The Boneyard

Depth Chart (Released)

Reaction Score
Aside from the starters I believe the two deep, this year and beyond, is less significant. With the new rule allowing freshman to play up to four games and get redshirted we’re gonna see a lot of players getting time this year- across college football.
We already know who the starters are. Prepare ourselves to see many faces get shuttled in and out of the games as fatigue, adversity and injury takes hold.

Reaction Score
Aside from the starters I believe the two deep, this year and beyond, is less significant. With the new rule allowing freshman to play up to four games and get redshirted we’re gonna see a lot of players getting time this year- across college football.
We already know who the starters are. Prepare ourselves to see many faces get shuttled in and out of the games as fatigue, adversity and injury takes hold.

Yea but where is the 2 Deep?

;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll be looking at how the new freshmen rules affect injuries up front and towards the end of the season.

1. Will freshmen, who would normally be redshirted to build strength at college level, get hurt at higher rates due to playing right away?
2. Will upperclassmen have lower injury rates at the end of the season thanks to freshmen taking some early season snaps? Just by dumb luck of randomness some upper classmen injuries will go to freshmen earlier in the season if freshmen are taking snaps upper classmen normally would be taking.
3. No great prediction here, but some schools will track freshmen snaps, injuries and trends better than others and refine their techniques and others will suck at it.

Reaction Score
Here’s a player quote. “With Edsall the players who play will be the ones who deserve to play. With Diaco it was never that certain.”
I get that. But players always praise the current coach, they know who butters their bread. And all coaches play favorites. Human nature, can't get around it.

That said, Diaco was a train wreck. He didn't know what down it was, let alone who was in the game.

Reaction Score
022.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting to see Fr. Pace @ DE (but Atkins is recovering from Camp injury)

I do expect to see a lot of “or” this year.
Maybe it's just me but I love seeing all the youth on the 2-deep. I know it could lead to a terrible outcome, but sometimes young guys can surprise you. They play with a youthful energy and reckless abandon. They don't realize the magnitude of the moment and are just excited to play. They'll make mistakes but they'll be better for it in a year or two. The future benefits far out-weight the short-term gratification of the program.

I expect this team to compete. They'll take some lumps. But, they won't quit on the coaches or each other.

UCF is not led by Scott Frost. They lost some key players on both sides of the ball. They're ranked in the Top 25. They're on the road......

Reaction Score
I remember Edsall speaking about Robert Holmes last year saying he could see time as a true freshman. What’s going on there that he can’t crack the 2 deep as a RS frosh?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a young defense. The ORs at DE have me thinking that Pace and Uguak are basically getting an audition: are you good enough to play this year or will you be red-shirted?

I am very interested to see how the new rule plays out, RE1.0 seemed to do a great job managing red shirts to maximize players' development... I'm hoping Randy Rebooted can use this new rule to his advantage!

Reaction Score
On defense we have to be able to bring pressure from the LBs. Will be very interesting to see if this group can do that.

I thought Mensah played very well last season. That Scott beat him out tells me we have some talent back there.

The number of frosh in the secondary facing a Heisman QB contender is a bit terrifying.

Reaction Score
Huh??? Terry not starting?? This morning's Putterman article has him starting but I guess not.

Reaction Score
I remember Edsall speaking about Robert Holmes last year saying he could see time as a true freshman. What’s going on there that he can’t crack the 2 deep as a RS frosh?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom