OT: - DePaul Hiring Porter Moser? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: DePaul Hiring Porter Moser?

Reaction Score
This would be a nice hire both for DePaul and Moser for a few reasons. Good coaches mentioned above with a few of them having long term contracts so there’s that stability and commitment. Moser has nowhere to go but up so if he improves their record to 8-12 in conference that’s improvement. He’s familiar with the city and can most likely recruit the local kids to play there. I also have to wonder if the return and success of UConn to the big east raises all boats.
I really can't think of a better coach that DePaul could have gotten within the realm of availability and possibility.

Reaction Score
Well I think this puts the rumors in the grave. Can't imagine he would go out of his way to post this and then end up leaving.

Reaction Score
You can't imagine a coach lying? First day following college basketball?
He never even had to respond to or acknowledge the rumors like this. The fact that he went out of his way to do so tells me he's staying. Also, this whole thing makes no sense. Only reason for this to happen would be his Chicago ties. OU is a much better job than DePaul.

Reaction Score
He never even had to respond to or acknowledge the rumors like this. The fact that he went out of his way to do so tells me he's staying. Also, this whole thing makes no sense. Only reason for this to happen would be his Chicago ties. OU is a much better job than DePaul.
You took the bait and got trolled it’s ok.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well I think this puts the rumors in the grave. Can't imagine he would go out of his way to post this and then end up leaving.

Their season isn't over yet.

It may well be merely conjecture on someone's part that ran wild but regardless of what really is going on, the tweet had to say what it did.

Reaction Score
You took the bait and got trolled it’s ok.
Please come back to this and tell me I was right when this absolutely bizzare move from a rising program to one of the worst D1 basketball programs for decades doesn't happen. Literally potential career suicide in the making if he takes the DePaul job.

Reaction Score
Not that I'm comparing them or even saying Moser will definitely be at DePaul, but I just think it's a pretty meaningless tweet. Calipari gave this interview 2 weeks before he went to Kentucky

Reaction Score
Not that I'm comparing them or even saying Moser will definitely be at DePaul, but I just think it's a pretty meaningless tweet. Calipari gave this interview 2 weeks before he went to Kentucky

Big difference between being asked a question by the media and being forced to acknowledge the rumors vs. specifically going out of your way to address them on your own accord through a social media post. The OU fanbase will literally want the guy dead if he leaves now after making that post lol. He must have the worst optics in the world if he made this post and is still going to leave.

Reaction Score
This would be awesome for them, it’s definitely gonna wake up and move the needle with the “fan base”, I still think DePaul can be somewhat of a sleeping giant

Reaction Score
Big difference between being asked a question by the media and being forced to acknowledge the rumors vs. specifically going out of your way to address them on your own accord through a social media post. The OU fanbase will literally want the guy dead if he leaves now after making that post lol. He must have the worst optics in the world if he made this post and is still going to leave.
Not really. If he doesn't post that tweet he's going to get that question every day until their season ends

Reaction Score
I really can't think of a better coach that DePaul could have gotten within the realm of availability and possibility.
Personally I feel bad for Porter. If he turns that dumpster fire around he should be Coach of the year.

Reaction Score

Yeah either Oklahoma caved or the very subtle "I have spoken to NO ONE about any job!!". What about his agent?

Reaction Score
I think he's going to DePaul.
DePaul can't "legally" (in NCAA rules) speak to HIM before his season is over anyways. Plenty of coaches have said something like this and then turned around and did the thing once they could (Lincoln Riley, Thad Matta to Ohio State, etc.)

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
moser hasn't been fired or forced to retire at a power conference school yet.

once he does that, he becomes a prime candidate to step down a level to a CL school (mid major).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Who says you can't go home

If true, he decided to go home, and that's that.

Sometimes the simple things bring you happiness, and that's all that matters. I have often times thought coaches were stupid for moving up, Especially when they were worshiped, well paid and had job security

Family matters

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

once he does that, he becomes a prime candidate to step down a level to a CL school (mid major).

And yet here you are, yet again, wishing you had what we have

I'll take incredible success on the courts over conference affiliation all day every day

Of course. You can't comprehend what I'm talking about. Have to experience it first I suppose

Reaction Score

Didn’t Hurley also say something like this about URI before taking the job here?

Reaction Score

Don't worry bud. Next Sunday your bracket reveal isn't at 6 PM like the real programs are. Wait a couple more hours on ESPNU for your guys' reveal to see if the mighty bearcats of Cincinnati got a 4 or 5 seed in the rejects tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom