DePaul's next head coach? | The Boneyard

DePaul's next head coach?

Reaction Score
Dave Leitao is getting fired, I'm very interested in who they bring in. This is a huge hire for DePaul, they finally have a legit University president and AD so I hope they get it right. You get the right coach there and you can turn it around in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Would Porter Moser leave Loyola Chicago for the job? Have to imagine he could do a great job recruiting that area for the Big East after seeing what he's done the past few years
that's a great idea i must say. stays at a local catholic school but takes a big step up in competition (and pay i'd assume/hope). would think it's a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Dave Leitao is getting fired, I'm very interested in who they bring in. This is a huge hire for DePaul, they finally have a legit University president and AD so I hope they get it right. You get the right coach there and you can turn it around in a hurry.
Agree. Needs to be someone who can capitalize on the metro Chicago/Milwaukee talent re: recruiting. Their improvement would only help BEC overall.

Reaction Score

Leitao's not getting fired.
@superjohn, please take this as a friendly criticism: You often (seemingly almost always) present opinion as fact. In spoken scenarios, tone can often make your intent clear, but, on the Boneyard, it's often totally unclear. Or, worse, it seems clear that you are reporting a fact you learned, when that is not the case.

For the sake of clarity, you might want to throw some qualifiers in there from time to time.

Reaction Score
@superjohn, please take this as a friendly criticism: You often (seemingly almost always) present opinion as fact. In spoken scenarios, tone can often make your intent clear, but, on the Boneyard, it's often totally unclear. Or, worse, it seems clear that you are reporting a fact you learned, when that is not the case.

For the sake of clarity, you might want to throw some qualifiers in there from time to time.
I've been told Dave Leitao is done at DePaul. I thought it would be something the boneyard would be interested in considering they are in our conference, DL used to coach here, and we beat them last night.

Reaction Score
I've been told Dave Leitao is done at DePaul. I thought it would be something the boneyard would be interested in considering they are in our conference, DL used to coach here, and we beat them last night.
Fair enough. I am just recommending including the "I've been told" in the original post. I have no problems with any other aspect of the post, and I agree it's an appropriate topic to be discussed here.

Reaction Score
Would Porter Moser leave Loyola Chicago for the job? Have to imagine he could do a great job recruiting that area for the Big East after seeing what he's done the past few years
There's an Athletic article by Seth Davis where he quotes an anonymous source saying “There’s a 2 percent chance Porter Moser is the coach at Loyola next year.”

Moser to DePaul would be a no brainer. Grew up just 30 miles outside of Chicago. The Loyola-Chicago job got him coaching in his home city but the DePaul job would get him the $$$ he deserves without uprooting himself and his family.

Plus, that's also a gig I can see DePaul's recent strong recruiting hauls to stick around.

However, Moser' salary (1.1 M), isn't far behind Leitao's (1.36M).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which do peeps think is a better gig, DePaul or BC? Assume they’ll be battling for the same head coaches. Would think DePaul is more attractive of a job tho

Reaction Score
could depaul double it? 2.2 seems reasonable (.84 more than DL). if they want to upgrade from DL they have to put their money where their mouth is and act quickly before a p5 school makes an offer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which do peeps think is a better gig, DePaul or BC? Assume they’ll be battling for the same head coaches. Would think DePaul is more attractive of a job tho
depaul and SJU have as straightforward of a path back to relevance as any program. just keep a couple good recruits from chicago and nyc at home.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
That's a much better way to phrase it. I thought it was a fact until I saw postings further down. Would be even better if you could give us some idea about who told you, a DePaul booster, someone close to a player, some guy at the car wash...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Leitao to BC.

Now SJ (or anybody) can write that they read it somewhere.

Pro tip: Sounds more authoritative if you don't offer a source.

PS - I made it up. But I'm only telling because you're insiders.

Reaction Score
I forgot which Athletic writer wrote about it, but s/he quoted an anoynomous source that the likelihood of staying in Loyola after this season is something like less than 5%.

Moser to DePaul would be a no brainer. Grew up just 30 miles outside of Chicago, the Loyola-Chicago job got him into his home city but the DePaul job would get him the $$$ he deserves without uprooting himself and his family.

Plus, that's also a gig I can see DePaul's recent strong recruiting hauls to stick around.
Watched the last tournament with the assistant AD at Loyola, will try and get info on Moser.
That's a much better way to phrase it. I thought it was a fact until I saw postings further down. Would be even better if you could give us some idea about who told you, a DePaul booster, someone close to a player, some guy at the car wash...
My friend told me, he went there and is friend's with the DePaul women's basketball head coach and the Depaul softball head coach.

Reaction Score
could depaul double it? 2.2 seems reasonable (.84 more than DL). and act quickly before a p5 school makes an offer.
Wright gets 6.1
Cooley gets 3.4
Ewing gets 3
Hurley gets 2.9
Willard gets 2.0
Jordan gets 1.7
McDermott gets 1.4
Steele gets 1.3

On that note, if they can't double Moser's salary to 2.2 million, then they don't deserve him. Moser to DePaul would and should make national headlines. Bold move if happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a great post, although a question, is really a great point to make to the DePaul AD. Come to think of it, I don't know of a better choice for the DePaul job than Porter Moser.

Reaction Score
There's an Athletic article by Seth Davis where he quotes an anonymous source saying “There’s a 2 percent chance Porter Moser is the coach at Loyola next year.”

Moser to DePaul would be a no brainer. Grew up just 30 miles outside of Chicago. The Loyola-Chicago job got him coaching in his home city but the DePaul job would get him the $$$ he deserves without uprooting himself and his family.

If I'm him, I wait for a huge P5 offer. He is a brilliant defensive coach--maybe the best in the country. Certainly close to it.

If he does end up at Depaul that would be a HUGE boon for the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom