DePaul Post-game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul Post-game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think this was a great game for Evina. Every time a DePaul player got the ball in her hands, Evina was right there to slap it loose or deflect it. Her impact won’t show up in the box score but she was big this game.

I see you Evina Westbrook!

Reaction Score
More optimism for Sunday.
I wonder who will be the stars
against Marquette? Maybe Caroline?
with cameo roles by ---------- ( fill in
the blanks.... but don't leave out Christyn ).

Reaction Score
Thrilled with the performance. Out of everything I really wanted to see UCONN not allow Morrow to dominate the game. And they didn't. And they took it to them inside as well. Something we should expect vs these type of teams.

Need balance and need to defend to be successful. This was a strong balanced game.

Time to build some continuity.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the DePaul game:
  • Now that’s what I’m talkin about!!!
  • Another record tonight as UConn fields their 9th different starting lineup in only 21 games this season.
  • Without Liv & Caroline, against a team the Huskies beat with a last second basket two weeks ago, this was a game that UConn should have had no reasonable expectation of winning, and yet the Huskies came out and played with great heart and intensity, pulling out an improbable victory against the Blue Demons.
  • Dorka & Aaliyah really came to play tonight. With no Liv, UConn’s 2 Bigs both delivered their best games of the season.
  • Before the game, I would have thought we needed 30 from Azzi to have a chance. That didn’t happen. Not to worry, Christyn, Nika & Evina all came up BIG delivering play after play at both ends of the court. They were fabulous tonight.
  • Morrow did her thing, more or less, but UConn frequently ran a second defender at her in the post, and she was never really able to dominate the game as she did in Chicago.
  • This season has been a roller coaster to be sure. Tonight, against all odds, UConn was riding high.
  • OK. Who had UConn +24? :cool:
I agree with out 30 from Fudd this game was a L. 4 points from Azzi and 40 from Edwards and Dorka, 20 from CW. This wasn't an easy win they way these kids (and Geno) made it look. His game plan, his defense, his mixiing and matching players, kept his buddy Doug off balance.
I don't know when I have been this pleased with this years Uconn team. I'm not jumping into the deep end of the pool but, this is the best game from Uconn women in a long long while. They are not yet Sue and DT or Tuck and Stew, but when Paige and Fudd are healthy--look out.

Reaction Score
GREAT game! Now, if we could only make layups, we would have won by 40+
Dorka and Edwards, CW, Muhl made layups!! A great layup making team Depaul, didn't do soo good. UC W were much better than earlier this season. Be greatful for small blessings.

Reaction Score
Wednesday Duds were today’s Studs. The yo-yo team continues it’s up and down performances. Notice Nika didn’t pickup her dribble and was aggressive driving to the basket. How many times has she done that? Her best game me thinks. I would expect her best game to date. The BIGS did a great job scoring,defending,and distributing the ball. Azzi’s shooting % is probably down to 40% but she did contribute in other ways. E was not spectacular but had one of her better games. Chrystin very aggressive going to the hoop. Now if they would all play like this the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
One of the things I do not worry about is Azzi’s shooting. She still made an impact on the game anyway
For a Freshman, in a needed game, with shooting pressure NOW on her, she played beyond her year as a Husky

Reaction Score
What a strange ending to the Villanova/ Marquette game. Marquette took a 2 point lead with two seconds left in the game. But they somehow fouled Siegrist with less than a second left in the game. She hit both free throws to tie the game & Villanova won by double digits in OT. Siegrist scored 42 points & was 12 for 12 on free throws

Reaction Score
I think this was a great game for Evina. Every time a DePaul player got the ball in her hands, Evina was right there to slap it loose or deflect it. Her impact won’t show up in the box score but she was big this game.

I see you Evina Westbrook!
EW has been amazing all season. Has to be playing with some nagging injury yet shows up every game, possibly at some cost to her pro future. The glue

Reaction Score
Wednesday Duds were today’s Studs. The yo-yo team continues it’s up and down performances. Notice Nika didn’t pickup her dribble and was aggressive driving to the basket. How many times has she done that? Her best game me thinks. I would expect her best game to date. The BIGS did a great job scoring,defending,and distributing the ball. Azzi’s shooting % is probably down to 40% but she did contribute in other ways. E was not spectacular but had one of her better games. Chrystin very aggressive going to the hoop. Now if they would all play like this the rest of the season.
Uconn, for a fan, can never truly be duds. This team ran defenses and offenses as well or better than before this entire year. This team played the O and D game plans as Geno drew they up. And they were the HEALTHY . Geno didn't give away fouls to keep players on the floor that was the difference along with a healthy Dorka.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
What a strange ending to the Villanova/ Marquette game. Marquette took a 2 point lead with two seconds left in the game. But they somehow fouled Siegrist with less than a second left in the game. She hit both free throws to tie the game & Villanova won by double digits in OT. Siegrist scored 42 points & was 12 for 12 on free throws
Glad that you are still supporting FloHoops :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I find it a little bizarre that UConn could bookend the Villanova game with probably their two best performances this year.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: Nika took two 10-12 footers and made one. At least a couple of us have been hoping for that, and if she can develop that skill and the confidence to use it, UConn will be a much better team. Also loved her defense and passing. I was surprised that she only had five assists.

Also a shoutout to the whole team for their movement. As I alluded above, it's surprising that this is happening only two days after the absolute stagnation of Wednesday.

Add a healthy Caroline and Olivia and a mostly healthy Paige to this and you've got magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom