Depaul Tops ND 105 to 94 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Depaul Tops ND 105 to 94

Reaction Score
MM's issues this year makes me appreciate Geno and the UConn coaching staff more. Geno anticipates and figures out a way to get transfers, frosh from Poland, etc. While UConn does have transfers out, we usually also recruit the Molly's and Kyla's, players who appear happy trading minutes played for the UConn experience and stay 4 years. We may or may not lose more games than usual this year but still have an exciting, competitive team.
You missed the greatest asset of CD and Geno: Top talent kids sit and agonize as Frosh and hang in with the team and become top WCBB players (MEGAN WALKER). Kids like Molly and Irwin, didn't have many top teams seeking their talent. Walker, she is a model for other top players at Uconn, paid the price and is reaping the rewards. Uconn isn't an easy road for Talented kids a lot is expect of them while walking in the shadows of Uconn Greats and Geno's demands.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just off the boat, no internet, so a late comment
Interesting that the latest thread on the "bench" is severe chastisement of Muffet's
presser performance. The fans are not prepared to see the young team thrown under the bus.
Good on them.

Some beginning mumbling about the Niele Ivey effect...

Let me go a step further with my NI theory...

Is it not possible that it was she, not Muffet that made the trains run on time at ND.
That MM was merely an appendage and the front person.
As noted in an earlier thread, I've seen that syndrome at work in other situ's

We'll just have to continue to monitor the season...

Muffet is just a terrible loser and hardly more gracious when she wins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just off the boat, no internet, so a late comment
Interesting that the latest thread on the "bench" is severe chastisement of Muffet's
presser performance. The fans are not prepared to see the young team thrown under the bus.
Good on them.

Some beginning mumbling about the Niele Ivey effect...

Let me go a step further with my NI theory...

Is it not possible that it was her, not Muffet that made the trains run on time at ND.
That MM was merely an appendage and the front person.
As noted in an earlier thread, I've seen that syndrome at work in other situ's

We'll just have to continue to monitor the season...

Muffet is just a terrible loser and hardly more gracious when she wins.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When Megan came out of the ND game in the 4th qtr, Geno uncharacteristically hugged her. Such displays of affection used to be confined to seniors playing their last game
Bria was a freshman when she got a kiss from Geno

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom